The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

soft disconnects since update

Vandellia
Vandellia
✭✭✭
Game is constantly freezing up and what i call soft disconnect since the last update. Here is what has been happening.
1. running around doing craft dailys when blam can not interact with npcs or machines. there is no indicated latency , after a bit i do a /reloadui and it crashes me out to the log in screen, when attempt to log in i get a wait forever loading screen.. a quick check/look at my control panel shows launcher and game in memory but a very very small bit of activity the memory amount being used is zero and i have little to any cpu usage. to fix this requires a total shutdown of the game and launcher then restarting the launcher and game then i can return to game.
2. this scenerio happens rarely but often enough to make it annoying after porting out of a instance/dungeon/house i arrive at my location but all the npcs are not rendered. doing a /reloadui results in the can not connect to the server (just like issue1) and i have to follow the same routine as in situation 1 to get back into game.
Yea this is a bug since the update
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Vandellia

Which server are you currently playing on?

Do you get a specific error message when disconnected from ESO?

Here are some connection troubleshooting steps that can often help with disconnections.
    • Configure your router to open the following outbound ports:
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
      • TCP Port 80
      • TCP Port 433
    • Update the firmware of your router (it is always a good step to take, as it prevents that an outdated firmware interferes on your connection).
    • Try to put your modem/router far from all electrical devices and do not coil up any excess signal or power cables (to eliminate possible interference problems).
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    Its either a "can not connect to the server" or its a an error has occurred" checked/verified that the designated ports are open firmware on the router is the most current avail for that router. Thing is as i stated in case 1 is after some of the crashes after waiting a couple of minutes i attempt to log back in and end up in a forever load screen ending the game and launcher and restarting the game does not fix this issue I can have all eso aps processes terminated yet some times i can still hear the music from game playing . there is an eso background process that is not terminating and still running after the game has been closed down so basically the process is not terminating with game closure. manually terminating this process and restarting game allows me to get back into game