Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO causing HARD CRASH of computer

dazee
dazee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
ESO will fairly often hard crash my machine when I attempt to quit or sometimes at random. happened today at last boss of FrostVault. when this happens I cant even bring up my task manager, just results in black screen only solution short of unplugging my PC is to force sign out.
Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine works fine, even with a bunch of addons in the mix. So.....

First thought, Addons? Have they been updated or changed to a more current version? Have you tried without addons?

Second Thought, Drivers? They can get corrupted, so update as needed.

Third Thought, although not likely, is the video card fully seated or do you have heat issue (dust related)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its your computer, not the game. Probably memory
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, install or update any software lately? Could be a background application.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its your computer, not the game. Probably memory

16gig ram should be more than enough.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have suggested, the issue is likely not the game itself. However, try repairing the game via the launcher to see if that helps. Restart after performing the repair.

The second step would be to open a tech support ticket. They may be able to help you determine the actual source of the problem.

Edit: It is not likely how much ram you have though there could be an issue with one of the ram chips. That is what they probably meant as a possibility.
    Edited by idk on February 17, 2020 7:32PM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See the numerous other posts of people having the same issue. its not just me.
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing consistent difficulties logging in (and then remaining in) the game as of 2 days ago. I'm on the NA server and on PC. The quest I was working on 2 days ago was buggy as hell. Kept freezing/locking up left me stranded in mid air (while my PC was being attacked by an enemy NPC). Finally rage quit in complete frustration after that.

That was two days ago, where I was able to access the character menu selection screen. Game to forever to load then was finally spawned in my last map location. Several minutes later, it froze up and Win10 become completely unresponsive. Bringing up the Task Manager FROZE the Manager as well! And after several minutes, Windows was finally able to abort the program and kicked me back to the desktop.

I have Addons, but immediately disabled all of these when I first encountered this problem.

It's also NOT my internet connection which is a blitzing fast 50Mbps+. Nor is it my PC hardware (16GB RAM, over 100GB+ SSD space, and ultra fast Nvidia card etc). I also repaired the game files using the launcher as well. In the 2+ years of playing ESO, this is the first time I've ever encountered this game breaking issue. Regardless of whether the game was being updated for a new DLC/Chapter (i.e. Morrowind and Summerset) or not.

The game is completely un-launchable and playable. Assuming that it permits me to even progress beyond the damned character loading menu screen that is.

Already submitted a ticket with the necessary MSInfo.txt and Report.txt files. But have very low hopes of ZoS CS being able to resolve this problem.... :(
    Edited by KyleTheYounger on February 17, 2020 10:32PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    See the numerous other posts of people having the same issue. its not just me.

You can stick your head in the sand and hope this issue is on Zos' side and they fix it or you could take that first step towards creating that tech support ticket and actually work with Zos to determine what is actually happening so a remedy can be determined.

Most of the comments made in the replies are all possibilities. Since it is clear this is not a widespread problem as those threads you speak of would never die I suggest you create that tech support ticket.

Make sure to select Tech Support when creating the ticket or it will be classified as a bug which pretty much ends the conversation with Zos.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US