The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2500 crowns for a weapon STYLE pack (not actual weapons) that doesn't even include all the styles?

krachall
krachall
✭✭✭✭✭
Could this be the biggest rip off in the history of the Crown store? Well...let me be a bit less abrasive so the forum police don't shut this down for using triggering terms like "rip off"

*ahem*

Could this be the lowest value-to-crown item in the history of the Crown store? 2500 crowns for a weapon style pack that doesn't include daggers, axes, or swords? There are only 7 of them in total! I have got to be missing something. Are they actually included under the styles listed? So are swords and daggers part of the 2H style or something? I was actually thinking of buying this for bows, daggers, and 1h swords but two of the three aren't included?

There's no way a "weapon style pack" that cost about $20 (again, not actual weapons...weapon styles) doesn't include all 7 styles?
Edited by krachall on February 29, 2020 3:26AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lowest value to crown item? Not even remotely close. Take a good look at the vampire/werewolf cures that in game cost about 600 gold, but cost 800 crowns in the store (about 160,000 gold equivalent).

The weapon style packs are at least unique and if you really like a particular style contained in them, it could be worth it for some people.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking about Valkyn Skoria Arms pack?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I'm seeing, all of the Undaunted arms packs have been 2500 crowns for 5 weapon styles.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arms Packs include Outfit Styles for two-handed weapons, staves, shields, one-handed weapons, and bows. In the case of the Ilambris Style Arms Pack, it specifically includes Outfit Style pages for a battle axe, bow, shield, staff, and sword. Future Monster Style Arms Packs might feature different weapons, but they will always have a style for each weapon “type".
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26451
    signing off
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    Could this be the biggest rip off in the history of the Crown store? Well...let me be a bit less abrasive so the forum police don't shut this down for using triggering terms like "rip off"

*ahem*

Could this be the lowest value-to-crown item in the history of the Crown store? 2500 crowns for a weapon style pack that doesn't include daggers, axes, or swords? There are only 7 of them in total! I have got to be missing something. Are they actually included under the styles listed? So are swords and daggers part of the 2H style or something? I was actually thinking of buying this for bows, daggers, and 1h swords but two of the three aren't included?

There's no way a "weapon style pack" that cost about $20 (again, not actual weapons...weapon styles) doesn't include all 7 styles?

First time?
    In all seriousness, you didn’t post this ages ago when the other weapon styles came out?
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saelent wrote: »
    krachall wrote: »

*ahem*

First time?
    In all seriousness, you didn’t post this ages ago when the other weapon styles came out?

I've honestly never paid them attention as I think most monster set styles are pretty ugly. But the Valkyn Skoria bow looked cool so that's the first time I looked at the actual contents and cost. And I'm glad a I did!

I can't, for the life of me, understand why ZOS wouldn't go ahead and just include all the styles at this outrageous price.
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭
    They really go all out on the visuals for these weapons. 2,500 for 5, or 500 for 1 weapon, seems like a fair price to me for something so visually appealing. We pay more for mounts that we'll get bored of within a month. But like mounts, it's nice to create a theme for your character every once in awhile and these weapons help do that.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eormenric wrote: »
    They really go all out on the visuals for these weapons. 2,500 for 5, or 500 for 1 weapon, seems like a fair price to me for something so visually appealing. We pay more for mounts that we'll get bored of within a month. But like mounts, it's nice to create a theme for your character every once in awhile and these weapons help do that.

You're right, @Eormenric.

For example, my Magicka Warden (themed around nature) rides the Dawnwood Indrik mount and uses the Chokethorn Staff ... but also does PvP (Gladiator Costume).

fQNeH9A.png
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Arms Packs are actually my favourite things to come out of the Crown Store...
    No RNG, just really cool fashion items that are unique without being over the top.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they did all weapons in the packs, just for variety, only two I really love are Engine Guardian and Iceheart, bought both of those and Bloodspawn one night when I was drinking :-P

I use an Axe 2hd on my Stamsorc, but have to use a 2hd sword graphic. On a couple of my stamdps, I use engine guardian daggers, but wish there was an option for swords or axes.

I missed the Ilambris but would buy it if it came back, to complete my elemental sets, since I have electric and ice.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they did all weapons in the packs, just for variety, only two I really love are Engine Guardian and Iceheart, bought both of those and Bloodspawn one night when I was drinking :-P

I use an Axe 2hd on my Stamsorc, but have to use a 2hd sword graphic. On a couple of my stamdps, I use engine guardian daggers, but wish there was an option for swords or axes.

I missed the Ilambris but would buy it if it came back, to complete my elemental sets, since I have electric and ice.

Something I've wondered about the Arms Packs is how far ahead they're planning when the choose the 1 hand and 2 hand weapon to be in the pack.

For instance, there are now 2 sets with a "Fire" theme to them. With the Ilambris Pack having a 1 hand Sword and 2 hand Axe, and the Valkyn Skoria having a 1 hand Hammer and 2 hand Sword, it leaves a 1 hand Axe and a 2 hand Hammer with Fire Effect missing (Technically a Dagger too, but it's close enough to a Sword).

When Earthgore inevitably comes out, will it have a Fire/Magma themed 1 hand Axe and 2 hand Hammer?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    For instance, there are now 2 sets with a "Fire" theme to them. With the Ilambris Pack having a 1 hand Sword and 2 hand Axe, and the Valkyn Skoria having a 1 hand Hammer and 2 hand Sword, it leaves a 1 hand Axe and a 2 hand Hammer with Fire Effect missing (Technically a Dagger too, but it's close enough to a Sword).

Three fire sets, technically. Grothdarr had a 1H mace and 2H maul.
    signing off