The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Launcher - network speed incorrect - not using full bandwidth

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
Support ticket 200427-001930

Speedtest is stating 76Mbps download speed ... But when I have the ESO Launcher open it doesn't even get higher than 9 :-)
Other games or website actions work on a normal speed.

ESO launcher is the only thing that's active on W10 Pro

yb1egwly2zo2.png
640953d4es7f.png
Edited by Jimboo84 on April 27, 2020 10:13AM
Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Jimboo84

Your ticket #200427-001930 was opened successfully and is in the correct queue. There may be a delayed response due to high ticket volume.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    There are no issues here.

The ESO client displays the download speed in megaBYTES per second. Ookla Speedtest displays internet speed in megaBITS per second.

Megabyte (MB) One megabyte is eight megabits.
    Megabit (Mb) One megabit is an eighth of a megabyte.

Therefore if you take your 9.26MB/s on the ESO client, and multiply it by 8, you get 74.08Mb/s which is just under your internet speedtest results.

If you do however see the number go below what you'd expect, it is likely because the file being downloaded is small and caused the average bandwidth used to be lower than normal. When a larger file is queued, that number should be raised accordingly. If you're in the installation phase, the speed is determined by your storage device. Hard drives typically take much longer than Solid state drives due to their inner workings. Sometimes however, servers do get strained, and the speed at which data can be downloaded is limited, but if you follow the simple math above, you can verify this for yourself!
    Edited by MilkJugg24 on April 29, 2020 12:48AM
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!