The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

bank bag needs enlarged

• MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather that Zos gives us a way to make it easier to categorize and making the overall experience of the inventory smoother.

For example give us the option to either create or buy containers. These containers would be able to be renamed and let's say put 10 items in each. These containers would create a much smoother experience, because we would be able create containers containers for sets and what I really want is for us to have an option to list by names and not by what type of item. I hate having to go through the entire bank just to get a few items out.

I had much the same wish! It is actually an enjoyable experience booting up a template character on the PTS because all the stuff is stored in a container. I would also be fine with these containers only being able to be stored either in our inventory or housing storage chests.

Additionally, if database load is an issue and the solution was adding storage not accessible via the bank I would very much like them to add more chests.

The only thing I hoard are crafting mats, and I only do so because of ESO+, but the problem I've not seen mentioned is when you're in the process of collecting gear for a toon. That gear is useless without a full set so it has to be stored, it also makes sense to try and collect as full of sets as possible in order to ensure that you can wear set A with set B based on whatever RNG deems you worthy of. I have also had happen more than once that I will decon something I don't think I need only to find a build a couple months later that uses it. When I go to buy it (as was suggested) the prices are already spiking or were expensive from the get go making it more punishment than pleasure to try out new build ideas.

People often complain about so many players copying one or two builds, but from a logistical standpoint that is the most efficient thing to do. In most cases top viable builds all use the same sets, so in a pinch you can easily transfer the same set of gear between toons. The problem lies in that this method is dull for some people, a container system coupled with extended storage "off the grid" would help alleviate this.

It could also help reduce load in guild traders as well, ZOS could add gear set containers that allow players to compile full sets of gear and sell them. There would, of course, need to be a way to ensure the player could not sell boxes of "mother's sorrow" that only have ta runes in them but that seems like a problem that could be solved.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Not really.

The furnishing bag idea, which is what I had mentioned is not housing. It is inventory of items not placed in a home. The relevance to the thread is Zos explanation why that is not being added as the same reasoning can be extended to making our bank inventory larger. Housing itself is not the issue as they have limited the size of the query for housing as they have limited the size of the query concerning our bank inventory.

/snip

However, to suggest the problem and reason we cannot have more bank space is due to housing as you are here does not make sense. As stated, they limited the size of that query. The larger the query the larger the load placed on the servers to deliver it. That is exactly what is happening when we go into our homes, and access our bank or bag inventory.

/snip
    After a good night's sleep and a coffee, I realized [snip] I will explain a bit more(abet simplified).

The GUI doesn't care what the button on it does. It is its own element. You could have inventory separated into 3 buttons.
    Button 1 and 2 can do what you see the current game do... Link to the exact same inventory or two inventory clusters all with the same immediate query priority. IE with these two buttons everything is constantly checked or preloaded somewhere so when you hit >I< you instantly get an open bag populated with items. Hell, you could even have a temp list loaded on the client for the illusion of faster access since inventory doesn't really change all that fast.

Minor edit for bait.

[snip]

I only quoted the first to paragraphs as most of the rest followed the second paragraph here. This is not what you have been discussing in any manner. You have not been discussing redesigning how Zos setup storage in your replies to me so do not come in talking about we do not have the same degree of common sense and you have to educate us. That is just being condescending in a way that is very much full of it. LOL

Regardless, while I have been critical of how Zos has managed this game I would expect that if reducing server load inventory causes was as easy as your new idea it would have already been done or would be in the Performance Improvement Plan they just started executing. Heck, maybe they will learn something from your new idea if they were not already turned off from this thread, though I do not think it would be that simple

Also, I am not suggesting Zos never again add more storage. All I did was state Zos' reasoning for not adding a furnishing bag (server load) and that the same reasoning would apply to adding more bank storage and you blasted me for that. I have merely tried to explain how db queries work and you argue about housing and such.

Minor edit for bait.

(snip)
    Telling you a new piece of code strapped to an old piece of code causing more server stress doesn't seem to sink in.
    Yes, it is easy to do whatever the heck you want with brand new code in a brand new element that connects to the game via a DOOR(simple contact). The fact that you just don't get backend storage just highlights the flaws in your argument even more. Cache/Backend systems have been around for over a decade. There is nothing to learn. A hobbyist can set up a basic system at home easily... Heck, they are the foundation of the modern internet... You know.. a thing that is pretty much just data storage and queries?

