The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot gift DLC bundle

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am trying to gift the 4-pack DLC bundle to a friend, but cannot because they already own Imperial City (which is free). Why am I not allowed to gift the rest of the bundle?
Seems like a bad idea to block a purchase because you own the free parts!
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings! If you are experiencing an issue with gifting the Guilds and Glory pack to your friend, then we encourage you to reach out to our support team at help.elderscrollsonline.com so that they can look into this for you.

Please be aware that we are currently experiencing high contact volumes, due to the impact of COVID-19, and you may experience increased waiting times when contacting Customer Support.
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on April 14, 2020 3:15PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_Adrikoth but the only way to submit a ticket for Crown Store issues is "feedback" - which will not get a response in time for the sale.

Rather disaapointing.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hello, please note that tickets submitted as feedback do not receive a direct response from our support team. We advise selecting the ticket path that is best suited to your inquiry. Selecting "Billing" and "I have a question about a sale/offer" would be a good option to submit your ticket.
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on April 14, 2020 3:29PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ok. thanks!
  • Countdownical
    Countdownical
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth This is not only specific for him, this is happening for everyone that try to gift the DLC pack to someone who happen to own one of the DLCs. This is an old issue that was supposed to be fixed in January :

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6530330/#Comment_6530330
    @Countdownical Experienced High-End Raider - PC EU - Here since Feb 27, 2014.

Lead of Flipping Coins - Rawl'kha, Reaper's March.
    Lead of Rolling Coins - Belkarth, Craglorn.
    Lead of Shining Coins - Elden Root, Grahtwood.

All are TRADE Guilds. Contact me for invites!
  • Lethallin
    Lethallin
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I went to do a gold:crown exchange for that pack about 3 days ago and they couldn’t gift me the package because of the Imperial City DLC.

It’d be best to remove the DLC from the pack since it’s free.
    Master Outfitter
    Formerly on Xbox NA server, CP 1009 (Joined October 15, 2017)
    Avela Hlaalu: Dunmer Mag DK
    Mends-the-Stars: Argonian Warden Healer
    Arainai Sulah'Nehn: Breton Magplar
    Zevrana Fen'Ris: Orc Stamblade
    V'Laste: Altmer Magblade
    -Hot: Breton Mag DK
    Necromina: Breton Necromancer Healer
    -Cute: Orc Stamcro
    Eletania Valarian: Breton Templar Healer

Now on PC NA server, CP 380 (Joined December 26, 2019)
    Avela Hlaalu: Dunmer Magcro
    Mender of Stars: Khajiit Warden Healer
    -Fenris: Bosmer Stamden
    Mends-the-Guars: Argonian Nightblade Healer
    -Lavellan: Breton Templar Healer
    -Solas: Breton Magblade
    -Vakarian: Breton Magsorc
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lethallin wrote: »
    Yep, I went to do a gold:crown exchange for that pack about 3 days ago and they couldn’t gift me the package because of the Imperial City DLC.

It’d be best to remove the DLC from the pack since it’s free.

I do not think everyone has that DLC even though it was given away as free. A better solution needs to be developed that works for everyone.

Submit a ticket and explain the situation. Zos has handled this on a case by case situation until the find an appropriate work around.
  • Tujax
    Tujax
    Soul Shriven
    I submitted a ticket for the exact same thing. Thanks for having this thread because I was about to make one!
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ticket submitted... no response as of yet.

Surely to goodness this can be fixed easily??? Probably not before time runs out on the discount though.

• ggiraudon
    ggiraudon
    Soul Shriven
    Do we have any updates on this ?
    I too have opened a ticket but have gotten no response.
    Time is running out on the promotion. It would be nice if we could get a resolution by then.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ggiraudon wrote: »
    Do we have any updates on this ?
    I too have opened a ticket but have gotten no response.
    Time is running out on the promotion. It would be nice if we could get a resolution by then.

