The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Constantly being kicked out of the game - Error 318 Message - Xbox One

JMCNaden
JMCNaden
Soul Shriven
An Error 318 Message is making the game completely unplayable on Xbox One.
The message is as follows:

Error 318
You have been dropped from the sever because you hit the message rate limit. Please avoid excessive messaging (i.e. spamming).

I would understand if I was using any of the communication services in the game like voice chat, group chat, text chat etc but I haven't used them at all and this issue only ever occurs when I'm engaged in any form of combat. I first noticed it during dungeons as that's what I do most of the time I'm online now and it happens every time I try to do one, because doing dungeons became an impossibility, I tried solo questing and that was impossible as well. This issue is completely combat related and any kind of combat for more than a couple of mins seems to kick me out of the game.
This has been occurring since last week's patch and I had hoped that it would have been an issue that was detected and fixed in yesterday's patch but that seems to have been a very vain hope.

What do I do ZOS? I'm paying for a service I'm unable to use. Completely unacceptable. I've submitted a bug report in game today as well after I was yet again kicked out of the game due to the same issue of trying to do a dungeon and being removed from game after a min or two of combat.

If it helps, my character details are below:
Name - Kyo Rei - Level 110 Champion
Server - North American Megaserver
Platform - Xbox One

I hope this can get fixed because I'd hate to be forced to leave playing a game that I really enjoy because it's physically unplayable.
  • theboz1419_ESO
    I'm constantly getting this fault, and its pisses me off when it comes at when I try to finish a quest and I loose out on items I may have had if I weren't booted from the game .

I not messaging anybody, I'm soloing.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @JMCNaden

On consoles the error 318 can happen because of latency issues or using non-standard controllers. You can find troubleshooting for this error in our help article below.

What should I do if I receive "Error 318" on console?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • puzling
    puzling
    Soul Shriven
    Any response on this topic? I recently paid for XBOX ver and my new character has been stuck off map for 6 days. Keep getting this error 318 on one character. I've tried the suggestions... all of them. In-game, get me unstuck doesn't work because I get the error 20 seconds after entering game. Cannot teleport to waypoint on map - 20 seconds not long enough. I even tried dumping my XBOX saved game files. Doesn't make a difference.

New characters work fine, so I know it's not networking issue. Wondering what the normal waiting time is for issues with Zenimax. Does it normally take a week for someone to get back to you? Is there another way to fix this issue?

Thanks
    -D