The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Give me 3 good Reasons to play ESO right now

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow just realized it's been 9 months since I played. When is that deleting of cold accounts supposed to occur? I'm going to have to redownload and login before that happens.

Cold storage is not deleting accounts but putting them on a kind of backup server - and just pull it out, if the player returns.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lixiviant wrote: »
    be honest, think about the current performance and all the previous promises from zos

You DO realize that you are posting the same threads we've had to read since the game came out, don't you?

Nah,the game was playable a Ross the board mostly up until before midyear mayhem. Sometime during that the performance fell through the floor. The mission objective of build diversity was thrown out the window with the vampire changes, punishing ranged characters, and new problems were created with no reason with the weaving paradigm shift.

While it is possible to adapt, why should people have to adapt and spend millions every six months ? It's frustrating. I used to play with 11 toons, then after elsweyr I dropped that to 3, and after ( if the vampire changes stay as is atm ) the Greymoor changes I will be forced to drop to one character because there will be 0 diversity in my toons. The whole reason I had 3 was to have my vampire mage, vampire rogue and vampire warrior. With these changes instead of all of them playing differently, all of them will generally PLAy the same, which is boring and flies in the face of the stated " play how you want/ build diversity" goal.

It is possible to love something and be critical of the direction, and loss of quality the game had taken.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Wow just realized it's been 9 months since I played. When is that deleting of cold accounts supposed to occur? I'm going to have to redownload and login before that happens.

Cold storage is not deleting accounts but putting them on a kind of backup server - and just pull it out, if the player returns.

and ... u believe it will works flawless :D? :lol:
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I guess they will be able to put something from one server onto another without to delete it in the process - so yes.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, I guess they will be able to put something from one server onto another without to delete it in the process - so yes.

Yeah I'm going to login just in case when they start doing that.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just like after elsweyr release... non elsweyr accounts could make necromancer :) or like pts tested changes.... work flawless on live :lol: but yes... lets stay positive :)
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just like after elsweyr release... non elsweyr accounts could make necromancer :) or like pts tested changes.... work flawless on live :lol: but yes... lets stay positive :)

There will be bugs like always -but I don't think they will loose account data - this is their income source and some players return after a long time, if the game is still there then - and ESO doesn't seem to go away anytime soon, despite the problems with cyro - most of the game works quite well. And if you believe it or not, the last 2 patches actually achieved some performance goals - at least for me it did.
    Edited by Lysette on April 1, 2020 1:02PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But back to my question, is the cold storage thing next dlc or later this year?
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Account Database “Cold Storage”: This work is scheduled to start after the Database Caching work and has been shifted out to Update 28 or Update 29 based on how the Database Caching goes.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There will be bugs like always -but I don't think they will loose account data - this is their income source and some players return after a long time, if the game is still there then - and ESO doesn't seem to go away anytime soon, despite the problems with cyro - most of the game works quite well. And if you believe it or not, the last 2 patches actually achieved some performance goals - at least for me it did.

Mist of the game does not work quite well. Trials are a mess, vet dungeons are partially unplayable, normal dungeons are slowly being infected, and forever loading screens in overland content coupled with abilities refusing to fire had reached overland as well. It's not nearly as bad as cyro, but this is exactly how it started there too..

The servers have reached their maximum capacity and calculation capacity. And the more changes , new sets, new dlc, new quests they introduce, the worse it's going to get. They need to replace the old server tech with new tech that can handle it, otherwise what we see in cyro, will be Overland's fate too eventually.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

Mist of the game does not work quite well. Trials are a mess, vet dungeons are partially unplayable, normal dungeons are slowly being infected, and forever loading screens in overland content coupled with abilities refusing to fire had reached overland as well. It's not nearly as bad as cyro, but this is exactly how it started there too..

The servers have reached their maximum capacity and calculation capacity. And the more changes , new sets, new dlc, new quests they introduce, the worse it's going to get. They need to replace the old server tech with new tech that can handle it, otherwise what we see in cyro, will be Overland's fate too eventually.

I don't consider Trials and vet content to be "most of the game" - it is tiny part of the game in certain locations. most of the game is to me overland content, where people quest and explore Tamriel and that works really well currently.

There are problems with the game - certainly - but I doubt that a lot of players really recognize those - beside longer loading screens when zoning in - but otherwise it runs really well for most doing just normal overland stuff - and that is most likely the majority of players.
    Edited by Lysette on April 1, 2020 1:15PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Friends, Fashionscrolls, writs...lots of writs.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't consider Trials and vet content to be "most of the game" - it is tiny part of the game in certain locations. most of the game is to me overland content, where people quest and explore Tamriel and that works really well currently.

There are problems with the game - certainly - but I doubt that a lot of players really recognize those - beside longer loading screens when zoning in - but otherwise it runs really well for most doing just normal overland stuff - and that is most likely the majority of players.

