The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crashing after 30-45 minutes of gameplay, constantly.

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So for the first few weeks I played on PC NA, I didn't crash a single time. I spent my first day in cyrodiil the other day and began experiencing crashes, but I figured it was related to cyrodiil performance or the "memory leak".

Since that day, I have now been crashing after playing between 30 minutes and one hour, constantly. No matter what I'm doing, whether it is collecting skyshards, doing dungeons, or playing PVP, I always crash randomly within an hour of starting the launcher.

The crash is the same every time. My computer black screens for about 5 seconds, then pulls the task bar up while ESO remains blackscreened. I can close ESO and start it straight away again. When this happens nothing out of the ordinary appears to be happening with my memory usage & whatnot. I'm using windows 10, my computer has 32gb of ram, a gtx 1080, ESO is installed on a 1tb SSD, and I'm playing on 200mb wired connection.

I've tried updating my driver software, removing all my add on's, checking the frequency of my ram (2667hz), running ESO in compatibility mode, etc.

I'm coming from console where the performance is terrible, but where I literally never crash. Can anyone help me with this issue?
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Liam12548

Could you post or link to either a DxDiag or game consultant report?

Getting more details on your current PC setup will be helpful in troubleshooting your ESO crashes.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Liam12548

Getting more details on your current PC setup will be helpful in troubleshooting your ESO crashes.

@ZOS_BillE
    I've sent you a PM with the resulting game consultant report!
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liam12548

EDIT: Still experiencing the crash even after swapping to the 1080 graphics card.

I believe I discovered the issue. My computer appears to have switched the the default graphics card (a low tier intel integrated card) instead of using the GTX 1080 to run ESO. I was able to switch the default card back to the GTX, and now I've played 4 hours without experiencing this crash.
    Edited by React on December 16, 2019 7:55PM
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Liam12548

I've gotten your game consultant and thank you for the update. On laptops with multiple video cards crashes can sometimes be a result of ESO not using the more powerful card on the PC. Our FAQ below goes over the settings on a laptop to ensure you are maximizing performance.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on my laptop?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liam12548

I've gotten your game consultant and thank you for the update. On laptops with multiple video cards crashes can sometimes be a result of ESO not using the more powerful card on the PC. Our FAQ below goes over the settings on a laptop to ensure you are maximizing performance.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on my laptop?

Thanks for the response, @ZOS_BillE . I've done the suggestions in the thread you linked, but I am still experiencing the crashes. Is there anything else you can suggest?
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    same