The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The life of a solo player in PvP

Unfadingsilence
Unfadingsilence
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/5gpB3Q6isUY

What I truly deal with on a daily basis in pvp 🤦‍♂️
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So — with the exception of the first fight where you hit a terrible lag spike, it looks like you tried (emphasis on tried) to 1vX people who were better than you? 1vX only works on absolute potatoes. If you’re looking for 1v1 just go to the dueling hot spots.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    So — with the exception of the first fight where you hit a terrible lag spike, it looks like you tried (emphasis on tried) to 1vX people who were better than you? 1vX only works on absolute potatoes. If you’re looking for 1v1 just go to the dueling hot spots.

Yep I tried yet most of the people of Xv1ed me have already been 1vXed by me in the video or early on this last week in my other videos. The key point is it's just a lonely lonely road in pvp as a solo player and getting a good 1vX now and then are pretty hard. BUT atleast I still have some wonderful 1v5-1v18 clips especially when they are max levels ;)
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep I tried yet most of the people of Xv1ed me have already been 1vXed by me in the video or early on this last week in my other videos. The key point is it's just a lonely lonely road in pvp as a solo player and getting a good 1vX now and then are pretty hard. BUT atleast I still have some wonderful 1v5-1v18 clips especially when they are max levels ;)

I Don't really understand what you want to bring into the light with this clip. if it's the lagspike in the beginning, there are already hundreds of threads on that topic. If it's that you didn't do that well and just "trying" to brag about your 1v5-1v8 clips which aren't in the video, I don't know 🤔

Or do you want to shine the light onto that 1vX don't always work out? Because most people in cyrodiil have killed a solo player trying to 1vX
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on December 7, 2019 1:38AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see you "dealing" with, is getting zerged down because you've made yourself into an annoyance. When you're 1v1 or vs a small group you're wrecking people easily.

Being a solo player also doesn't have to be lonely. Zerg surfing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I Don't really understand what you want to bring into the light with this clip. if it's the lagspike in the beginning, there are already hundreds of threads on that topic. If it's that you didn't do that well and just "trying" to brag about your 1v5-1v8 clips which aren't in the video, I don't know 🤔

No those are in other videos 🤦‍♂️ I'm not bringing anything to light just showing the day in the life of a TRUE solo player and not some zergling like 99% of ESO PvPer. I'm sorry truly sorry if you are that 99% 🤷‍♂️
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vX is impressive, but just because they are 810 doesn’t mean they aren’t potatoes — I can consistently 1vX a particular group in Cyrodiil, all max lvl, bc they are horrible players. I can’t 1v3 a particular ball group because I know they’ll hand me my lunch then eat it in front of me.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    All I see you "dealing" with, is getting zerged down because you've made yourself into an annoyance. When you're 1v1 or vs a small group you're wrecking people easily.

NEVER WILL I ZERG SURF!!! Unless I'm in full RP mode 🤔
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's just stop right there. Zerg sarfing is not solo play. The amount of times ive been hate whispered by people who claim they "are solo players and not with the zerg" after they got "2v1" by me and my buddy is crazy. If you were standing next to 15 other players you weren't solo and you werent Xv1'd lol.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vX is impressive, but just because they are 810 doesn’t mean they aren’t potatoes — I can consistently 1vX a particular group in Cyrodiil, all max lvl, bc they are horrible players. I can’t 1v3 a particular ball group because I know they’ll hand me my lunch then eat it in front of me.

This is true very true and with that being said I feel as if you are truly not a zergling and you my friend are truly in the small 1% who are wonderful solo players 🙌
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Unfadingsilence you do realize some of the best players in the game zerg? It’s not mutually exclusive concept. There is good and bad players. Solo can be either, small group can be either, and zerg can be either. Some of the best duelist I know are often in small ball groups or large scale zergs.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Unfadingsilence you do realize some of the best players in the game zerg? It’s not mutually exclusive concept. There is good and bad players. Solo can be either, small group can be either, and zerg can be either. Some of the best duelist I know are often in small ball groups or large scale zergs.

I understand I just never group been solo dolo since the beginning
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No those are in other videos 🤦‍♂️ I'm not bringing anything to light just showing the day in the life of a TRUE solo player and not some zergling like 99% of ESO PvPer. I'm sorry truly sorry if you are that 99% 🤷‍♂️

Well I'm sure as he'll ain't interested in watching your other videos if this is the best one you have to show us. The reason why you made this thread is obviously trying to get more views on your YouTube channel.

