The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

has update 25 really made it worse?

• Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand why some people can be so dismissive of the other people's experiences just because it is not theirs. Maybe attachment theory could explain?

My experience since patch has been a couple of crashes (these used to be very rare and I dont PVP), and definitely more stuck in combat (used to be rare) - occurred several times during the hour or so I just played, particularity while hunting dragons.

Hopefully patch tomorrow will improve performance.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    @rager82b14_ESO
    If AC wasn't hard, everyone could've hit 80k but a lot of people struggle to get even 20k. Proper AC is the difference between a chill 30-minute dungeon run and wasted three hours.

It is boring, that is why many people don't do it. Many players would rather do less dps, than do something tedious. In pvp you are force to do this glitch.

It makes the devs look bad for keeping it for so long.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    odd audio glitches.

That's another thing I noticed. The audio files are compressed and of a noticeably lower quality with this update. And there's weird pseudo-stereo effects and mis-timed speech to video.

Performance enhancement by subtracting quality.

Edited by Jaraal on February 29, 2020 11:04PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several derailing posts for baiting and flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed zero improvements with lower fps, higher latency and longer load screens. Not impressed to say the least.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It probably depends on what you do in game. I have marginally faster loading, no crashes, and about the same FPS - which is consistent with the bottom line for me: playing the game on satellite. I never do pvp, so haven't an earthly about that. But my game is as stable now as it was a week ago.

Works for me.
  • Somers23
    Somers23
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how it is hard? Maybe your placement of skills is bad
  • Somers23
    Somers23
    ✭✭
    You have to memorize your rotation to. That also screwed me over learning
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Somers23 - you do realize you can simply edit your post to add more information as it floats to the forefront of your mind, right?
  • Somers23
    Somers23
    ✭✭
    Ya tricky to find it on my iPad sometimes, but humans learn to disect imperfections so you can fix them in your mind ty for for realizing something I already noticed
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somers23 wrote: »
    Ya tricky to find it on my iPad sometimes, but humans learn to disect imperfections so you can fix them in your mind ty for for realizing something I already noticed

*rolls eyes* Right. You noticed it, but you didn't bother to fix it. Whatever.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People say it's fine and others are just complaining, well good for them but don't tell me how my performance is.

Since the update, I crash every few mins and all my skills feel like they have a delay. I had a fight today and I had to press vigor 8 times before it finally went off. That was with low bar pop and good ping btw. And break free is somehow even worse.

So yes for me and many I speak to it is much worse than usual.

EDIT: I didn't notice any issues when I did pve though

Edited by Crixus8000 on March 1, 2020 1:55PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    People say it's fine and others are just complaining, well good for them but don't tell me how my performance is.

Since the update, I crash every few mins and all my skills feel like they have a delay. I had a fight today and I had to press vigor 8 times before it finally went off. That was with low bar pop and good ping btw. And break free is somehow even worse.

So yes for me and many I speak to it is much worse than usual.

Ugh. That's sad. I hope Monday's patch helps some.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of it is just people who like to complain for no reason. Only issues are minor ones like constant crashes in PvP, no more stam recovery, clunkier animation canceling, fast blocks causing crashes.. It's all fine.

You'll have a pet /s
    Oh good good I was beginning to worry lmfao 🤣🤣🤣
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because everything is better after patch day.

ARE YOU KIDDING LOLZ :pensive:

• Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be kind of a mixed bag for me. I'm getting better fps and shorter load screens than I used to, but combat gets kinda funky every now and then for some reason. I really hope they fix that soon. It's pretty annoying when you're fighting and suddenly your abilities get all delayed and clunky.
    Edited by Opalblade on March 1, 2020 5:09AM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not pvping, so I don't experience it as a bad patch, but I know it is catastrophic for those, who mainly enjoy pvp and have not much interest to do pve meanwhile. Hopefully this will be better tomorrow after the next patch.

As far as crashes go as a pure pve player i had 2 crashes - one after arrival after teleport, and one when closing the game. Otherwise the game runs a lot smoother especially in crowded trade bubs and especially this saturday those were packed with people. Combat-wise it feels more responsive to me (had trouble performing reliable interrupts before), but I get stuck in combat after combat ended far more often than before - I have to relog my character to get out of this situation in this case. There were a few other hiccups, but those seemed to be related to the first days after the patch, they are no longer there.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of it is just people who like to complain for no reason. Only issues are minor ones like constant crashes in PvP, no more stam recovery, clunkier animation canceling, fast blocks causing crashes.. It's all fine.

You'll have a pet /s

You had me on the first half.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll have a pet /s

Thank you for that. I asked for a working game that has no issues, seems many people just want a free pet instead. Ah well. I wonder how many people tried to say I was wrong is complaining now. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    I'm not pvping, so I don't experience it as a bad patch, but I know it is catastrophic for those, who mainly enjoy pvp and have not much interest to do pve meanwhile. Hopefully this will be better tomorrow after the next patch.