You don't seem to get that using the excuse that you cant add a bag for a product you JUST CREATED OUT OF BRAND NEW CODE is absolutely bonkers. If you knew touching the current inventory system was going to cause prohibitive load you know what you do? You don't touch the old crap and do something entirely new since you are starting from scratch anyway. You certainly don't take a stressed system and double down on failure.

You don't seem to grasp how DB queries work either. Not having a crafting bag actually makes searches slower because now they've dumped every housing pattern(and there is a crapton of them) into the main pool.

---
    Side note why is it always condescension? There is no such thing as a superior position in a debate. There is knowledge and perception of knowledge. In any debate, both sides are equal until a side chooses not to be. No one can force an inferior position. We are in a debate. Of course, I will not be deferential to you until you contribute a fact I cannot refute. That's the whole bloody point of debate.

(edited for baiting)
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 11, 2019 8:34PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think it is kinda sad that most posts of "how the game could be better" the only good argument of why shouldn't they do it is "because server cant handle it" and then it becomes an argument on if can they even implement it without f***ing up
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing post since moderators removed what I quoted. I find it pointlessto continue explaining what Zos has already said which is all stepped in here to do.

People should go enjoy the game.
    Edited by idk on December 11, 2019 7:58PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Yes, you can streamline, but there comes a point where you have run out of room, whatever you (reasonably) do.

i have 12 toons, everyone of them has at least 50 spaces left. my bank hovers between 220 and 230, depending on the surveys from writs i have, that i transfer to main max crafter. i do not have eso+. i have not ran out of room, i do everything in the game and have for almost 5 years. as i have said before, in this thread, there is no, reasonable, cap to inventory that hoarders would be okay with. if there is a cap, they will come against it.

Do you do housing seriously?

Is there really an answer to this that you would accept or would you keep moving those goalposts?

I'm not "moving goalposts".

Are you going to try to answer this, or any of the extremely salient points I made (earlier in the thread), or are you just going to make meaningless accusations?

Because, if it's the latter, I'm done.

Go and waste someone else's time.

Edited to remove a comment about alts, because I doubt you read my previous comment about them, as it was added after your (apparently pointless) reply.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 11, 2019 11:35AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can streamline, but there comes a point where you have run out of room, whatever you (reasonably) do.

i have 12 toons, everyone of them has at least 50 spaces left. my bank hovers between 220 and 230, depending on the surveys from writs i have, that i transfer to main max crafter. i do not have eso+. i have not ran out of room, i do everything in the game and have for almost 5 years. as i have said before, in this thread, there is no, reasonable, cap to inventory that hoarders would be okay with. if there is a cap, they will come against it.

Another thing is, I don't really do alts and I don't want to do alts.

So, I have not maximised storage on them, let alone bought new char slots.

I'm simply not interested in logging in and out, to different chars I don't play, all day.

I see far too many loading screens, as it is.

I'm a little interested in the juxtaposition of "I want more storage space" vs "I don't want to use alts".

Because alt characters are ESO's first and foremost answer to extra storage space. They were used as mules long before the Craft Bag existed or ESO+ got extra storage space. Even if you don't like the frequent loading, they can be very useful for storing items you need rarely.

For example, I have two mules that I use for items I need rarely: old once-meta sets and event rewards I'm hanging onto to sell in 6-8 months. Neither of them has a maxed inventory, just the cheap early bag space upgrades. I last logged onto my gear mule a few months ago to check if she was holding my Plague Doctor jewelry and old Briarheart weapons, so she's handy just for holding onto sets that were meta once and might be meta again.

That might not work for you and that's your prerogative.
    However, alts and mules are ESO's original solution to inventory management. We've got free character slots after all. Incidentally, the fact that most players don't fully max out their storage on alts was one of the reasons ZOS gave way, way back before Housing Storage chests were introduced for why they weren't increasing character/bank storage.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Lack of space is simply an L2P problem:

^ This person clearly has no idea what they are talking about.

You can make words mean everything if you cut the context. There was further explanation contained in that post. I've been playing this game for 4 years, but had no storage problem because I always planned in advance, using the solutions I enumerated there. Efficient inventory management, making gold, planning a build is also game knowledge, just like rotation, keeping up buffs, playing dungeon mechanics etc.