I've played in cyro mainly for several years and I enjoy playing in coordinated large ballgroups too small-scale groups and solo play. So don't try to insiunate that I'm a random "zerger" just because I'm calling you out on you trying to brag / get more views on your channel.I've 1vX multiple times and it's fun as hell, but I'm not trying to "brag" and get 20 extra views on a bad clip.
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on December 7, 2019 2:07AM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the days when small group play meant your group of 4 or 5 would try to wipe large groups.

Now it means standing outside Bleakers or Sej waiting to pounce on solo players, then running away when a larger group is provoked.

My absolute favorite thing is when these groups of 4 or 5 jump a solo player, but tell themselves they aren't zerging, but will complain about zergs when they get hit by a group of 25, even though the numbers work out either way being outnumbered 5 to 1. 🤷‍♂️

Cyrodiil would be a lot less salty if we all understood all playstyles are viable and we should all spend our time killing as we like best, without all the bitching..
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My 2 cents worth. Why start discussions about soloing in Cyrodiil, when the alliance war was created for large scale combat. Want to tear my hair out every time the phrase zergling is bandied about. 2 vs 1, its a zerg, 5 vs 4, its a zerg, etc :# Too many ego's when it comes to pvp & cyrodiil. Still remember a former streamer/player who would abuse people in zone chat and put them on ignore before anyone had the chance to reply, after killing the player, because the player was in a group and not roaming solo.
    Edited by phairdon on December 7, 2019 2:57AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, PvP...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me show you what your comment looks like
    [img][/img]tb8ticV.png
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Why start discussions about soloing in Cyrodiil, when the alliance war was created for large scale combat.

This, so much.
    Cyrodiil was made for group play. Doesn't matter if you zerg, terran, or protoss - cooperation is key. You can run around as a single SCV (or Probe, if you have shields), but don't be surprised when an army on their way to an actual engagement bug-swaps you.

Come to think of it, "you're a pro tosser" for smaller groups consisting of higher-skilled players, is a very nicely veiled insult. :D
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My 2 cents worth. Why start discussions about soloing in Cyrodiil, when the alliance war was created for large scale combat. Want to tear my hair out every time the phrase zergling is bandied about. 2 vs 1, its a zerg, 5 vs 4, its a zerg, etc :# Too many ego's when it comes to pvp & cyrodiil. Still remember a former streamer/player who would abuse people in zone chat and put them on ignore before anyone had the chance to reply, after killing the player, because the player was in a group and not roaming solo.

People who complain about zergs are the biggest zergs.
    Here is a very recent example:

A fellow AD person I don't know says in zone chat about 30+ DC in front of Brindle and he/she is alone. Like every sane person in the alliance I and plenty other people just port before it is under attack. (not in group or whatever)

Then I see one guy in a PvE guild saying "I am in the middle of a zerged-down right now and dead!"
    I recognize the name and check, yup that is the guy we killed. And he is in Cyrodil.
    Note that we are maybe 10-15 while they are full 30+
    Because it makes sense to die to 10-15 people when you are in a full-pug raid, huh.
    Because that is what makes you cool.
    How much of a good player you are that you get zerged down.

You just want free AP, free ego boost.
    You don't go sieging people's castles and expect to find 2-3 people.
    I am not in a group but I follow the map like every reasonable person, most often I don't know the people I am running with and war just happens.
    But on a side note, I'd be happy to make more friends and group up with them!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a PvPr, but the main thing I got out of the video was the t-bagging.

As for who's the better player, I don't see how you can watch a lone player getting killed by several other players and say that the lone player was less skilled or less powered. Even if it was just two against one, and all three were exactly equal in every way, wouldn't the two be expected to win out against the one?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes alliance war was created for large scale combat but Cyrodill was not created for alliance war exclusively. Play the way You like they've said. Soloing and small scale are the same part of Cyrodill experience like running in large group and to certain extent they're even part of alliance war. When for example small group or solo player decides to visit roads into the large fight and kill people heading into keep battle or atleast delay their arrival there then that small group or solo player are effectively taking the part in alliance war by cutting of enemy force from getting reinforcments. It's pretty narrow point of view to think that only fights that matters for alliance war are large scale battles. And I rarely see people saying that 2v1 or 5v4 is a zerg fight.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 7, 2019 10:52AM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep them videos coming. Always good fun to watch NB action. :)

And it would actually be nice if people more often also show the fights that went badly, highlight reels of only the wins makes people sort of memes. As an example, there is a certain content creator on PC EU who has lost all of their 1vs1 against me, but not even once it has been shown on the vids.. always just meme hightlight reel of clapping easier targets, had some people watching and saying "i bet this is not ending up on the video lol".

