Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please don't make female vampire lords look like buff males

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I saw some previews on YouTube and it scares me. I don't want my female vampire lord to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, I don't mind the buff part as even the female version of the vampire lord had muscles, but its so obvious they are not even trying to make different versions. Like here is a picture from DawnWhisper's video and the character she had was a female high elf.

Screenshot_33.png
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, you're a vampire lord: being fugly is more or less implied, no?

The whole Skyrim vampire lord paradigm if far more Young Adult Literature than traditionally Gothic. And it's definitely not in the stylish and urbane mould of Anne Rice (as much as we might wish that it were).
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t that just be a Vampire Lady?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The whole Skyrim vampire lord paradigm if far more Young Adult Literature than traditionally Gothic. And it's definitely not in the stylish and urbane mould of Anne Rice (as much as we might wish that it were).

Well yes. We're not complaining about being ugly here.... We're complaining about the fact we're not ugly women lol. Like... this ultimate as shown on all the videos is turning women into ugly guys instead of ugly girls. :tongue:
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Argonians and Khajiit should have their own models as well
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw some previews on YouTube and it scares me. I don't want my female vampire lord to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger!

I'd also prefer the vampire lord look like an actual vampire lord or something similar, not a smurf trying to cosplay a vampire lord with cardboard wings.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Snip]

I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line they release new skins for this to make it different.

Though the idea of releasing new skins for some of the morphs are okay in my book. At least make the base morph be different for gender and race.

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 31, 2020 3:57PM
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200w.gif
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Argonians and Khajiit should have their own models as well

This! The necro ult has different heads and tails for Argonians and Khajiit, so it wouldn't make sense not to do that with vampires.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but then they will also have to make female version of WWs too...
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They haven't learned anything from Werewolves since beta. No surprise Zo$ can't avoid the same mistakes they've been making all these years.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZoS has a track record of doing this with armor , morphs such as colossus, and now this. This doesnt surprise me at all. Its INCREDIBLY sexist IMO.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not about being fugly... Skyrim vampire lords looked very similar, but there were both male and female models.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

I'd also prefer the vampire lord look like an actual vampire lord or something similar, not a smurf trying to cosplay a vampire lord with cardboard wings.

No, it's perfect the way it is, besides not having a female model of course. These are blood scions, not vamp lords.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on April 1, 2020 12:55AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VAMPIRE LADY!!!
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, it's perfect the way it is, besides not having a female model of course. These are blood scions, not vamp lords.

Imagine genuinely thinking the form is perfect the way it is. Do you have literally no sense of quality?

Yes, I too like big shadow-y wings that do not fit ANYWHERE in vampire lore for ES. I too love not being able to see ANY detail on the character model because of how dark it is. I too like it radiating the same blue energy the Necro ult does, whilst also copying the necro ult in functionality.

I understand you're salty about literally not a single person agreeing with you about your screeching in regards to the vampire feeding changes, but come on, you have to have a sense of quality.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they already considered this and are implementing it. I mean it was an early peek at it so plenty of time for them to work on it still.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We've removed several inappropriate and baiting comments. We would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive. Please see Community Rules here and thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imagine genuinely thinking the form is perfect the way it is. Do you have literally no sense of quality?

Yes, I too like big shadow-y wings that do not fit ANYWHERE in vampire lore for ES. I too love not being able to see ANY detail on the character model because of how dark it is. I too like it radiating the same blue energy the Necro ult does, whilst also copying the necro ult in functionality.

I understand you're salty about literally not a single person agreeing with you about your screeching in regards to the vampire feeding changes, but come on, you have to have a sense of quality.

Lol. I'm happy that these are not vamp lords like everyone thought after the trailer. That's why it's perfect the way it is. At least zos maintained some semblance of lore by not allowing thousands of Volkihar vamp lords running around.

And if you haven't realized by now, zos will continue to simply reskin things as long as people pay for it. Milking the cow and all that. But I understand your salty about not getting your lore breaking vamp lord 😉
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a woman, identifying as a lady, I am also uncomfortable tranforming into a manpire. :worried:
  • High_Marshal
    High_Marshal
    ✭✭✭
    It does put the trans in transformation.
    It would only be fair to make the male characters turn into buff female vampire lords.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should "Bone Goliath Transformation" also have a model with Child baring hips? How come Werewolf females don't have 6 ***.

Also the Thicket Man Spectre polymorph is too... male.

Maybe we could just be content that it is an ultimate that we are pulling from the Daedric oblivion realms and not our character that we had inputs in when we created them?
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should "Bone Goliath Transformation" also have a model with Child baring hips? How come Werewolf females don't have 6 ***.

Also the Thicket Man Spectre polymorph is too... male.

Maybe we could just be content that it is an ultimate that we are pulling from the Daedric oblivion realms and not our character that we had inputs in when we created them?

Bone Goliath's have no skin or soft tissue, so it's not as much of an issue, bit yes, polymorphs that are not skeletons should have female bodies.

As for daedra, they have both make and female forms. See xivkyn polymorphs.
    Edited by TheFM on April 2, 2020 12:53PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampire Lords are obviously Monomorphic, silly, :smile:
    Playing since beta...
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

Ehm, see skyrim.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    kojou wrote: »

Ehm, see skyrim.

That was a mutation of the species that happened later.
    Playing since beta...
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current ult looks too buff regardless of gender. Hope they improve it and make it look more like Skyrim. Vampires or magic based and not stamina based afterall. The Vampire Lord in Skyrim is tall, but pretty slender and agile.
    340?cb=20120703113649
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

ZoS has a track record of doing this with armor , morphs such as colossus, and now this. This doesnt surprise me at all. Its INCREDIBLY sexist IMO.

Let's not be hyperbolic.

It is lazy.
    It is silly.
    It is frustrating.

ZOS is not intentionally disparaging women with this.

OT: I for one would love a female wolf and vampire lord model, but I have a sneaking suspicion the reasoning will be "it's a genderless monster"
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t that just be a Vampire Lady?

A Vampire Dame... =P
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not really. WW are essentially a side point of the game. They weren't and aren't major points. An oversight 5-6 years ago when they were trying to finish the game for launch doesn't mean they should skip out again.

Vamps, and this entire rework are essentially directly tied to this entire chapter so a Female model would be nice touch.

Now I guess you could argue it's genderless. We don't know. Someone take a peek
    Edited by karekiz on April 2, 2020 3:49PM