As far as crashes go as a pure pve player i had 2 crashes - one after arrival after teleport, and one when closing the game. Otherwise the game runs a lot smoother especially in crowded trade bubs and especially this saturday those were packed with people. Combat-wise it feels more responsive to me (had trouble performing reliable interrupts before), but I get stuck in combat after combat ended far more often than before - I have to relog my character to get out of this situation in this case. There were a few other hiccups, but those seemed to be related to the first days after the patch, they are no longer there.

Its effecting more than PVP now. Blocking and rolling and breaking free with controller gets you booted, stam and magicka regen bugs are a thing in pve too, extreme desync in dungeons is happening, massive resource spikes for your cpu, which are dangerous for cpus, are happening outside pvp. If you arent experiencing any of this, thats awesome, but you are the exception, not the rule.
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    You'll have a pet /s

Thank you for that. I asked for a working game that has no issues, seems many people just want a free pet instead. Ah well. I wonder how many people tried to say I was wrong is complaining now. :)

Don't underestimate the value of a good pet! Who in his right mind would enter Cyrodiil whithout his little ninja critter? Oh, wait.. But then again, in Q2 2020 it's all going to be AAAWESOME! (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487396/official-discussion-thread-for-esos-performance-improvements-plan#latest)
    Edited by Long_Distance on March 1, 2020 3:37PM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A week in and the answer is a resounding “yes”. Update 25 has made performance worse for me.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You explained the problem with your first words ....

" I'm on ps4 ..."

:#
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you struggle to find balance between gaming and other life commitments? Do you have a pet or young child who needs attention every 10 minutes? Do you typically need reminded to take breaks to stretch and hydrate? Do you enjoy your chat window filled with messages for friends logging off and back on, over and over and over and over?

If you said yes to any of these questions, this is the patch for you!!! Zenimax promises that you will have time to fulfill your other obligations by forcing logouts every 10-15 minutes in Cyrodiil and hourly in pve zones. Bonus, random crashes when using Wayshrines, entering dungeons, or staying too long in someone’s home. The anticipation is thrilling, will you make it to Deshaan without crashing or no? You’ve got an 80% chance of getting there without incident, and a 20% chance of having time to get another beer before you log back in!

And if you’ve struggled with fluid combat and animation cancelling, you’ll be especially pleased with this patch! Skills are now clunkier than ever, with abundant delays.

And have you been bored when tanking the hardest content? Then we’ve got something for you too! Block now drops intermittently even while the animation remains. You never know when you’ll take full damage, how fun! We did report that bug on PTS, but Zeni found it so enjoyable that they decided it should go live! And for even more tanking fun, people have reported that blocking too much may get you kicked from the server for message spamming!

What a wonderful world it is, can’t wait until those of you on console can join in the fun!

Edited by Reverb on March 1, 2020 5:45PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Do you struggle to find balance between gaming and other life commitments? Do you have a pet or young child who needs attention every 10 minutes? Do you typically need reminded to take breaks to stretch and hydrate? Do you enjoy your chat window filled with messages for friends logging off and back on, over and over and over and over?

If you said yes to any of these questions, this is the patch for you!!! Zenimax promises that you will have time to fulfill your other obligations by forcing logouts every 10-15 minutes in Cyrodiil and hourly in pve zones. Bonus, random crashes when using Wayshrines, entering dungeons, or staying too long in someone’s home. The anticipation is thrilling, will you make it to Deshaan without crashing or no? You’ve got an 80% chance of getting there without incident, and a 20% chance of having time to get another beer before you log back in!

And if you’ve struggled with fluid combat and animation cancelling, you’ll be especially pleased with this patch! Skills are now clunkier than ever, with abundant delays.

And have you been bored when tanking the hardest content? Then we’ve got something for you too! Block now drops intermittently even while the animation remains. You never know when you’ll take full damage, how fun! We did report that bug on PTS, but Zeni found it so enjoyable that they decided it should go live! And for even more tanking fun, people have reported that blocking too much may get you kicked from the server for message spamming!

What a wonderful world it is, can’t wait until those of you on console can join in the fun!

funny thing. we've had this problem for a while now, so it's nothing new to us. now you pc players get to see what it's like for us
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

funny thing. we've had this problem for a while now, so it's nothing new to us. now you pc players get to see what it's like for us
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frame rate drops and hitching are back. Not to the same extent. Certainly enough to be noticeable.
    Loading screens are no better than before the patch.
    Only one crash so far, when trying to port from a wayshrine. I've had crashes like this is the past too. So I doubt it's patch related.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ZOS is no where to be found.
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ZOS is no where to be found.

of course they aint. they're full of empty promises
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