I think it's highly unlikely we'll get a response before the discount ends. Meaning, it was a bit of a pointless discount. I was going to get it for my alt account that I've started to play on more and more - but unlikely now.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no word on this from ZoS??? Has anyone of us gotten a single reply on our tickets?? There's less than 48 hours left on this offer... I ain't buying crowns until it's fixed that's for sure.
  • ggiraudon
    ggiraudon
    Soul Shriven
    No response what so ever. Same here. This is ridiculous :(
  • Lethallin
    Lethallin
    ✭✭✭
    No response as well. Well looks like I'm going to have to pay full price in gold since I'm not going to get a response before the discount ends.
    Edited by Lethallin on April 18, 2020 11:31PM
    Master Outfitter
    Formerly on Xbox NA server, CP 1009 (Joined October 15, 2017)
    Avela Hlaalu: Dunmer Mag DK
    Mends-the-Stars: Argonian Warden Healer
    Arainai Sulah'Nehn: Breton Magplar
    Zevrana Fen'Ris: Orc Stamblade
    V'Laste: Altmer Magblade
    -Hot: Breton Mag DK
    Necromina: Breton Necromancer Healer
    -Cute: Orc Stamcro
    Eletania Valarian: Breton Templar Healer

Now on PC NA server, CP 380 (Joined December 26, 2019)
    Avela Hlaalu: Dunmer Magcro
    Mender of Stars: Khajiit Warden Healer
    -Fenris: Bosmer Stamden
    Mends-the-Guars: Argonian Nightblade Healer
    -Lavellan: Breton Templar Healer
    -Solas: Breton Magblade
    -Vakarian: Breton Magsorc
  • cc9928816
    cc9928816
    Soul Shriven
    yea they just want u spend more money
  • ggiraudon
    ggiraudon
    Soul Shriven
    But this has got to amount to false advertising somewhere, doesn't it?
    If you are lured in to buy crowns with a promise to get some sort of perk and then cannot claim said perk because of an undocumented problem in the game, you are getting cheated out of an advertised product.
  • B100d1ust88
    Same problem, guys. Sad to hear that there is no solution.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    Sent a ticket on Thursday I think. Got a reply they would forward it to the right person but no update. Probably not before the discount ends.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings! If you are experiencing an issue with gifting the Guilds and Glory pack to your friend, then we encourage you to reach out to our support team at help.elderscrollsonline.com so that they can look into this for you.

Please be aware that we are currently experiencing high contact volumes, due to the impact of COVID-19, and you may experience increased waiting times when contacting Customer Support.

@ZOS_Adrikoth - Wouldn't it just be easier to replace the Imperial City DLC with one that wasn't given away for free? it would REALLY solve issues such as these....
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem, guys. Sad to hear that there is no solution.

the solution is easy. ZOS just needs to make a change to either how bundles work (ie if you have a portion of a bundle you just get the rest, preferably at a discount) OR they just remove Imperial City ie the one they gave to EVERYONE FOR FREE from the bundle and replace it with another one. like Clockwork City. that would be a good option
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth This is not only specific for him, this is happening for everyone that try to gift the DLC pack to someone who happen to own one of the DLCs. This is an old issue that was supposed to be fixed in January :

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6530330/#Comment_6530330

ZOS is doing so well with their revenue they don't even need players spending their money gifting things to others.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • ggiraudon
    ggiraudon
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Adrikoth : Is there an update on this ? Will you guys honor the 50% discount once the issue is fixed ?
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    I got a reply from support; they told me the person gifting the DLC should file a ticket so they can add it to my account and apply the discount.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the necro, but.... has this been fixed yet?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Adrikoth - Wouldn't it just be easier to replace the Imperial City DLC with one that wasn't given away for free? it would REALLY solve issues such as these....

If Imperial City will be free for the foreseeable future, they can just take it out of the bundle completely and it would be a better situation than we have now.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 17, 2020 4:04AM
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    3 hours ago I bought it with gold from someone and they could gift it to me (while having IC). Very glad this is finally fixed!
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    I now see I was in this thread back in April when it was also discounted; that time support was helpful in the beginning but it eventually was a dead end.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArielSira wrote: »
    3 hours ago I bought it with gold from someone and they could gift it to me (while having IC). Very glad this is finally fixed!

Thank you for the update! I tried gifting it on the PTS to an alt account that had IC and found it worked there. It's great to know it can be gifted on live