Clearly didn't do housing, to any significant extent, during that time, though. :neutral:

Well I have done several houses actually. The way I do it is using the bank more like a storage interchange between various forms of deeper storage - coffers & auxiliary characters. When I want to furnish a home I first pull as many items from the bank as possible on to characters that are active but I'm not currently playing (those have 100-170 slots available in their backpack despite having multiple sets), then take whatever furnishings I want to place there from deep storage to bank, and then start furnishing proper in that house. The preparation phase takes ~15 minutes, significantly less than the actual furnishing, which takes several hours to several days, because some of that furnishing is very finicky when placed in certain spaces; since I'm order obsessed in general I want it perfectly lined up to walls, door frames, lighting etc.

I use the same swap with master writs. 15 minutes preparation pulling them from deep storage and grabbing them on the characters where I will do them, followed by 5-6 hours of crafting for 5-6 months worth of master writs amounting ~20-25K vouchers.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lack of space is simply an L2P problem:

^ This person clearly has no idea what they are talking about.

You can make words mean everything if you cut the context. There was further explanation contained in that post. I've been playing this game for 4 years, but had no storage problem because I always planned in advance, using the solutions I enumerated there. Efficient inventory management, making gold, planning a build is also game knowledge, just like rotation, keeping up buffs, playing dungeon mechanics etc.

Clearly didn't do housing, to any significant extent, during that time, though. :neutral:

Well I have done several houses actually. The way I do it is using the bank more like a storage interchange between various forms of deeper storage - coffers & auxiliary characters. When I want to furnish a home I first pull as many items from the bank as possible on to characters that are active but I'm not currently playing (those have 100-170 slots available in their backpack despite having multiple sets), then take whatever furnishings I want to place there from deep storage to bank, and then start furnishing proper in that house. The preparation phase takes ~15 minutes, significantly less than the actual furnishing, which takes several hours to several days, because some of that furnishing is very finicky when placed in certain spaces; since I'm order obsessed in general I want it perfectly lined up to walls, door frames, lighting etc.

I use the same swap with master writs. 15 minutes preparation pulling them from deep storage and grabbing them on the characters where I will do them, followed by 5-6 hours of crafting for 5-6 months worth of master writs amounting ~20-25K vouchers.

But, you were the one who said we should be using storage houses (not bank space, or even alt bag space) for furnishings:
    It is good as it is. Lack of space is simply an L2P problem:
    1) Furnishings can be stored in homes, no need to clog your bank with it; buying some homes is cheaper than what would the next bank slot would cost if it were available, by looking at the price progression.

...and regarding that, you still haven't addressed any of this:

1. You can't decorate the houses you are using for storage (for obvious reasons).
    2. You can't access any of the stuff you have stored in houses, when you are decorating another house, so you have to do a longwinded tour of your storage houses, looking for items, all the time.
    3. In the case of furnishings that drop on a frequent basis (like branches, or certain paintings), it is far more efficient to simply dump them in your bank, than it is to have to travel to your storage house, all the time.
    4. When you have a lot of one item, it is more efficient to store it in the bank/in a chest, as it only takes up one space in there. As opposed to in a house, where it takes up multiple (valuable) slots.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 11, 2019 3:18PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) Furnishings can be stored in homes, no need to clog your bank with it; buying some homes is cheaper than what would the next bank slot would cost if it were available, by looking at the price progression.

I'm simply not interested in logging in and out, to different chars I don't play, all day.

I'm a little interested in the juxtaposition of "I want more storage space" vs "I don't want to use alts".

Because alt characters are ESO's first and foremost answer to extra storage space. They were used as mules long before the Craft Bag existed or ESO+ got extra storage space. Even if you don't like the frequent loading, they can be very useful for storing items you need rarely.

For example, I have two mules that I use for items I need rarely: old once-meta sets and event rewards I'm hanging onto to sell in 6-8 months. Neither of them has a maxed inventory, just the cheap early bag space upgrades. I last logged onto my gear mule a few months ago to check if she was holding my Plague Doctor jewelry and old Briarheart weapons, so she's handy just for holding onto sets that were meta once and might be meta again.