So it is nice you show some deaths too. And getting tbagged means you have triggered them enough and for them that is like popping a champagne bottle of victory and having some fun with you.. uh, with your corpse. Wait, that sounded wrong also.

Anyways, not getting tbagged much, maybe once a week.. then again, i have never done it to anyone. Is that even a thing that girls do? :D

Solo nb playing is fun, but lonely yes.. and some below average people can really hate you with passion, get a lot of whispers, that all you use is "cheese" or that you cheat (some not understand basic mechanics/skills/sets) because their skills keep saying "miss" and so they "i am reporting you". :joy:

Back to Cyrodiil now for me, got sidetracked and ranting sorry, keep em vids coming! :)
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't been in Cyrodiil for actual pvp since Murkmire... But life of a solo player in IC is rather fun :) Of course it's not always fair fights, many people there zerg too or have no honor. But I've never seen same amount of funny meetings/good fights in Cyrodiil, as I see in IC almost every day.

1) Me and 1 red don't interfere in somebody's fight:

wqN9liF.jpg

2) I arrived to flag and met 2 blues there. We killed world boss together afterwards, and then 1 blue in Jester costume tried to kill me :D He didn't succeed, and we eventually parted our ways.

f8WgUKL.jpg

3) Very fun random meeting :) Everyone had some duels there, except for that blue argonian, whom I suggested to duel in whisper. Eventually we were zerged by some red group.
    After time, blue argonian proved himself just another zerg player (who run in group and mow down everyone they see without any thought - same as we were mowed down by red group that day :) ). The blue player who is staying on the flag proved himself nice player afterwards...

zWUMwRm.jpg

4) ...When I met him and his 2 friends on their red characters some days later, he didn't attack me. His friends started to attack me, but apparently they were on voice chat and he told them to stop, and they stopped to attack <3 Then we also met other blue. There was also one yellow necromancer earlier than I took this screenshot. They had some duels with red necromancer and red templar, was nice to watch. Then yellow necro left, and a yellow magblade arrived. Blue player started duel with me, but then he run away... After few weeks he proved himself just another zerg player, who didn't engage in fight when he was alone, but happily zerged me when few of his allies arrived :D

P9rQyMb.jpg

5) I met two blue questers (typical PvE DD and healer) and wasn't going to attack them. However, they started to attack me :) I killed DD first, then had some fun with healer. Some red player arrived and was watching this :D Blue templar was using Radiant Destruction on me while I was standing at full health. After being interrupted few times, he gave up and resurrected his ally. They continued their questing, but I saw two other yellows killing them afterwards... I think that those 2 blue questers would happily zerg me down if they had more numbers, but that particular day it was sad to see them die very fast.

xc1xBJT.jpg

6) Just a few days ago, I arrived in Memorial district and accidentally observed some epic blue group vs red group fight. At first I thought somebody will simply zerg me down, but I wouldn't have any fun if I was cowardly avoiding people in IC ;) One blue sorc (who was dueling with red player on my first screenshot) light attacked me. But we met each other few times before, and even killed world boss together, so he didn't attack me more.
    I was wathing their fight for few minutes. Blue sorc and blue warden eventually were last men standing versus outnumbering reds, I even thought that their fight is lost. But then rest of blue players joined, and they could kill red group. Then blue warden approached me, and I mentally prepared to be zerged down finally - from observing good fight in awe to being dishonorably outnumbered... But he only performed cheering emote. I did this as well, and we parted our ways with blue group. Then I met two of them again, and had some mounts showcase with one of them :smiley:

Yk1ZCCe.jpg

And it's just a very little of all the fun meetings and fights I had there :) So in my opinion, solo life is the best - no zerg mentality pressure, freedom of choice.

Playing duo and in group can be fun, but only if we fight same amount of enemies. Unfortunately I was able to participate in good duo/group fights only 3 times during this 3 years :/ Once in IC, I joined other player specially to kill particular enemy duo. They had flag guards on their side, but it didn't help them... It was very fun and satisfying (especially since those two reds often run in larger group and mow everyone down) :)
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts were removed from this thread due to their non-constructive nature. Please remember to abide to the community rules in your discussions.
    Staff Post
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who stick to a “zerg” will not fully know how to play as good as a solo player. “Solo players“ know how to properly los and utilize there own sustain. I personally prefer to go “small scale” groups or even 2vX due to the mass amounts of zergs. Im particularly talking about 12-24 people chasing one person across the whole map.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    People who stick to a “zerg” will not fully know how to play as good as a solo player. “Solo players“ know how to properly los and utilize there own sustain. I personally prefer to go “small scale” groups or even 2vX due to the mass amounts of zergs. Im particularly talking about 12-24 people chasing one person across the whole map.

