The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Extreme lag increase since last week

npuk
npuk
✭✭✭
There has been a noticeable increase in the lag on xbox-eu since last week, myself a large number of others are experiencing this across all aspects of the game, cyro, bg, dungeons and open world. Examples are using dk wings and nothing happening then 10x go off at once, bar swap is taking two seconds when even just stood in Daggerfall. Puncturing sweep just not registering even though the target is stood in front of you.

We have tried the usual hard resets, game data deletion, change of network access. I have even tried on a connection that has 100/100Mbps uncontested bandwidth and 4ms ping.

Hardwear: Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition) running on a 4k display.
Connection: 30Mbps broadband (wifi), 80Mbps 4G (wifi), 100mbps leased line (wired)
The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    may possibly be in part due to the PTS on the EU server currently
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    may possibly be in part due to the PTS on the EU server currently

That would be on the PC-EU server, not Xbox-EU would it not?
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add vma to this list of lagging, as this week has been my worse score so far getting killed in places that I walk through normally

But I just put it down to the country’s infrastructure not coping with storm Ciara
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem on PC EU. :(
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are currently connection issues affecting all megaservers today (02/12/2020). Updates will be posted when there is more information.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Arrow_In_The_Knee
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    There are currently connection issues affecting all megaservers today (02/12/2020). Updates will be posted when there is more information.

What does this have to do with extreme lag for over a week in Cyro? Why is this and check your internet always Zenimax answer? All I ask, and anyone else playing on the Xbox in cyrodiil is to log on using a XBOX (not a high end computer with a emulator) and tell us everything is alright. I really like this game but it is impossible to keep paying if this doesn't get better, and I will be joining the others who have left over the constant lag. This game would be so much bigger if they would actually fix these things.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is this and check your internet always Zenimax answer?

It's so easy to give it for a solution without any actual need to do anything else, by doing so they have provided some assistance and somekind of supposed responsibility is filled, everything is fine again and in control in other words.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    I created a ticket for this and it was pretty much a copy and paste of my op, the first response was to delete saved game data etc, second reply was a link to xbox site on how to fix a slow download.

It's so frustrating that you take time to give a detailed report on an issue and they can't even be bothered to read what you have put.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed lag has really got a lot worse. Constantly running into zones where you can't move. Loading in and out of game or changing characters gets stuck and have to restart game quite often. I keep my xbox cache cleaned and delete save files, reset router etc.from the game all the time. I have great internet as well, but it only fixes the issue for a brief time and it's right back at it. I am hoping the new xbox series x coming out this fall will be a big improvement. I think the current consoles are having problems wirh keeping up with some games now.