The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Download Link Missing

Redenator
Redenator
Soul Shriven
So I recently (after a 6 or so month break) decided to get back into ESO. I played through Steam, but whenever I tried to launch the game, it crashed. After some research I established it was due to OS Catalina, and I had to delete and re-install the game. Ok, no biggie. After the 24 hour download process, I tried opening the game, and after the launcher loading for about 20 mins, I was greeted with a message saying there was an error, and I needed to use the repair tool to run diagnostics. The repair tool then told me I needed 80gb of space in my computer to run. I have 200gb of free space....

This was happening repeatedly, so after some more digging online, I read that the best option would be to just buy another copy of the game from the website, and download and install from there. So I did that. I then went to the "Account" page, where the download button should be... but there's no button. It just says "Manage Membership". I tried unlinking my Steam account to see if that worked, but it then said I can't play the game until I re-link my steam account.

I have just spent another 40 bucks on a game I already own, because a different support forum told me to, and it didn't even work.
What can I do to get the download button to appear? I know I can't get a refund on either copy of my game, so what can I do?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Redenator

Have you tried reloading the account page through a different web browser?

Doing so may get the download link to show up. If it still doesn't, I'd recommend opening a ticket with customer support so they can check the entitlements on your latest purchase.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Redenator
    Redenator
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Redenator

Have you tried reloading the account page through a different web browser?

Doing so may get the download link to show up. If it still doesn't, I'd recommend opening a ticket with customer support so they can check the entitlements on your latest purchase.

I have tried multiple different browsers (safari, chrome, Firefox, etc) none of them work. I will send through a customer support ticket, however. Thanks!