The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

account already logged in

nameless420
nameless420
✭✭
anyone else get this message? I get it multiple times trying to log. and when I get in I wasn't hacked.
  • DelosTheta
    DelosTheta
    ✭✭✭
    Chances are you got crashed, or had to bail out of an infinite wait on the intermission screen. (You know, the picture of where your are going with a clever caption like Evermore: You're the Hero This City Deserves.) The network thinks you are still logged in, and it has to do something, I don't know, clear a buffer, to make it all make sense again.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens from time to time. I got it last week. Hadn't been on since the previous day. It cleared up after about 20 minutes of trying.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You crashed but the server still thinks you're logged in. It stops when the server gets the memo that you're no longer logged in
    Edited by Katahdin on February 14, 2020 12:41AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever you crash, you need to wait 30 seconds before trying to log back in. ZOS has some kind of internal timer that needs to run its course.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a miss leading message. Sometimes it means you were DC'd for some reason and the server hasn't detected you being dropped yet. It means something else when, like happens to me, it is your initial login. What causes it in this second case I can't tell you but what I do is quit the client, restart the client and try again which always works (though YMMV).
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting it recently. Usually the first login. I just keep trying until it lets me in.
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been kicked out of the game a few times for “spamming in chat” which I rarely ever use. Happened earlier today when I was attempting to enter a Delve and had not used chat at all. I think some of these ‘errors’ are erroneous (no pun intended) and get randomly assigned when the game hiccups and doesn’t know what to say. It’s still an unnecessary inconvenience. ZoS needs to fix their error codes. Or better yet fix the underlying problems causing the erroneous error codes. Simply poor coding (from an ex-coder).
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn#t we have the exact same discussion a short while ago:
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Have you tried closing everything related to TESO, even the game client?

That always works for me when I get the "Account already logged in" message.
    ^This!^

I occasionalyl get the bug as well, then I close it all, restart, and so far could log in without issues every time.

I think its something that happens when a tiny bit of lag (or game crash) messes up the logout process when the game last went down (be it quitting or crashing)... leaving half the game think you are logged in while the other half thinks you are logged out or something like that... But either way, so far restarting everything always fixed it...
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Granicus wrote: »
    I’ve been kicked out of the game a few times for “spamming in chat” which I rarely ever use. Happened earlier today when I was attempting to enter a Delve and had not used chat at all. I think some of these ‘errors’ are erroneous (no pun intended) and get randomly assigned when the game hiccups and doesn’t know what to say. It’s still an unnecessary inconvenience. ZoS needs to fix their error codes. Or better yet fix the underlying problems causing the erroneous error codes. Simply poor coding (from an ex-coder).

Spamming in chat can be due to behind the scenes status messages being sent by add ons using the chat system. You don’t see them, but the server detects it as you sending chat.

The Account already logged in does appear relatively new and is probably down to ZOS increasing the cooldown for login verification possibly to increase stability of the login server. It’s basically a “go make a beverage” error message.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone else get this message? I get it multiple times trying to log. and when I get in I wasn't hacked.
    Happens to me from time to time.
    First time I get incorrect password, probably because its incorrect.
    Then I can get user is already logged in on next attempt, followed by successful login.

And yes if game crashes or is closed hard you will remind logged in for some time so you would not get logged off in net hitches. Not sure how long this is but its not much more than an minute.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This thread is being closed since there are already multiple threads open about this issue. You may need to just restart and wait for 15-20 minutes before logging in again. If the error message continues after doing so please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.