The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Zos are you ever going to bring back group queuing?

NaomiHutt
NaomiHutt
✭✭✭✭
Is there any news on if Zos are ever going to bring back group queuing for battlegrounds?

Even duo queuing would be something, I mean it's a online team based game and it sucks that I'm unable to play battlegrounds with my partner.

If I wanted to play a solo game I wouldn't of bought ESO.

I would of just modded Skyrim.

Some feedback would be nice. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There should be make your own tournament and people can join with premade teams where people can participate and fight.

Or a Que for premades.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd wager they will add a separate duo queue; they are just running the test to see how it goes. You won't see the separate queue added until Greymoor at the earliest as they don't usually add stuff like that in minor patches.

This is mostly just a test of how it impacts performance, load times, queue times, etc with the solo queue only option and how it spreads out the games MMR rankings to provide a better more evenly matched experience. Because as someone said earlier it's really not fun qoing into a 4 v 4 v 4 where one team is a full 4 man premade and the other two are all randoms.
    Options
  • NaomiHutt
    NaomiHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd wager they will add a separate duo queue; they are just running the test to see how it goes. You won't see the separate queue added until Greymoor at the earliest as they don't usually add stuff like that in minor patches.

This is mostly just a test of how it impacts performance, load times, queue times, etc with the solo queue only option and how it spreads out the games MMR rankings to provide a better more evenly matched experience. Because as someone said earlier it's really not fun qoing into a 4 v 4 v 4 where one team is a full 4 man premade and the other two are all randoms.

Thank you for the feedback, I hope so.
    Options
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NaomiHutt wrote: »
    Is there any news on if Zos are ever going to bring back group queuing for battlegrounds?

Even duo queuing would be something, I mean it's a online team based game and it sucks that I'm unable to play battlegrounds with my partner.

I doubt they will change it anytime soon tbh....

Most of us did ask that they have a separate que for premades but it didn’t happen, big surprise. Honestly it sucks not to be able to play bgs with my bf.

Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given the change was made in Update 25, it’s unlikely to be changed until the launch of Greymoor and Update 26 at the earliest. More realistically, they will really only begin to analyse the impact of the change at the end of the Update 25 cycle prior to determining and implementing any changes as part of the Update 27 development.

ZOS have said that it’s an experiment and as such it needs a while to settle down and see what happens. 3 months (or one update cycle) seems like the bare minimum of time they would want it to run to begin to answer the key questions. Do player numbers increase or decrease? Does balancing get better over time as more players/characters actually get valid ranks? Do matches last longer? Are they more satisfying? How are players and their strategies adapting? Does it address the massive skills gap between the few, really good players and the vast majority of average/bad PvP players? Does it produce more engaging, varied gameplay?

All of these are questions that will be better answered by having a longer ‘experiment’ time and little or no ongoing discussion. The longer time allows for greater sample size and trend analysis, while the lack of discussion prevents unduly influencing players and any unintentional distortion of the results.

Options
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who doesn’t PvP religiously, I greatly enjoy being able to go into a battlegrounds knowing that I have a fighting chance of winning. Pre-mades just discouraged many of the more casual players from even attempting to do battlegrounds since it was almost always that one team stomping on everyone. Now all the hardcore PvPers have left battlegrounds because they can’t guarantee an obliteration of the other teams and the overall environment has greatly improved in my opinion. It is actually fun to do battlegrounds.
    Options
  • perolord
    perolord
    ✭✭✭
    Well if only they will do this... premade vs premade... not premade vs randoms... and you get "#%"&&#" up...

Options
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    ​Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around baiting. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perolord wrote: »
    Well if only they will do this... premade vs premade... not premade vs randoms... and you get "#%"&&#" up...

Not needed. The best solution is to add a ranked queue for more competitive PvP. For ranked one can queue solo or as a group. This way people can have it both ways.

Edit: Zos is not likely to answer in this thread what they plan to do. We will not know until they are ready to tell us.
    Edited by idk on March 31, 2020 5:51PM
    Options
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo and Duo que
    Premade que

All happy come on ZOS give us this, basis simple stuff.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
    Options
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly hope not
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
    Options
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so. Lost a bunch of friends to this change, and with Cyrodil in the state it is in, I'm close to gone as well.

I'd be fine with just a duo queue frankly. I play MMOs to play *with my friends.*
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh duo q bgs were even funnier than full premade bgs. No matter against randoms or premade you were placed - it was challenging when you could rely only on 1 ally in your team.
    Options
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭

Right?!?! If you want to test things do it on the "TEST Server"?!?!?! My friends and I literally bought this game 2 weeks before they removed "group queueing", they have all QUIT NOW!!!! THANKS ZOS!!! sigh..
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ​Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around baiting. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.

There's your answer. :D
    Options
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    you may like group queueing. you know what i like? i like not spending 2-3 hrs for the daily bonus and moving on with my day after only one or two tries. I'm guessing im in the majority on this.
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
    Options
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    ​Greetings,

There's your answer. :D Now be a good lad and open the gates.

Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solo que is fine as it is
    Options
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go PvP. It's more rewarding
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right?!?! If you want to test things do it on the "TEST Server"?!?!?! My friends and I literally bought this game 2 weeks before they removed "group queueing", they have all QUIT NOW!!!! THANKS ZOS!!! sigh..

Yeah, it'd be cool if the majority of PC players ever really used it for more than dummy humping and if console players weren't excluded completely. Instead we have people who say things like "Players aren't paid to test your game for you, Zo$," other players who go into tests already determined to feel certain ways (i.e., negatively) about the changes, and nothing meaningful ever really comes of it at all.

So it goes. And here we are.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to agree with the op... I get the downside premades VS randoms, but a social online team game that you can't play with your friends is... problematic.
    Options
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with having separate queues for premade and single players is that at least one if those groups might be queuing for a long time.

Having everyone queue separately does produce some amusing side effects; I did a deathmatch where everyone piled in the same spot, but hardly anyone was able to kill anyone as we were all completely useless. The timer went full count, with the highest team score being something like 280.
    Options