The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My Thoughts For ESO 2020 Cool Ideas And More. All Are Welcome. Lets Hear Some Great Ideas.

Xzysts
Xzysts
✭✭✭
So, I just joined the forums and for awhile wanted to post on here some Ideas I've had for the game and some possible things that could happened for the betterment of the game. Well I've finally joined and here is what I'd like to see in the possible future, or even some kind of spin-offs or similar ideas. I'd love to hear from more of you on this topic and maybe we can all share each other's ideas that could pull in new players, and bring back some of the veteran players as well. Thank you ZOS, for the work you put into this game that so many of us love.

Now, one of the many things I'd like to see are some new weapon skill lines. A Polearm or Spear Weapon line would be pretty could. Crossbows maybe? Now those could be interesting. Perhaps even alteration or illusion magic skill lines too. I had an idea that they could just create a full skill line of each kind of magic, destruction, restoration, alteration, illusion, and conjuration, outside of the weapon skill lines. It would allow them to make more in class stamina abilities for certain classes without taking too much away from magic users in their own class abilities. This would help allow all of the class users that like to use Stamina by opening up new morphs for them within their class skill lines, for instance StamSorc. The skill lines could work with any weapon equipped, which could also allow more potential builds for Hybrid players. I really like this idea, because their will be more diversity for everyone, as well as opening up a ton of new gameplay ideas and mechanics.

I also had another really fun PvP idea in which they make a new campaign in Cyrodiil, but take out the alliance based zones and keeps and open the doors to all of them. You no longer hold keeps, and you are no longer bound to alliance. Make certain keeps "Safe zones" where players can respawn after they die. Basically take Cyrodiil and make it open world free-for-all PVP, still allow group play but minimize group size to 4-6 people. An incentive for playing could be several things, one of which I thought could be cool, is having certain circles pop up on the map and when you go to that location and are inside the circle it grants an AP boost for all of the action that happens within that large area. Therefore it would let players know where battles are happening and offers an incentive for joining along in that area and battling. I feel there is a lot of potential and I know some people will say no and complain about whatever, but it is 100% possible and I think it would be a lot of fun. They could even make this campaign connect to Cyrodiil and have a seemless entry into Sewers. Perhaps even make the "Safe Zone" the upper half of the Imperial city and clear out all the Daedra and furnish it as if the City was never attacked by them. I love this idea so much, it would possibly be quite a bit of work for them, but I feel it could be a great addition into the game... Something fresh and different for a change. After playing for nearly 6 years now on both Xbox and PC, I think a lot of people would love to have some fresh PvP content to choose from. A sewers revival could be a warm welcome as well. Id love to hear any ideas about the game you guys have to share, that you think could be game-changing for the better.

Edit: Now, I don't mean to post again in my own thread so I will just make this an edit, but I recently saw a post on the game lacking some sort of in-game rewards. With this I do agree in a slight context, but it is nobodies fault. On top of what I mentioned about PvP in the above section I find these rewards could be a set of interesting items given to those who spend their time in Player vs. Player zones. The titles and emblems for PvP are great already, but I'd think it would be extremely cool to get a costume, mount, or skin for reaching the highest rank: Grand Overlord. As well as possibly adding in a new set of alliance motifs you could buy with AP once you hit that rank of Grand Overlord. You do in fact already earn the alliance motifs from Imperial Sewers, but I think it could be beneficial to allow Grand Overlord's to purchase their alliance motif with AP, similar to how we can purchase the Akaviri Motif already, but limit this function for those who are max rank. PvP is very fun in this game, but for some people they need an absolute goal to obtain. Following the alliance theme, I think a potential skin to unlock for you alliance upon hitting Grand Overlord, could be your Alliance color in some sort of Skin form. Whether it just looks like Red, Blue, or Yellow body paint on your character or if ZOS has a certain way they would like to pull it off. A possible mount could be an Akaviri War Horse, I am not sure what that would look like, but I'm sure a ZOS artist could come up with something very cool just by hearing the name of the mount. A pet or costume could work as well. I think a costume could be very cool and be unique to the certain alliance that you take part in. I feel a good way to keep people engaged would be to make the alliance rewards different for each faction, for instance, all alliances get a mount, skin, etc but each of their alliance reward is different in their own design etc. Lets say you are an AD Grand Overlord you get the skin and mount, but your skin is obviously Yellow or something related to AD, and your mount is different, lets say it is a Gryphon mount. ON DC HOWEVER, your skin is blue or relates to DC and maybe your mount is a Lion or welwa or something... you can still earn and use the other skins and mounts, but in order to unlock them you have to unlock them under each alliance. I feel this could potentially cut back on so many players stacking into the same alliance over and over, and give them a fresh experience battling in different parts of the map, as well as playing with new and different players. Like I said I think it could be great to have some cool rewards for hitting the highest PvP rank. Feel free to comment your ideas as well. Thanks for reading.
Edited by Xzysts on December 10, 2019 5:46PM
-Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
Community Discord: hK4dFwE7zZ
All-class player w/over 5,000 hours across multiple platforms
  • ZOS_Nith
    ZOS_Nith
    admin
    Hello! And welcome to the forums! As someone who enjoys that type of combat, I think polearms and spears would be a lot of fun. Thanks for taking the time to type all of that out and sharing some of your ideas with us. :)
    Staff Post
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Nith thanks for the feedback. I can't wait to see what gets brought to ESO this year. Thanks for all of the work you guys do!
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Nith wrote: »
    Hello! And welcome to the forums! As someone who enjoys that type of combat, I think polearms and spears would be a lot of fun. Thanks for taking the time to type all of that out and sharing some of your ideas with us. :)

