The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Downloading Woes

goatlyonesub17_ESO
goatlyonesub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I'm about 36 hours into the download, and the progress indicator on the launcher is at 3%. The downloading speed never gets above 135 kbps and it's usually more like 40 kbps. I'll probably finish that first 56 GB data chunk in about a week, but I'm sure that it isn't the only chunk in the pipeline.
"Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
"Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
"I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
"A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
"Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
"Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @goatlyonesub17_ESO

We have posted in the thread below some different steps you can take to help improve download speeds.

Slow Update Speeds
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I set my download max speed to 10 mbps. Last I checked, I was downloading at 50 kbps. Probably the bigger part of the problem is my connection speed. I have DSL Lite. I rarely have download speeds above 130 kbps. This is rural West Virginia.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Four days into the update downloading, and my progress bar is at 7%. I've gotten about 24 GB of the first (56 GB) chunk of data.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably finish downloading the first block of data about noon on Wednesday, 4 March 2020. After that first patch applies, my progress bar will probably be around 31%.