The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Community Spotlight—Raidplanner by Woeler"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
dc3718c1da874c348d0a1fbfc09cf23b.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for "ESO Community Spotlight—Raidplanner by Woeler" blog article.

Woeler’s latest community project is the Raidplanner—a tool to help guild leaders organize group activities. Learn about this new tool in our latest Community Spotlight!
Staff Post
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does it work? The article never explains it, other than it binds directly to discord and makes planning raids easier. Never really describes Raidplanner itself. :)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is fantastic @Woeler , I made a little roster signup bot for our guild, but this looks like everything that my bot wishes it could have been. Can't wait!
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    How does it work? The article never explains it, other than it binds directly to discord and makes planning raids easier. Never really describes Raidplanner itself. :)

Honestly, the official esoraidplanner.com website doesn't really either. It talks about the technical aspects of installing the bot and the commands one can use, but I still don't understand the essence of how it works and how it improves things. I guess we'll see if one of my guilds that does raids start using it, and I'll learn through osmosis.

I think it might have been good to reach out to one of the well-known ESO guilds that does use this and have them contribute to the article (or write a separate one) from the user experience and where they find it most useful.

I do wish ESO had a rudimentary trials group finder. Maybe pay Woeler and some of the community members to consult on how it should be structured. Some of us just want to run PUG trials without having to hang around Craglorn and constantly monitor zone chat for forming groups.

Still, thanks for the article. I always appreciate ESO's embracing of the community, and Woeler is a titan in terms of independently enhancing the ESO experience with his websites, bots, and other projects.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You may ask as many questions as you want in my Discord server (discord.gg/woeler). I have it planned to write a more extensive "what this thing does" page, but haven't had time.
    Edited by Woeler on February 26, 2020 8:53PM