The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WebGetRequest failed - at least 2x every time there's a new patch

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
The game does get updated when I give the launcher time to sort this out, but I get at least two WebGetRequest failed messages during updates.
What would take probably few secs to update now takes 3-5mins.

My game was installed from scratch so no leftovers, no anything that could impact this.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also get "Could not load the news" in the launcher fairly often... though that's minor.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game updates come from a cloud CDN (last I knew), so it is likely that something is blocking reliable access to that.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly, yeah. Still if that's the case it's not really reliable? Either that or their current implementation is beta phase quality.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Possibly, yeah. Still if that's the case it's not really reliable? Either that or their current implementation is beta phase quality.

It is as reliable as any CDN can be, if something in the internet is blocking you. I have not checked recently, but they used to use Akamai for their CDN. Now, around here, the word "Akamai" produces scorn, mainly due to the DDOS mitigation service, but Akamai has one of the largest global CDNs out there.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our development team is working to resolve an issue where the news section may not be loading for some players on the ESO Launcher. This issue may be related to the errors you're getting when running updates.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Our development team is working to resolve an issue where the news section may not be loading for some players on the ESO Launcher. This issue may be related to the errors you're getting when running updates.

Let's hope that's true. This time, the patch stuck at 75% with this message. I noticed the same number last week too. Though last week it was 2x, at 50% and 75%, this week was only once. But still it didn't update the game without any issues.
    Edited by maboleth on March 30, 2020 1:01PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

Let's hope that's true. This time, the patch stuck at 75% with this message. I noticed the same number last week too. Though last week it was 2x, at 50% and 75%, this week was only once. But still it didn't update the game without any issues.

I was not paying a lot of attention, but I do think that there was a Launcher/patcher update this time. If so, the issue that @ZOS_BillE mentioned above might have been fixed by that.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there was a launcher patch few days ago and while it removed 1x of those 'failed' messages, still didn't update flawlessly.

News fetch seem working though.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could not load news.

Here we go again. Nothing is working as promised/advertised...