The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kaalgrontiid is laggy. Unplayable now.

Stibbons
Stibbons
✭✭✭✭✭
2-3 second lag in all fights. Even in 1 vs 2 no where near hammer or major fights. Go fix the server.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2 seconds lag in main fights. Same serve Kaalgrontiid. Barely playable if any.

This time 3 player tried this. We all have 100-200 mb speed and about 2000 Euros Computers from different coutries.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to make more servers to play CP points or invest on servers so pple can actually play.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now 2-3 seconds lags. 1vs 2 fights same, sieges same, groups same and disconnet on main fights. Kaalgrontiid.
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    Games been dung for ages on Xbox eu; these guys can't organise a drink sesh never mind a working server or a fully balanced game. Performance in PvP is abbysmal, if any of you guys haven't saw consoles performance go check it out.

Let it die, will be the best thing for ZoS to actually get bring it back on console. Although I feel sad for the guys at ZoS but they should be doing better, maybe theyll see sense and take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror before leaving the house for work or they'll be fired quicker than you can say boom baby.
    Stamblade Main.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean "now" ? Its always like that more or less.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For the lag you are experiencing during the Kaalgrontiid campaign, you can try the troubleshooting steps here which may improve your latency.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 16, 2020 7:11PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely nohthing helps at PC Kaalgrontiid server. It has nothing to do with my end of the game. You must put one guy from your staff to see that i am right. Just one guy for few days and they could tell the servers state. Put him sit to Computer and Xbox to play the game.
  • Rioh
    Rioh
    ✭✭
    Your fixes have literally nothing to do with the underlying problems for the lag in CP cyrodil.

You need better servers to handle the unoptimized ESO code. Unless ZOS invests in more powerful servers to run the game and fixes some of the potato code used on the base game... we will never see performance improvements. Note that the biggest thing are the servers -- they simply do not have enough computing power to handle cyrodil.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime time on Xbox NA in Kaal has been unbelievably bad lately. I have to hit skulls 2-5 times before anything happens. Buffs, shields, attacks, it doesn’t matter. Nothing works. Usually this is a problem in big fights but lately even solo taking a resource far from any action is severely laggy.
  • Rioh
    Rioh
    ✭✭
    Absolutely forget about running solo during prime time too -- 1 ability firing every 5 seconds means you can't keep anything up at all.

I really don't understand how so many people put up with the lag and decide to still play during prime time. Any sort of skillful gameplay goes out the window in the face of lag that makes your abilities unusable.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    For the lag you are experiencing during the Kaalgrontiid campaign, you can try the troubleshooting steps here which may improve your latency.

It’s on all platforms and it’s unplayable.
  • Rioh
    Rioh
    ✭✭
    new patch has done nothing to combat the cyrodil latency issues. I am experiencing lag so bad that I have to spam an ability 6 to 10 times for it to fire. I just fought in a few 1v1s where one ability from each of us would fire every 5 seconds -- forget about defense and skill... just spam 1 ability and maybe it will go off.

How is this considered okay?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rioh wrote: »
    new patch has done nothing to combat the cyrodil latency issues. I am experiencing lag so bad that I have to spam an ability 6 to 10 times for it to fire. I just fought in a few 1v1s where one ability from each of us would fire every 5 seconds -- forget about defense and skill... just spam 1 ability and maybe it will go off.

How is this considered okay?

Not good news, especially for console...
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

Lmao, I know y’all cringe every time this gets brought up... for the record tho I’m downloading at 237mbs and uploading at 59mbs with 17ms of latency.... AND CYRODIL STILL LAGS...

For once I would just like an honest answer instead of the automated/copy pasta once’s we get. Just tell us” Uhhh, yea we kinda messed up and are reverting changes/getting it fixed asap” or “Yea we are behind for Q2-3 share estimates, so we decreased our leased server space to save $$$.”

I’m just astounded by how bad the game is playing atm considering the PvP event had a lot more activity but ran much better...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on February 25, 2020 3:40AM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."