Please help the servers

Baybaeckz
Baybaeckz
✭✭✭
Due to the fact a lot of players are home bound now, servers are terribly overloaded :(((
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Baybaeckz

Could you go into more detail about the server issues you're experiencing?

Helpful details would be any error messages along with which server you're character is on.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    Characters are not rendering. MY screen froze and I dashboarded 3 times in 20 minutes today. 2 times near daggerfall jester, once near ebonheart jester. All 3 times I was galloping and pressed right trigger to dismount.

Way too painful, there are too many game options for me to endure this.

Xbox 1X NA Lts just Tab
  • Baybaeckz
    Baybaeckz
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot move more than twenty fee5 in game and the game is dropping . Try to reload and “account is already signed in“. Then go out of game completely and same thing has happened over ten times straight. On NA server
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Taunts visually casting but not actually pulling aggro, Block visually working but incoming damage counting as unblocked, dodge failing to cast or damage hitting mid dodge-roll, damage abilities failing to cast (worse with ground targeted AoE’s, and Scalding Rune seems worst of all), Blastbones locking up and taking 4-6s to explode, Mystic Siphon rapidly flashing between castable and greyed-out despite aiming at a corpse, enemies spinning in circles instead of walking toward you, enemy attacks desync (in timing, position, or both), extreme lag spikes despite solid internet connection. This is all within the last 2 days on PC NA, mostly in Sunspire.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 26, 2020 8:01PM
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Taunts visually casting but not actually pulling aggro, Block visually working but incoming damage counting as unblocked, dodge failing to cast or damage hitting mid dodge-roll, damage abilities failing to cast (worse with ground targeted AoE’s, and Scalding Rune seems worst of all), Blastbones locking up and taking 4-6s to explode, Mystic Siphon rapidly flashing between castable and greyed-out despite aiming at a corpse, enemies spinning in circles instead of walking toward you, enemy attacks desync (in timing, position, or both), extreme lag spikes despite solid internet connection. This is all within the last 2 days on PC NA, mostly in Sunspire.

Sounds like a l2p issue.

😁
  • HerrPulaRau
    HerrPulaRau
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like a l2p issue.

😁

How is this a l2p? Is clear lag, hundreds of ppl are complaining about it.
  • Baybaeckz
    Baybaeckz
    ✭✭✭
    NA server, can’t interact with NPCs, then complete drop, please evaluate
  • Baybaeckz
    Baybaeckz
    ✭✭✭
    Numerous times server drop
  • Baybaeckz
    Baybaeckz
    ✭✭✭
    nhenbdlvs673.png
    This is what i see repeatingly
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE All of the above is true for me. There is a thread from Rumanian players and Russians with exactly my problems and they play on the EU server on the other side of the world. I am inclined to agree with the OP that it maybe server overload (in both cases).
    Connection/internet data collected
    I use a vpn from Australia to play on US PC server. It randomly shows massive packet loss and huge deviations in RTT (aka ping in ms) on all my regular paths to US central and then the game. I am getting a screen full of packet loss and standard deviation warnings as I play. This is new for me...

It shows spikes 700ms and above on the graph trace. It stabilised for a bit at about 550 ms ping and then rocketed to 700 and sat there. But the packet loss happens randomly. I switched the VPN off for a few hours today in case it was borked in some way and started playing without it. Got even higher ping (around 650ms) and even less stable connection. Spikes to 999 plus were shown on the ingame tracker. So I did a trace with and without VPN.

Some of the cause is delay getting out of Australia due to our congested internet but the spikes have traceroute showing at nodes near zos or last hop: packet loss, time out or huge (like tripling) of hop times. On the VPN, all of the US nodes available to me were showing packet loss and 550 round trip times. Or much worse.

It's like the akamai nightmare we SEA/ Oceanics went through for a year until someone finally listened and fixed it (thanks again for that) but with even worse spikes and drop outs.

In game experience
    Frequent crashes loading in to Sunspire and AS all day. Then the usual error code. Guildies crashing out regularly even when questing. It's very random and seem to affect every area...hence the assumption it's server overload or ZoS' ISP is on the frazzle.

3 days ago I was getting 360ms spikes and it was stable at 260ms between random spikes. But it's been degrading steadily since the lock down.

TL:DR
    Below are the symptoms we suffer from. PLUS repeated crashes when to log back in we have to shut game and restart.

Edited by aetherial_heavenn on March 27, 2020 12:46PM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a l2p issue.

😁

It's not funny when you cant keep aggro off your squishy buddies or things dont render in time and you melt out of nowhere
  • Talelorm
    Talelorm
    Soul Shriven
    Baybaeckz wrote: »
    nhenbdlvs673.png
    This is what i see repeatingly

yep, im getting this same thing repeatedly
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for posting the various issues you've been encountering on the servers lately. From what has been described many of these appear to be latency related issues. If you've gone through connection troubleshooting here and these issues continue, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post