The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Webget request failed in 2020

Gorgoneus
Gorgoneus
✭✭✭
Are you $%^$% kidding me? Year 2020 and we still got this stupid Webget request failed (and 2 more errors appears randomly) trash in the launcher!? Just to be clear - spend me from your lies about mythical "tird party programs", antti viruses and all the other me again and again. I played doesent of MMO games with it's launchers and I never, I said NEVER got the problems like this, your launcher is only one with problem like this, but this isn't the only unique problem I never saw before. The next is your psychopatic fear of... idk what, because your launcher LITTERALLY start downloading a whole damn game from the beginning with purging all the 99% of the filed I'm already downloaded every time I press "repair" or "pause" and "resume" after restarting stucked launcher. But your damn client hase almost 100 gb weight.
I know - nobody going to fix it, kuz your mindless drones are OK with it and of course have "no problems like this" and they are ready to eat everything you give them, because this is the only TES universe MMO, and they are ready for anything (but this is not the reason of this post). Just want you to know, there is thinking people who know this launcher is trash with bugs was never fixed from the beginning of the game (technically I got this bug only 3,5-4 years ago after one of your updates).
I just wanted to buy last chapter and play this game again, but looks like you have anough money from your current player base and don't care about new players.
PS IDK about Steam client way to download, but they have the same errors.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings, if the troubleshooting in this article is unable to resolve the issue, then please open a support ticket with us at help.elderscrollsonline.com
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Gorgoneus
    Gorgoneus
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your "efficient" advises and ctr+V ctrl+C link instead of real help. Done all the steps as described in your useless "guide" just for fun, and now I get "blue screen of death" avery time launcher download or verifyed first pack of 53 gb files. Instead of usual Webget request failed, or failed to writh files.
    Also I tryed to download a full client with torrent, but your launcher "can't determinate version of the game" and can't repair, because after I press repire botton, I got "failed to determinate current version of the game" error.
    I can say you again: this is the only launcher with problem like this, I played lot of games with launchers, and only your make it impossible to download and install, and getting worse with time. Last time I just got error 404 or 102 on 99% of installing, which can be easy resolved just waiting 20-30 minutes, but now this is total stuck or even blue screen.
  • Gorgoneus
    Gorgoneus
    ✭✭✭
    Veryfing files, got a massive lags on 14 gb remaining, 9 gb and permanent lags after verification and start of downloading last 4 (now it's 12) mb on 19% total progress. Process used on 9%, memory 3,41 gb of 16 gb total, but system works like process and memory 99,9%
    Perhaps your launcher lagging itself just with a whole system and thats why it can't get files from the server.
    Opened ports and bla bla bla, got blue screen if I shuting off my anti-virus.
    Also maybe your launcher shouldn't veryfing and reinstalling a whole damn cliend after each pause and resume? All hte other launchers I used to play CAN save and remember their progress and resuming installation from the point you stopped or disabled it, but your launcher litterally deleting and redownloading all the failes again and again.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help you with your problem.
    But I know that allocating and freeing a hugh among of memory within short time period causes "System" to use a lot of CPU time and makes the whole computer very unresponsive but to dead.

What you describe could be a failing unzipping of corrupted data.
    Did you do a memory check? (I know, but maybe)
  • Gorgoneus
    Gorgoneus
    ✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »
    I can't help you with your problem.
    But I know that allocating and freeing a hugh among of memory within short time period causes "System" to use a lot of CPU time and makes the whole computer very unresponsive but to dead.

What you describe could be a failing unzipping of corrupted data.
    Did you do a memory check? (I know, but maybe)

Nope, my computer memory is fine, and yes - launcher can't unzip or download last files and stucking entire system. I miss ol'good error 102 or 404 upon 99% of installation, which can be foxed by AFk waiting 20-30 minutes.