However, alts and mules are ESO's original solution to inventory management. We've got free character slots after all. Incidentally, the fact that most players don't fully max out their storage on alts was one of the reasons ZOS gave way, way back before Housing Storage chests were introduced for why they weren't increasing character/bank storage.

There's no juxtaposition, on my behalf.

ESO devs may think that logging alts all day is the answer to life, the universe and storage space, but I don't.

Simple as that.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and neither do most other games.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well looking at the price of the last bank space extension - 85,000 gold - and the fact that it increases in 5,000 gold increments you can extrapolate the price increase at 90,000 and 95,000 gold respectively for 250(500), 260(520) and so on and so forth. So those 10(20) space increments each cost more than the small, less glamorous small houses that give 100(200). Those are in the 40,000-75,000 gold ball park and none of them are too glamorous so it's kinda easy to decide to convert them to long term furnishing storage and instead go to one of the better medium, large or mansion to furnish instead, since those are prettier in general. So using small houses as storage is 12-20 times cheaper than the next bank upgrades would be if they were available. And yes, you can probably stack common furnishing in bank, but you'll have to use that space more efficiently by shifting less used items to deep storage.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Most players don't even play the game.

I gave up on the game after dealing with using alts as mulez. It wasted too much time and made the game a chore. Inventory management regularly leads me to take breaks from the game to play something that isn't made to be frustrating intentionally.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on December 11, 2019 3:53PM
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts were removed from this thread due to their non-constructive nature. Please remember to abide to the community rules in your discussions.
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no juxtaposition, on my behalf.

ESO devs may think that logging alts all day is the answer to life, the universe and storage space, but I don't.

Simple as that.

Like I said, that's your prerogative to not use one of the main, free solutions to not having enough storage space.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well looking at the price of the last bank space extension - 85,000 gold - and the fact that it increases in 5,000 gold increments you can extrapolate the price increase at 90,000 and 95,000 gold respectively for 250(500), 260(520) and so on and so forth. So those 10(20) space increments each cost more than the small, less glamorous small houses that give 100(200). Those are in the 40,000-75,000 gold ball park and none of them are too glamorous so it's kinda easy to decide to convert them to long term furnishing storage and instead go to one of the better medium, large or mansion to furnish instead, since those are prettier in general. So using small houses as storage is 12-20 times cheaper than the next bank upgrades would be if they were available. And yes, you can probably stack common furnishing in bank, but you'll have to use that space more efficiently by shifting less used items to deep storage.

Yes, you already said that.

But, you still haven't addressed any of this:

1. You can't decorate the houses you are using for storage (for obvious reasons).
    2. You can't access any of the stuff you have stored in houses, when you are decorating another house, so you have to do a longwinded tour of your storage houses, looking for items, all the time.
    3. In the case of furnishings that drop on a frequent basis (like branches, or certain paintings), it is far more efficient to simply dump them in your bank, than it is to have to travel to your storage house, all the time.
    4. When you have a lot of one item, it is more efficient to store it in the bank/in a chest, as it only takes up one space in there. As opposed to in a house, where it takes up multiple (valuable) slots.

Apart from to decide, for others, that they don't mind not decorating some of their houses.

Everyone (who has played for more than 5 mins) already knows you can use houses as storage and everyone who does housing already does.

The problem is, there are serious issues with it, listed above.

Seeing as you guys seem to love your lists.

...and I already explained that I am not, personally, interested in "deep storage", as a solution, which is apparently what you call logging alts all day.

I pay for ESO+ and no other games, even genuinely free-to-play games, like GW2, make me do it.

Edited by Tigerseye on December 11, 2019 11:42PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing, of course, is that if you use your alts as mules, you can't really play them.

As you have no spare bag room on them.

So, if you want to maximise storage, you can't furnish (at least) some of your houses and you can't play any of your alts.

Unless you buy more, obviously, but then you will end up with a very long list of characters to search through (and to try to remember who has what).

All this is possible, but it's really not fun.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe me, I am there, and I don’t even collect furnishings. The lack of new inventory for all the constantly new stuff that’s thrown at us is the second most unfun aspect of ESO.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing, of course, is that if you use your alts as mules, you can't really play them.

