Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Unable to login on Xbox One

Faythsrequiem
Faythsrequiem
✭✭
For the past couple of days, every time I try to login to ESO on Xbox I end up getting stuck in a loading screen for at least 15-20 minutes after selecting server (doesn't matter if it's EU or NA server) and then get the message "Error 308: Lost connection due to inactivity" and DC'd. I have checked my consoles connection, have checked for updates for both ESO and my Xbox; everything's good and up to date. I've restarted my console, responded to another ticket in forums/bug report that was have similar issues trying to login on Xbox, and have submitted a support ticket, but no answers/fix yet :'(
"Anything worth having is worth working for. Anything worth working for is worth sacrificing for. Anything worth sacrificing for is worth dying for."
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not too serious I guess, at least for Zenimax I mean, my main (or the server I started on) Xbox EU account has now been completely stuck for a year and 6 days, it doesn't seem to be even a slightest problem. Later on you will be given the basic troubleshoot list and an advice to create a support ticket, those you have tried already so after that becomes the silence. If your game won't simply suddenly start working again in few weeks, then you're quite much on your own sadly.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Faythsrequiem

Could you provide us with your ticket number?

We can check on the ticket's current status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    # 200318-000123 Got response, followed steps given, still getting Error 308 and unable to login. Have reported this back in ticket
    "Anything worth having is worth working for. Anything worth working for is worth sacrificing for. Anything worth sacrificing for is worth dying for."
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    It's not too serious I guess, at least for Zenimax I mean, my main (or the server I started on) Xbox EU account has now been completely stuck for a year and 6 days, it doesn't seem to be even a slightest problem. Later on you will be given the basic troubleshoot list and an advice to create a support ticket, those you have tried already so after that becomes the silence. If your game won't simply suddenly start working again in few weeks, then you're quite much on your own sadly.

Yeah, I used to play the PC version but got tired of every time there was an update or maintenance I was unable to login/play and the back and forth with support that often amounted to "turn it on, turn it off". I've had better luck with the Xbox version of the game not breaking with every update; really hoping that luck hasn't ended. I really do love this game, and understand that support has rules/guides they have to follow when handling this stuff, but when you hafta go through it every couple of weeks or so and know that it's not going to help it gets pretty frustrating :/
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening for me, as well. XBOX NA & EU.

After clicking A on splash page, it takes me to server select - but get infinite load screen, and never reach character select due to infinite load screen, ending in an Inactivity error.

Switching the server toggle; exiting game; and re-starting the console has no effect.

Please advise.

S.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Faythsrequiem

In your ticket please avoid responding multiple times without a response back. Doing so can reset the tickets queue position leading to longer delays in getting a support response.
    Staff Post
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    This is happening for me, as well. XBOX NA & EU.

After clicking A on splash page, it takes me to server select - but get infinite load screen, and never reach character select due to infinite load screen, ending in an Inactivity error.

Switching the server toggle; exiting game; and re-starting the console has no effect.

Please advise.

S.

I ended up completely uninstalling ESO and deleting all save data from my Xbox, did a hard power down/reboot of my console and then reinstalled ESO. Eventually was able to login again on both EU ( I only play EU) and NA. However, I did discover that I no longer had access to anything ESO plus related or bought expansion/dlc. Just the base game :| The good news: I can login again. The bad news: I can't access anything I've paid for other than the base game. Though, apparently, I'm not the only person on Xbox with that prob ATM
  • Dawgound01
    Same thing happening here on my XBOX one X so I went into manage game & add ons and went to Saved Data and saw in Internal a file with my gamertag on it and around 165 kb. I deleted it from console did a reboot and was able to log back in quick on both servers. Bad news it reappears every day.

I need to know how to keep it from saving!
    Marcus Vindictus: Don't you know your right flank from your left flank?
    Captain Mucus: I'm sorry sir, I flunked flank.
    Marcus Vindictus: You flunked flank? Get the flunk out of here.
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    Dawgound01 wrote: »
    Same thing happening here on my XBOX one X so I went into manage game & add ons and went to Saved Data and saw in Internal a file with my gamertag on it and around 165 kb. I deleted it from console did a reboot and was able to log back in quick on both servers. Bad news it reappears every day.

I need to know how to keep it from saving!

Ugh :/ Sorry to hear that
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah - it’s the same here, still. IF I get in - I can play all day with no problems, but if I get DC’d or hit an infinite load-screen, I can’t log back in after. Sometimes switching the toggle between NA/EU seems to work, but so far there is no pattern.

I was already playing today - but now I am at my 3rd console restart, and have waited for infinite load screens until it times-me-out for inactivity almost 10 times so far.

S.

