The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NA Server - Game will not log in with Personal Hotspot Apple Iphone X

Stratti
Stratti
✭✭✭✭✭
Don't know why but the client refuses to acknowledge the internet on my phone provided to the computer as a hotspot. I have had to do it because the internet where I live is shocking and unplayable. I have speedtests showing high levels of internet, I do that report and it shows fine, I do a repair and that doesn't fix it. This is getting very frustrating.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Error 201 - Instantly . Also ironically I am using the same hotspot to power the logging on technical support. This is ridiculous
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The exact error code is Error 201 (7:4:181:1006)
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also logs in fine on crappy internet from the WIFI modem in the house - it only does this when trying to switch hotspot. Only game i've had that has had this issue.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some additional information. It works fine hotspotting off another different Iphone.
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    Please edit your initial post, rather than creating new replies for additional information.

Networking through a mobile hotspot is a difficult thing to diagnose, because every phone manufacturer does it a bit differently. You mentioned that the hotspot works on a different device. Is that working device an older iPhone or an Android phone? Do any other applications besides ESO work while using the iPhoneX? Edit: I saw that you were able to log on tech support.

Here is a help article which relates to your issue: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2006/~/what-do-i-do-if-i-receive-an-error-201-login-service-has-failed-error?

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that your iPhoneX is not acting like a router, and is instead simply working as a passthrough to your laptop. Where the IP address of your (assuming laptop) is matching your iPhoneX's, causing the servers to think that your iPhoneX is the device trying to login. I had a similar issue years ago playing League of Legends using a mobile hotspot, where I was able to browse the internet, and do basic online tasks, but was unable to login to certain game servers. I'm not enough of an expert to be able to tell exactly why that happens.
    Edited by MilkJugg24 on April 29, 2020 5:29AM
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any information on how to correct the issue of the phone not acting like a router?
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, I do not have experience with the Apple iPhone operating systems. After thinking a bit, your phone service might also be partially to blame for this as well. I wish I could help more. I don't really have an easy fix other than simply using that alternate device or just using another internet source. Sorry.
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At any rate the ping is so terrible that the game is barely worth persisting with. I returned after a few months break and I am not impressed.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - ZOS why bother having a thread for technical support if after a month you do not even bother to provide help. Seriously that is poor service by anyone's reckoning - this error has reared again now in June 4th . It would have been nice to get an answer for it. Is it possible this is just for show or do you mean to provide poor tech support.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Stratti

Please be sure to try the troubleshooting steps in this article if you are still receiving an Error 201 message.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post