It must be nice to be so dismissive. Well, when the issues hit overland in full force, enjoy the " i told you so's". I already notice my abilities not firing in overland, my weaves not working, my streaks mis firing, and random hiccups in connection. This is exactly how it started in cyro.

But you do you. But dont expect sympathy from dungeon, trial, or pvp players when it hits.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    These threads kill me. Play it or don’t lol. The game will live with or without you. Every game this massive has problems, none of them run perfect. Just take a look on their forums or reddits to see all those players complain too.
  • Heimdarm
    Heimdarm
    ✭✭✭
    1. best mmorpg if you just want to play solo and freeroam in open world
    2. regular new contents for group plays, only wow updates can be compared to this, but it is tab targetng
    3. with all the bugs, and lags for many, but the best open world pvp area in cyrodiil and imperial city among other mmorpgs

and you can do these, everything except the hardest trials, in a *** of variety of builds. in 99% of the content you dont have to follow the meta, you can easily create the perfect combinaton of sets for your preferred playstyle let it be a difficult rotation with many many skills, or just spamming a few and get the same result.

once i had a healer, max mag, and two spell dmg sets so it could heal and do good dmg as well. i used an ice staff so i could be a weaker tank too. its far from optimal for a trial, but i could tank or heal or help in with damage even in very hard vet hm dungeons, which is not really hard, but it was very fun for me. the point is, you can have hundreds if not thousands of combination of sets to find the way you LIKE playing the game and just have fun
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    rhing become much shittier after patch, taking a break / not playing regulary despite all the free time
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People who support this game in its current state aren't ACTUALLY playing the game.
    They are not in Cyro PvPing. They are not in vTrials pushing leader boards. They are not doing vDungeons, particularly DLC ones.

So, anyone not doing those things is "not actually playing the game"? You don't think that's a bit of an overstatement in your behalf?

Having said that, I had considerable problems healing in a vet trial, with abilities not firing and being frozen in place for several seconds at at time, and that was not fun at all. Still, we made it through after a wipe, and we were not aiming for any leaderboards, so it was still a fun overall experience. I also had a good group wiping several times in vICP because nobody in the group could get their presses of the X key to register. With the particular mechanic in there, that bug means certain death. First we gave up on hard mode, then we just gave up on the fight altogether when nobody survived even the first fall.

Yes, the game has problems, and of course I would like to see them solved. However, the game is nowhere near unplayable for me, and I'm doing quite a lot more than picking flowers. (Although, full disclosure, yes, I do that, too.)

Quote me, quote it all.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.Masochism
    2.Submissive
    3.Humiliation
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    People who support this game in its current state aren't ACTUALLY playing the game. They are standing around tallking to other folks or picking flowers or role playing or doing dolmens or something. THEY ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME ON ANY KIND OF HIGH LEVEL. That much must be made clear.

They are not in Cyro PvPing. They are not in vTrials pushing leader boards. They are not doing vDungeons, particularly DLC ones. ZOS can possibly make some money off of people NOT playing their game, but for every new person that buys this game, ZOS runs the risk of alienating: as soon as a new player actually gets good at the game, reaches endgame and plays it at a high level, ALL OF THE BUGS hit them in the face.

ZOS mentioned in their announcements concerning testing the changes to light and heavy attacks that the climb was steep and most didnt enjoy the climb. How much is any new player going to enjoy "the climb" when once they reach the mountain top the game stops working lol.

Well I am going to call you on that bulls***t.

I spent all my time yesterday in a number of vet HM DLC dungeons. They all worked perfectly well. No disconnects, no desyncs nothing like that at all. I played with players from around Europe and Africa.

Today I’ll be back in them and vet trials. Looking forward to it.

Maybe you can’t do this content, which is sad for you, but it’s out there working. You don’t want to play,? Jump off man.

I’m a Grade 2 Grand Overlord and l PvP EVERYDAY. PCNA and I’m in America. I got fiber optic internet. I play on a gaming rig WELL over spec for this game.

Say what you want to say. White Knight all you want to: THIS GAME IS BROKEN....ZOS admits that. Why can’t you? Lol.

Possibly because it isn’t?

It was genuinely non-functional for a while on Monday when the PC EU server crashed and had to be ‘maintained’. But yesterday it was working perfectly in vet DLC dungeon content for the entire evening.

I don’t know about PC NA, it seemed OK when I popped over when PC EU was down...

You might want to redefine your notion of ‘broken’.

ZOS said it themselves when "declining " to fix certain bugs in the past: They don't affect the majority of the player base because the majority of the player base isn't playing the game on a high enough level to notice. PvE or PvP. The better you get at the game the worse it plays. Period.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on April 2, 2020 2:03AM
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. While it has plenty of faults it is still best MMO available for now.
    2. It's buy to play. If you already have it and can resist ESO+, crown store, predator crates and preodering bingo it's free.
    3. Casual experience is fine.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It must be nice to be so dismissive. Well, when the issues hit overland in full force, enjoy the " i told you so's". I already notice my abilities not firing in overland, my weaves not working, my streaks mis firing, and random hiccups in connection. This is exactly how it started in cyro.