EDIT: I also notice that the first time you select the server, you will get the normal picture as a background for the load screen... but after hitting the time out limit on both servers, the screen is just black afterwards - no graphic - so it’s like it remembers you have already tried to log in.
    Edited by ShawnLaRock on March 25, 2020 9:56PM
  • Dawgound01
    Was able to log in tonight without having to goo addons and delete that file. Let me log in pretty quick and tried both servers with no problem. Dont know if they fixed something with that maintence or caught a lucky break, Will see if can get back on tomorrow. Anyone else having better luck now?
    Marcus Vindictus: Don't you know your right flank from your left flank?
    Captain Mucus: I'm sorry sir, I flunked flank.
    Marcus Vindictus: You flunked flank? Get the flunk out of here.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no pattern. I have resorted to using a stopwatch to see how long it takes before the game times out for each type of login screen - but there is still no pattern - and the wait is between 5.5 and 10 minutes. Each. Time.

I have been trying to log in to do the event dailies for 45+ minutes including several console restarts.

This is unreal.

S.
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    cant log in 3rd day for me and no reply to my ticket either xbox eu
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    I just got kicked from game now i cant log into eso/warframe, could be an xbox thing.
  • mwzard
    mwzard
    drakthir wrote: »
    I just got kicked from game now i cant log into eso/warframe, could be an xbox thing.

^^^ Same
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dealing with this the last several weeks. I cannot login now. 308 error. Every couple days I can clear the saved file and get in. Today not working at all. Frustrated....
    [edit] I was only able to login morning hours. After 1:30pm - 2pm forget it. :(
    Edited by Cronopoly on April 12, 2020 8:00PM
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems we are at capacity at 2pm - 3pm EST daily with everyone at home. Error 308 daily the last week or so. Steam PC numbers show 47k players online etc.

This sux. My dopamine addiction is sated by this game for the moment. Not sure of options until Zos either speaks up, sticks head in sand, adds capacity....please let your customers know something if possible.
  • KillingUGirl
    KillingUGirl
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happening here, being able to actually play is hit and miss, mostly miss.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Xbox EU account has now been completely stuck for 1 year, 1 month and 1 day, not even once I've been able to login after the Wrathstone download. I just created a new Xbox live account and and tried creating a new character on the same console and with the same connection, now I have a new level 1 EU Pact argonian named "EU connection just works", there's absolutely zero guessing anymore where the problem is!
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ‘Delete Everywhere’ (Profile) on Xbox fixed the issue. It's not intuitive that you have to select the profile itself and hit A to be presented with the option to "Delete Everywhere. Both on the console and at Xbox Live.

I looked it up to make sure that this was not destructive to your characters which are save at ZOS on profile servers which are not affected by this process.

Basically somehow the Xbox Live profiles were corrupted apparently or out of sync with Zos...somehow. This really should have been explained better by Zos for those affected.
  • veroxiousvemo
    veroxiousvemo
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me, but I can login to EU and create a new char there (haven’t played there before), so it’s not my connection issue, mate

I just want them to acknowledge this issue instead of copy-pasting the same strps in support ticket, like it’s xbox’s issue and not theirs :/
    G'day! | Xbox NA CP1666
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    06:01 PM, Belgium here.
    josohwqwj5vu.jpg

spmyjypbd3ot.png

Having similar issues. When I tried to go to the support website, it didn't work either.

It seems like there is a display message at the top of the forums explaining that there have been some issues and it's being investigated.

However, since that was posted in the morning over 5 hours ago, an update would be nice.
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the last couple of week(s) the same issue, no matter what time I attempt to login. It times out with the 308 error.
    The ONLY way to login is to profile "Delete Everywhere". Which Deletes it on my Console and Xbox Live.

Then my first aggravation of the day is...
    Resetting Audio Voice channels
    Vibration Off
    3rd person Camera Distance
    Combat numbers on

For each character I log into... :(

If I logout of the game exiting normally, (Even for an hour) I have to do this entire process over again 😣🤬

I of course will enter a ticket. All other Xbox Live games work perfect.
    Edited by Cronopoly on April 27, 2020 11:37PM
  • westonga
    westonga
    Soul Shriven
    I am also having the same issues. This has been going on for the last 4 days.

After clicking A on the main page, and select play. I then get an infinite load screen, and never reach character select due. It keeps ending in an Inactivity error after about 20 minutes.

Switching the server toggle; exiting game; re-starting the console; uninstalling/reinstalling has no effect.

Please help. I was just getting into this game.

Update: I deleted my profile and hard reset my console and it seems to be working again
    Edited by westonga on September 21, 2021 1:08AM
  • IcecubePAL
    IcecubePAL
    Soul Shriven
    Deleting my eso saves while the game is running usually works on my Xbox one x. It’s not guaranteed and takes about 2-3 attempts. It’s pretty annoying and the usual response of clearing your cache and doing all the extra stuff shouldn’t be the norm to login and play…
    Edited by IcecubePAL on September 21, 2021 3:50AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is now over a year old, we've decided to close the thread going forward. For anyone having similar issues detailed in this thread, please feel free to start a new discussion.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.