Polearms and spears would be an awesome addition.

I hope for better server performance and bug fixes before adding more stuff, though.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Nith wrote: »

let me translate this for you: "Never going to happen but keep the engagement going"
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t wait for the super exciting 2 dungeon DLCs and 2 quest zone DLCs with 1 mini trial and no pvp content or general innovation!
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @Nemesis7884 Possibly not, but it would be cool. I think if we as players want to see positive impact and things changed in the game, we need more players who want to join the forums and do so in a positive manner. Trust me I am one for trolling, but I think many players may be disappointed where the game is at now, but how many do their part? How many go on the forums and post? How many submit support tickets on bugs?I know for sure I DID NOT take a good part in changing the game for the better for a long time. I don't know the answers, but I think it would be awesome to have a community where certain ideas get tossed around enough where they gain traction and eventually get added in. What are some cool ideas or concepts you'd like added to the game? I'd love to hear any ideas you have. This game has so much potential.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @Urvoth What ideas would you like added in? or what do you enjoy that you would like to be expanded on? I'm hoping this new chapter brings some great content and I hope one piece of content that would be great would be maybe a new open-world PvP zone.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a photo mode!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xzysts wrote: »
    @Nemesis7884 Possibly not, but it would be cool. I think if we as players want to see positive impact and things changed in the game, we need more players who want to join the forums and do so in a positive manner.

You ARE truly new here aren't you?... You know what my favorite activity is now in ESO? Sit here in the forum and watch new members and see their spirits getting slowly crushed until they turn into the same cynics as we other are ^^.

Come to the dark side! The cake is a lie!

Edited by Nemesis7884 on December 10, 2019 7:04PM
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @Nemesis7884 I do totally agree with you on it, but I am new here, but not new to the ESO heart-break :D . I think I am more so on the dark side and usually I am very critical of ZOS. I guess I am here because I think if I want to see a positive change, I have to take some charge on it. Unfortunately, like you said, many others probably felt the same way and got shut out. Hopefully though, we can make some changes and players can be happier with the state of the game. I really do think fresh PvP content that is extremely tidy and well-groomed could make EVERY PvP player happy. I know many are upset with Cyrodiil. Maybe a new open-world PvP zone could give ZOS some time to fix Cyrodiil while everyone enjoys a very tidy new zone/mode.

You know how sick Crossbows could be man??? I mean they could even just make crossbows have different passives than regular bows. Similar to how ice staves are different from inferno staves. I know a lot of people are talking about "Skyrim" being the new chapter and that it could possibly have the full town and college of winterhold? Maybe those magic skill lines I was talking about could become a thing!!! <3
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance, performance, performance. Fix damned lag, de-syncs, loading screens and other things which turn game into a joke as soon as server population reach peak values.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @MartiniDaniels I have heard that people relate a lot of the lag in PvP to the massive Zergs, and their spamming heals. Do you think limiting the group size and restricting healing to members of your groups would be a good idea? Apparently, when a heal is activated in a huge zerg like rapid regen, it has to go through and basically calculate who to give it to? and then it happens all the time.

I think limiting group size to 12 or less, and making healing in group only would be excellent place to start if thats the case.Performance can definitely be an issue in such a large PvP zone.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MartiniDaniels I have heard that people relate a lot of the lag in PvP to the massive Zergs, and their spamming heals. Do you think limiting the group size and restricting healing to members of your groups would be a good idea? Apparently, when a heal is activated in a huge zerg like rapid regen, it has to go through and basically calculate who to give it to? and then it happens all the time.

