The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

cant log into the game, steam version doesnt show up on steam

MTBFritz
MTBFritz
Soul Shriven
Hello folks.

After a long hiatus I wanted to dip back into ESO so I dug up my account info, reinstalled and run into the following problem on the login screen.

"Login failed. Your username or password may be incorrect or inactive at this time. if you have purchased the steam version please login via the steam overlay"

So I go to the account screen and successfully log into my account which means the account info is correct. My account site shows an active ESO steam version and is linked to my steam account. My steam account doesnt list ESO tho and going to the store page only allows me to purchase it again which I dont want to do. Without owning the steam version (steam thinks I dont even tho I do) I am not allowed to post on the steam ESO community forum thats why I post here.

I thought that even without going through the steam boot I would be able to load and login into ESO as all steam does is redirect me to the ESO login server anyway.

What are my steps now?
How do I get steam to show ESO in my library so I can boot it from there? Do I need to contact steam about that?
My game login is the same as my account login I presume?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MTBFritz

There have been some login issues affecting the servers this weekend. Please let us know if you are still having an issue today when logging in.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MTBFritz
    MTBFritz
    Soul Shriven
    Hello BillE,

thanks for the reply. I have just tried to log into my account again and receive a pop-up window for a confirmation code. It works now and I m happily creating a new character to enjoy the game. Thank you very much for helping me out ^^