The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Performance issues in cities and other busy areas.

Mr_Mulciber
Mr_Mulciber
Soul Shriven
Hey all. I've been getting back into this game lately, but the performance in some areas really bothers me. It's been this way since I got the game back in 2017. Anyways, I'll hover around 60 to 90 FPS in most areas of the game, but in cities and other busy areas, I go as low as 20 to 30 frames with a lot of stutter. It sometimes will go back up a bit a minute or two after I load into the city, but it usually stays in that stuttering state. I'll attach a DxDiag file and the report.txt generated by the Game Consultant. I've been looking online for solutions to this issue for ages but nothing has solved it for me. Thanks for any advice you guys might be able to give.
  • Mr_Mulciber
    Mr_Mulciber
    Soul Shriven
    Just realized that DxDiag and the report generated by the Game Consultant are pretty much the same. Oh well.
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this has been an issue for as long as I can remember and I've played since beta (even though I skipped the first year due to the subscription). It seems a little better since the performance patches, at least for me, but it's still an issue. I just get used to it as a part of the game, which is unfortunate but the only thing I can do.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Frame rate and performance issues in ESO can be caused by different things as PC setups will vary from player to player. We recommend anyone suffering performance issues to go through our basic troubleshooting listed here. If you've gone through these steps and your performance issues continue, you should then go ahead and open a ticket with customer support. In your ticket make sure to include a game consultant report so our support team can look over your PC specifications.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post