The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get level 24 character out of Wailing prison?

Whitewold147
Whitewold147
Soul Shriven
My friend accidentally entered some door that he claims said "wailing prison" and is now stuck there. He has tried everything from logging out, using "I'm stuck" function, travel to player, etc. and nothing works.

He has submitted a ticket with no human response and i even submitted a ticket in his favor myself. I have replied to the bot email once a day but I'm yet to get a real response or have his situation fixed.

Are there any other options? Thanks in advance!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has he tried to port to a cyrodiil campaign or to IC?
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should probably try explaining the whole situation one more time and with a lot more details and providing some screenshots.

To start of there is no "door" to the Wailing Prison. It just does not exist. To help you we will need to understand what actually happened to your friend. Something like screenshots of the map, quest journal and any piece of information you find relevant will help.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta do the quest to get out. Plenty of guides on YouTube if he’s stuck.
  • Whitewold147
    Whitewold147
    Soul Shriven
    @Dojohoda - no I don't think we've tried that. We are pretty new to the game and have never even done a campaign. I'll try to get him to try that.

@Royaji - Sorry I don't have a lot of details as it happened to my friend and I probably care more than he does as I don't want him to quit, but don't really want to keep playing if he can't. I understand there is no "door" but I'm also sure there's no way for a level 24 character who completed the tutorial to go back to wailing prison either but somehow it happened. Everywhere I looked for answers has been deadends

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/434104/stuck-in-the-wailing-prison

@Sanctum74 - He has already completed the quest so there is nothing for him to do. It won't let him do anything in there.
  • Whitewold147
    Whitewold147
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP

Can someone please move my friend out of wailing prison? His ticket number is "200402-005489"
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Whitewold147

Thank you for providing the ticket number. Support has responded back and moved the character. Please let us know if you continue to have any issues.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Whitewold147

Thank you for providing the ticket number. Support has responded back and moved the character. Please let us know if you continue to have any issues.

Paroled! :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Whitewold147
    Whitewold147
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

thank you for the response and for moving him. It is greatly appreciated!