The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If you think you are bad at PvP...

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
...might not be your all your fault.

I am a cp750 guy and I don't consider myself a god or great player, just average.
I played lot of battlegrounds, cyro, imperial city.
Running around with all golden out gear with a good all around build which everyone uses.

After all this time playing I didn't see a lot of PvP improvement, many many deaths and half the times I didn't know why I was dead.

I see plenty of bg players kiting behind a little bush and they get 100% LoS out of all my skills, I cannot hit them with anything at all.
When I go behind a wall, I still get hit by executioners, dizzys, frags and every other skill which I see in death recaps.
So I started to think my hitbox is constantly lagging and it's not on the same place where I see my character.

I had this proof the day of the patch, the server was half empty and I had zero lag, zero skills delays, zero death delays, zero heals delays.
I felt i was playing a new game, i won my first 1vs3 like i saw plenty of times in many videos, rotating my buffs and heals.

Today i played again and i go hit by surprise attack assassin's scourge incap executioner in literally 1 2 seconds for 30k health to zero.
Few minutes later 24k toxic barrage and 7k snipe without seeing the guy casted it on me, there was no animation going at all, just saw it in death recap i was like what???
After that a 15k zaan without seeing the beam connected to me and i was dead in seconds.

My character still moving and suddenly my magicka and stamina drained to zero instantly and i couldn't cast any skill because my character was already dead for the server.

I thought i was a really bad players, but more than 50% is just server lag, i play with over 100mb/s connection and it's useless.

I guess this is a goodbye.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Animation cancelling is what your seeing
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP mentioned toxic barrage, snipe and zaan and you still bring this bs up. Brain work cancelling is what I'm seeing.

EDIT:
    GRXRG wrote: »

I'm sorry to hear this. [snip]

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 28, 2020 3:28AM
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭

You can be a god of animation cancelling, you cannot bypass the 1 second global cooldown of eso, and many time i get hit by 4 or 5 executioners made in barely 2 seconds when it should be 4 or 5 seconds minimum if the enemy is a robot in animation cancelling.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...might not be your all your fault.

I am a cp750 guy and I don't consider myself a god or great player, just average.
    I played lot of battlegrounds, cyro, imperial city.
    Running around with all golden out gear with a good all around build which everyone uses.

After all this time playing I didn't see a lot of PvP improvement, many many deaths and half the times I didn't know why I was dead.

I see plenty of bg players kiting behind a little bush and they get 100% LoS out of all my skills, I cannot hit them with anything at all.
    When I go behind a wall, I still get hit by executioners, dizzys, frags and every other skill which I see in death recaps.
    So I started to think my hitbox is constantly lagging and it's not on the same place where I see my character.

I had this proof the day of the patch, the server was half empty and I had zero lag, zero skills delays, zero death delays, zero heals delays.
    I felt i was playing a new game, i won my first 1vs3 like i saw plenty of times in many videos, rotating my buffs and heals.

Today i played again and i go hit by surprise attack assassin's scourge incap executioner in literally 1 2 seconds for 30k health to zero.
    Few minutes later 24k toxic barrage and 7k snipe without seeing the guy casted it on me, there was no animation going at all, just saw it in death recap i was like what???
    After that a 15k zaan without seeing the beam connected to me and i was dead in seconds.

My character still moving and suddenly my magicka and stamina drained to zero instantly and i couldn't cast any skill because my character was already dead for the server.

I thought i was a really bad players, but more than 50% is just server lag, i play with over 100mb/s connection and it's useless.

If you are BGing, MMR just got reset with the patch, so average players are likely to run into a lot of players significantly worse than them, and a lot who are significantly better until the system balances out. This could explain your experience.

However, health desyncs are a thing, they probably are involved in about 10% of my bg deaths. It's annoying, but infrequent enough to be tolerable.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you cannot see animation cancleing.
    eso is not a game of "skill"
    eso is a game of "glitch and trick the mechanics"
    Edited by Gilvoth on February 27, 2020 6:01PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you actually read the entire post, it sounds a whole lot more like lag than it does animation canceling.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sniper health desynch is a well known problem and some people exploit that. Just keep attention to sound of first Snipe to block the rest ir you Will be wiped in just one second. Is nothing related to animation cancelling (you wont get a single LA on the recap). That desynch happens since years and i doubt they fix it
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i play with over 100mb/s connection and it's useless.

bandwidth means nothing except it allows you to download patches faster. latency is a main parameter for gaming.
    1mb/s is enough to play online games
    Edited by oxygen_thief on February 27, 2020 8:42PM
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    coletas wrote: »
    Sniper health desynch is a well known problem and some people exploit that. Just keep attention to sound of first Snipe to block the rest ir you Will be wiped in just one second. Is nothing related to animation cancelling (you wont get a single LA on the recap). That desynch happens since years and i doubt they fix it

I used it during 1 year without even know it was desynchronizing my target. I though it was only lag sometimes.
    I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres wierdass client lagg or delays or whatever you wanna call it, you can get hit by 3 snipes at once and instadie and you didnt see or hear a thing (just one example) (and its just the tip of the iceberg)The game is sick in its core and zos dont know how to fix it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Theres wierdass client lagg or delays or whatever you wanna call it, you can get hit by 3 snipes at once and instadie and you didnt see or hear a thing (just one example) (and its just the tip of the iceberg)The game is sick in its core and zos dont know how to fix it.

Exactly this, not to mention when my target uses LoS behind a little object all my skills fails and don't cast as intented.
    When instead i try use LoS myself and i am behind a wall i still receive melee skills on me after 1 second. I know skills like frags have a little delay so if you cast it on a target which is going behind a wall the skill still fires through the walls, but things like dizzy and executioner immediately autocancel same as when a nightblade use cloak.
    But for my character this doesn't work, i still receive on me those skills even few seconds after using LoS and it's like my character hitbox is not where is it in my screen, there is no other explanation.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've clipped a lot of my deaths and most times the other player would be facing away from me and using an ability like executioner and still landing it, lol. Looks ridiculous.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its lag. i can spam Dizzying in a zerg fight, nothing, then suddenly, 3 white numbers pop-up on my target's head, and boom. he's on the ground. dead.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings,

While it is unfortunate that a member of our community will be no longer venturing in Tamriel, regrettably we do not allow Goodbye/Quitting threads. They are a violation of our rules and is stated as follows:
    Goodbye/Quitting Threads: We understand that sometimes people will leave the ESO community, and want to post a “goodbye” or “quitting” thread. Generally, we have found that “goodbye” and “quitting” threads have a tendency to go downhill fast. It is our policy to read the feedback in “goodbye” and “quitting” threads and close them, regardless of whether they are constructive or not.
    If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to take a moment to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-

Take care on your adventures traveler!
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 28, 2020 3:35AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.