So, if you want to maximise storage, you can't furnish (at least) some of your houses and you can't play any of your alts.

Unless you buy more, obviously, but then you will end up with a very long list of characters to search through (and to try to remember who has what).

So many of these inventory management threads seem to come down to "Its possible, but its not fun for me."

I already explained how I manage my mule alts so that your outlined problems don't bother me, so I'll just leave that part be.

And of course, YMMV on what "fun" means, from hoarding furnishings or gear sets to keeping a lean inventory. We've seen everything in between from hoarders to pitchers on this thread.

While I understand the "ZOS should change stuff to make it fun for me and players like me" argument, the corollary is always "Okay, so how are the changes needed to make it fun for you more profitable than the status quo is for ZOS?" Without hearing stronger arguments in that vein, I can't help but think that ZOS has very little incentive to their time and effort into making the proposed changes, since the status quo is often rather profit-driven in the vein of "make a problem, sell the solution."

That's something I'd like to see more of: players supporting their "I want to see this change" suggestions with robust arguments about why and how their change is more profitable for ZOS across the whole playerbase than the status quo. I hope that will make those suggestions more likely to succeed in convincing ZOS.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demanding players suffer through unreasonably long load screens just to access some of their items is an unreasonable “solution”. Bank space has not been increased since release. Not once. Despite Summerset alone adding a few dozen crafting materials. Despite Homestead introducing an absurd amount of new items. Despite every DLC adding more and more and more items to the game, we haven’t even gotten a single increase in bank space.

Alts are not a storage medium, they’re the hassle people settle for and put up with only because there is no good solution for storage in ESO for a player that goes for a wide variety of content. If you play PvE on a healer, you need over half a dozen full sets to interchange, there’s half an entire maxed inventory gone. If you want to be able to run dungeons and trials without stopping every other trash pull because of all the junk that ends up in your inventory. The account/character locked items has done nothing to help the inventory issues either.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So many of these inventory management threads seem to come down to "Its possible, but its not fun for me."

I already explained how I manage my mule alts so that your outlined problems don't bother me, so I'll just leave that part be.

And of course, YMMV on what "fun" means, from hoarding furnishings or gear sets to keeping a lean inventory. We've seen everything in between from hoarders to pitchers on this thread.

While I understand the "ZOS should change stuff to make it fun for me and players like me" argument, the corollary is always "Okay, so how are the changes needed to make it fun for you more profitable than the status quo is for ZOS?" Without hearing stronger arguments in that vein, I can't help but think that ZOS has very little incentive to their time and effort into making the proposed changes, since the status quo is often rather profit-driven in the vein of "make a problem, sell the solution."

That's something I'd like to see more of: players supporting their "I want to see this change" suggestions with robust arguments about why and how their change is more profitable for ZOS across the whole playerbase than the status quo. I hope that will make those suggestions more likely to succeed in convincing ZOS.

Well, seeing as people, on this thread, have stated that they take breaks from the game, that they otherwise wouldn't, simply due to recurring inv management issues, I would say that ZoS choosing not to address these issues is, almost certainly, unprofitable for them.

It is not for me to tell ZOS exactly how to maximise their profits (or minimise their potential losses), however.

I have put forward some solutions on this forum, in the past, but I have no idea which ones are possible, or not.

I know there are lots of potential solutions that have already been, or could potentially be, implemented in other games of this type.

However, we are constantly being told that this game is not made like other games and so, has issues that other games do not.

So, it would have to be up to ZOS to figure out specific solutions, as they (presumably) know what they are dealing with and so, what is possible, or not.

Edited by Tigerseye on December 12, 2019 4:21AM
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    with all the new content and items the max of 480 for banking bags needs to increase.

First of stop hoarding every single item in the game. And learn to sell, breakdown for crafting. Are you willing to pay for it? We are talking about Bethesda here. Although technically Zenimax made this game. Do you want this to be another fallout 76 situation? Because that's what will end up happening.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with all the new content and items the max of 480 for banking bags needs to increase.

First of stop hoarding every single item in the game. And learn to sell, breakdown for crafting. Are you willing to pay for it? We are talking about Bethesda here. Although technically Zenimax made this game. Do you want this to be another fallout 76 situation? Because that's what will end up happening.