But you do you. But dont expect sympathy from dungeon, trial, or pvp players when it hits.

I will complain loudly when it will happen - like I did with the stutter issues - which are now fixed. I can just tell how the game feels for me and I do not need sympathy from anyone - I'm a customer and when the product is not to my liking and will not be fixed, I just leave - i don't hang around waiting for something which might never happen.

I have a higher ping though and have to take that into consideration that not all what feels weird is on ZOS's side.

Have you tried lowering your key press frequency slightly?- i had some success doing it more slowly.
    Edited by Lysette on April 1, 2020 2:36PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We've removed several inappropriate and baiting comments. This is a friendly reminder that comments need to adhere to our Community Rules. Please note that derailing a thread with offtopic or baiting comments will result in the thread being closed.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's better than listening to stuff about coronavirus
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who support this game in its current state aren't ACTUALLY playing the game. They are standing around tallking to other folks or picking flowers or role playing or doing dolmens or something. THEY ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME ON ANY KIND OF HIGH LEVEL. That much must be made clear.

They are not in Cyro PvPing. They are not in vTrials pushing leader boards. They are not doing vDungeons, particularly DLC ones. ZOS can possibly make some money off of people NOT playing their game, but for every new person that buys this game, ZOS runs the risk of alienating: as soon as a new player actually gets good at the game, reaches endgame and plays it at a high level, ALL OF THE BUGS hit them in the face.

ZOS mentioned in their announcements concerning testing the changes to light and heavy attacks that the climb was steep and most didnt enjoy the climb. How much is any new player going to enjoy "the climb" when once they reach the mountain top the game stops working lol.

Well I am going to call you on that bulls***t.

I spent all my time yesterday in a number of vet HM DLC dungeons. They all worked perfectly well. No disconnects, no desyncs nothing like that at all. I played with players from around Europe and Africa.

Today I’ll be back in them and vet trials. Looking forward to it.

Maybe you can’t do this content, which is sad for you, but it’s out there working. You don’t want to play,? Jump off man.

I’m a Grade 2 Grand Overlord and l PvP EVERYDAY. PCNA and I’m in America. I got fiber optic internet. I play on a gaming rig WELL over spec for this game.

Say what you want to say. White Knight all you want to: THIS GAME IS BROKEN....ZOS admits that. Why can’t you? Lol.

Possibly because it isn’t?

It was genuinely non-functional for a while on Monday when the PC EU server crashed and had to be ‘maintained’. But yesterday it was working perfectly in vet DLC dungeon content for the entire evening.

I don’t know about PC NA, it seemed OK when I popped over when PC EU was down...

You might want to redefine your notion of ‘broken’.

ZOS said it themselves when "declining " to fix certain bugs in the past: They don't affect the majority of the play base because the majority of the play base isn't playing the game on a high enough level to notice. PvE or PvP. The better you get at the game the worse it plays. Period.

Yes, that is certainly how it is - I think as well that most are quite content with being just mediocre at the game and enjoy playing it like this. Overland content isn't difficult and can well be played with mediocre skills. A lot do not play the way you play it as well - some are playing the markets instead of the game and have fun doing that, some like even fishing and catching all the rare fish in the game and so. There is more than just combat in this game - a lot more. I even saw quite a few just walking around looking for nice motives for photography. ESO is a work of art - I don't take pictures, but I enjoy walking around (as in neither riding nor running) and just take in the scenery.

Lately I roamed around in older regions and recognized how much the art work of the game has improved in new zones compared to some of the older ones. These are things to appreciate as well, not just combat and competitive gameplay - ESO so much more than this.
    Edited by Lysette on April 1, 2020 2:58PM
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) it’s elder scrolls

If this game didn’t have the elder scrolls IP it would be sitting in the failed MMO dumpster beside Wildstar.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    be honest, think about the current performance and all the previous promises from zos

TBH, if your not having fun, don't play. That's kind of the point of a game is to have fun, and if its not fun, then its time to move on to something that is.

That said, me and my group have found tons of things to do that we still enjoy - completing storyline quests, grinding for motifs, working on master angler achievement, etc. All not as exciting as sieging castles in Cyrodil or running trials, but we do that to whenever we are able to do so without issues.

This game still offers a ton to do that is fun and relaxing, but if none of that appeals to you, there's nothing wrong with putting the game down and taking a break.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it is fun and a ton of stuff to do.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Account Database “Cold Storage”: This work is scheduled to start after the Database Caching work and has been shifted out to Update 28 or Update 29 based on how the Database Caching goes.

Thank you
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1.The server is up.

2.The server is up.

3.The server is up.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reason #4:
    4. So that I can have your event tickets to get the Indrik or some other bling!
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know