Why can't someone enjoy all 3 of those play styles? They each offer thier own unique PvP experience.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They definitely can. Most solo players play smale scale. Typically you wont see those players zerg because of the lack of competition. Some exceptions are last emp keep or a push for scroll. Other than that its pretty boring spamming randoms skills and executes in a 24 man group. My opinion.

Also zergs are very important to take the map... Just not as much skill needed.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »

Why can't someone enjoy all 3 of those play styles? They each offer thier own unique PvP experience.

That's what I do. I play solo, small group and in 24man ball groups depending on my mood and whose online. I have fun with all aspects of cyrodiil pvp.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I haven't been in Cyrodiil for actual pvp since Murkmire... But life of a solo player in IC is rather fun :) Of course it's not always fair fights, many people there zerg too or have no honor. But I've never seen same amount of funny meetings/good fights in Cyrodiil, as I see in IC almost every day.

1) Me and 1 red don't interfere in somebody's fight:

wqN9liF.jpg

2) I arrived to flag and met 2 blues there. We killed world boss together afterwards, and then 1 blue in Jester costume tried to kill me :D He didn't succeed, and we eventually parted our ways.

f8WgUKL.jpg

3) Very fun random meeting :) Everyone had some duels there, except for that blue argonian, whom I suggested to duel in whisper. Eventually we were zerged by some red group.
    After time, blue argonian proved himself just another zerg player (who run in group and mow down everyone they see without any thought - same as we were mowed down by red group that day :) ). The blue player who is staying on the flag proved himself nice player afterwards...

zWUMwRm.jpg

4) ...When I met him and his 2 friends on their red characters some days later, he didn't attack me. His friends started to attack me, but apparently they were on voice chat and he told them to stop, and they stopped to attack <3 Then we also met other blue. There was also one yellow necromancer earlier than I took this screenshot. They had some duels with red necromancer and red templar, was nice to watch. Then yellow necro left, and a yellow magblade arrived. Blue player started duel with me, but then he run away... After few weeks he proved himself just another zerg player, who didn't engage in fight when he was alone, but happily zerged me when few of his allies arrived :D

P9rQyMb.jpg

5) I met two blue questers (typical PvE DD and healer) and wasn't going to attack them. However, they started to attack me :) I killed DD first, then had some fun with healer. Some red player arrived and was watching this :D Blue templar was using Radiant Destruction on me while I was standing at full health. After being interrupted few times, he gave up and resurrected his ally. They continued their questing, but I saw two other yellows killing them afterwards... I think that those 2 blue questers would happily zerg me down if they had more numbers, but that particular day it was sad to see them die very fast.

xc1xBJT.jpg

6) Just a few days ago, I arrived in Memorial district and accidentally observed some epic blue group vs red group fight. At first I thought somebody will simply zerg me down, but I wouldn't have any fun if I was cowardly avoiding people in IC ;) One blue sorc (who was dueling with red player on my first screenshot) light attacked me. But we met each other few times before, and even killed world boss together, so he didn't attack me more.
    I was wathing their fight for few minutes. Blue sorc and blue warden eventually were last men standing versus outnumbering reds, I even thought that their fight is lost. But then rest of blue players joined, and they could kill red group. Then blue warden approached me, and I mentally prepared to be zerged down finally - from observing good fight in awe to being dishonorably outnumbered... But he only performed cheering emote. I did this as well, and we parted our ways with blue group. Then I met two of them again, and had some mounts showcase with one of them :smiley:

Yk1ZCCe.jpg

And it's just a very little of all the fun meetings and fights I had there :) So in my opinion, solo life is the best - no zerg mentality pressure, freedom of choice.

Playing duo and in group can be fun, but only if we fight same amount of enemies. Unfortunately I was able to participate in good duo/group fights only 3 times during this 3 years :/ Once in IC, I joined other player specially to kill particular enemy duo. They had flag guards on their side, but it didn't help them... It was very fun and satisfying (especially since those two reds often run in larger group and mow everyone down) :)

heya im new to stamplar and was just wondering if u could tell me what ur runnin on ur frontbar and what sets u be using
    at a place nobody knows
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The life of a solo player in PvP
    I can imagine...
    C6Aum_FVMAExrTW.jpg
    :p;):lol:
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i don't get why people complain about zerg? Cyrodiil is about massive battles as teams and not solo dueling. I can understand that people want that and yeah there is the true skill. If you wanna do solo duels then go duel and don't go to cyro. You also don't have the performance problem there. Or is it that you wanna go 2vsX? Then you are a bit of a zergling yourself too no?
    also known as Overlich.