The actual bank space cap is 240, not 480. Having to pay money ad infinitum to offset the intense frustration of inventory management is not a point in ZOS’s favor, and only highlights the weakness of arguments insisting we have enough space for a variety of gameplay.

There isn’t enough space for active players if they’re fully engaged with the game. If they have a crafter, a dps, a healer, and a tank, that’s all of their bank space gone. Alchemy mats alone can take nearly half of the bank cap. Jewelry upgrade mats are another 8, two more for the base materials, another ~8 for usable trait materials. Keeping trait materials for master writs bloats into savings even more. Basic materials and upgrade mats make another 20.

If you want those to be usable in an convenient way they have to be banked. If you save motifs or recipes with a rotating value cycle, that’s even more space gone. If you don’t want to be carrying half your max inventory in alternate sets on your healer and tank, those will take the rest of your bank space.

240 isn’t remotely reasonable at this point in the game, 5 entire years and more than 10 DLCs laters. ESO+ should mean excessive storage space, not barely enough, and the base storage space should be suitable for an active player to use conveniently.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

The actual bank space cap is 240, not 480. Having to pay money ad infinitum to offset the intense frustration of inventory management is not a point in ZOS’s favor, and only highlights the weakness of arguments insisting we have enough space for a variety of gameplay.

There isn’t enough space for active players if they’re fully engaged with the game. If they have a crafter, a dps, a healer, and a tank, that’s all of their bank space gone. Alchemy mats alone can take nearly half of the bank cap. Jewelry upgrade mats are another 8, two more for the base materials, another ~8 for usable trait materials. Keeping trait materials for master writs bloats into savings even more. Basic materials and upgrade mats make another 20.

If you want those to be usable in an convenient way they have to be banked. If you save motifs or recipes with a rotating value cycle, that’s even more space gone. If you don’t want to be carrying half your max inventory in alternate sets on your healer and tank, those will take the rest of your bank space.

240 isn’t remotely reasonable at this point in the game, 5 entire years and more than 10 DLCs laters. ESO+ should mean excessive storage space, not barely enough, and the base storage space should be suitable for an active player to use conveniently.

It's a good thing I'm not fully engaged with the game. And the bottom line is Zenimax is going to make you pay for it. I'm sure you have heard of Fallout 1st :D
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭

actually, bag space is 200 and bank IS 480......
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no written rule requiring any player to keep every one of the 400+ gear sets in the game.

Stop hoarding.

A fully maxed player account has nearly 4,000 inventory slots including bank, character inventory, mount bag space, and furnishing storage. That’s plenty of space.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bank space cap is 240, this isn't an opinion it's literally in the game.

Being required to paying $15 a month to have a remotely manageable time (aka not having to hop across alts to grab mats just to be able to upgrade a piece of gear or make some potions) with inventory management is a sign of it's absolutely terrible design. Of course that is entirely intentional, making players feel obligated to pay not to be forced to waste time with the awful inventory system, but it's not less awful for being intentional.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With subscription I have:
    Bag: 205 x 18 = 3690
    Storage chests: 4 x 60 + 4 x 30 = 360
    Bank = 480
    Gear worn by characters 18 x 12 = 216 (actually more since some have 2W/Bow or 1H+S x 2 setups)
    In total 4746+ slots available of which I probably use only 2000-2500 most of the time

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bank space cap is 240, this isn't an opinion it's literally in the game.

Being required to paying $15 a month to have a remotely manageable time (aka not having to hop across alts to grab mats just to be able to upgrade a piece of gear or make some potions) with inventory management is a sign of it's absolutely terrible design. Of course that is entirely intentional, making players feel obligated to pay not to be forced to waste time with the awful inventory system, but it's not less awful for being intentional.

Much of what we keep we never use. So it is a stress we mostly put upon ourselves. Granted, as you pointed out Zos does give us a choice do double our bank and get a crafting bag but that is a choice, not an obligation. While some crafting matts have been added to the game since the crafting bag I made it just fine before the crafting bag and before the double bank space.

Ironically, when the crafting bag and double bank space were added to the game. Both times I ended up with no more additional free space in my inventory than before they added it. It is because players like myself will hoard items because we can. It is really irrelevant how many sets are in game that I can hoard because most of those sets I will never use. Of the ones I will use I will hoard much more than necessary.