I think limiting group size to 12 or less, and making healing in group only would be excellent place to start if thats the case.Performance can definitely be an issue in such a large PvP zone.

No, I play solo most of the time and avoid big groups at all. In peak hour de-syncs, lag and so on start to happen even if there is only few players on screen.

Also you are right about reducing calculations etc, but it already led to nerf of several abilities in terms of to whom they apply, but lag and de-syncs are still there.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Urvoth What ideas would you like added in? or what do you enjoy that you would like to be expanded on? I'm hoping this new chapter brings some great content and I hope one piece of content that would be great would be maybe a new open-world PvP zone.

Lots of things, but I doubt zos will implement any of it. 2 team BGs/arenas with an actual ranking system, good performance, and pvp options for houses is a good start that shouldn’t require as much dev effort.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @MartiniDaniels Well, I am on PC NA and I know that just Steam users playing the game are average between 15k and peak is like 20k people. Now Steam is only calculating the players that bought the game through steam, even though Steam buyers and Non-Steam buyers are playing together still. So who knows how many people are on it. I'd like to see some exact numbers during peek times.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @Urvoth 2 team BG's would be great. sometimes that 3rd team just leeches off of your hard effort and 3rd parties everything. I think team duels would be cool. Like you and your friend in a group could duel another group? ALSO, I think duels should give you AP, but they'd have to form a system where people can't boost each other's AP.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually good ideas need time and money to do them.
    Also it means real focus on results rather than profit.
    Nuff said.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love a 2 man co-op Arena.

And my Bosmer stealth back.
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least a journal for a more personal experience of our character
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

This game was sold to us as a massive battlefield pvp where armies could fight other armies while sieging castles with trebuchets and such. They should deliver on that promise.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want is a return to a time when I could log in for a full night (3-4 hours for me) of playing without rampant disconnects, unexplained poor performance (in massive battles I expect some), and not stuck in combat for a ridiculously long time after combat has ended.
    Give me that, and I'll be excited about other changes. Until then, I just can't. No amount of lipstick makes the pig look better.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @svartorn Smaller groups and healing to groups only =/= no large scale battles. Nor does it really effect the siege of castles etc nor does it change the size of the map. The only thing it would change imo is requiring people to be more coordinated with other groups. Do you play PvP often? I'd love to hear your response.

“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”
    ― Lao Tzu
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pole arms and spears might not take much work

The animations are already in the game

Just go to the skywatch fighters guild and watch them sparing outside 🤓
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @Sandman929 Very true. I think in order for them to change performance they need to fix some of the weaker versions of how people play the game. Like group size and zergs for instance spamming heals. When there are 50 players in an area and you use a heal like rapid regen, the server has to calculate out of those 50 people who to heal. Now imagine that with a ton of people in one area AND all of them are using different healing abilities like that... it takes a lot of effort for the server to calculate. but if we limit group size to even 16 players in Cyrodiil, and restrict healing to group members, its will take off a lot of unnecessary server stress.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • BlackKnight556
    BlackKnight556
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love an actual Stalhrim armor style (frostcaster doesn't count) a global auction house, individually instanced resource nodes and a completely PVE version of Cyrodiil.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sandman929 Very true. I think in order for them to change performance they need to fix some of the weaker versions of how people play the game. Like group size and zergs for instance spamming heals. When there are 50 players in an area and you use a heal like rapid regen, the server has to calculate out of those 50 people who to heal. Now imagine that with a ton of people in one area AND all of them are using different healing abilities like that... it takes a lot of effort for the server to calculate. but if we limit group size to even 16 players in Cyrodiil, and restrict healing to group members, its will take off a lot of unnecessary server stress.

Agreed, but these calculations have always been there in zerging and the performance has gotten much worse with each patch.
    I think AoE healing and smart healing should all be group only, buffs as well. It's the sort of change they should at least try for a cycle if they're serious about improving performance.
    But I have to wonder why its necessary, because these things aren't new but performance is going downhill.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see a sword and spell weapon for mages and an unarmed weapon for stamina!
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd love to see bo staves, for physical fighters.
    also unarmed fist combat, maybe some kind of monk class? someone that punches and kicks would be cool.
    and I'd totally love some more creepy areas, some sort of dark foggy woods, or an abandoned village, dark castles, creepy swamps, etc. give me more dark fantasy vibes! <3
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @craybest I could not agree more, one of my favorite types of play for Skyrim was UNNARMED. It was so much fun. It would be cool to have a stamina based class.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @Sandman929 Yes I agree. For some reason performance has gone down hill, even though the game is still where it is at and a ton of people have ESO Plus and buy the chapters.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube