The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Uhm, ZOS what the hell is this?

Megatto
Megatto
✭✭✭✭✭
5ebfa1ca5c31bccfef1c3d2b186cc2d6.png
Remove loot boxes or riot

Best Answers

• FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is from Gina after it happened.....

The vendor we use to power the ESO forums reset all user passwords for partners that had upgraded to their most recent software version, which included the ESO forums. You are required to reset your password as a security precaution to address a potential security issue in their forum software. Please be aware that ESO forum accounts are completely separate from your ESO game account, so your existing credentials can still be used to access the game. To log into your forum account, simply go to the sign in screen and reset your password. As soon as we receive more information from the vendor, we'll pass it on.
    Answer ✓
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vendor we use to power the ESO forums reset all user passwords for partners that had upgraded to their most recent software version, which included the ESO forums. You are required to reset your password as a security precaution to address a potential security issue in their forum software. Please be aware that ESO forum accounts are completely separate from your ESO game account, so your existing credentials can still be used to access the game. To log into your forum account, simply go to the sign in screen and reset your password. As soon as we receive more information from the vendor, we'll pass it on.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6463909#Comment_6463909
    Answer ✓
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All explained in another topic, Dev Tracker is always worth checking. It sounds like ZOS had as much notice as we did, it wasn't down to them.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6463909#Comment_6463909
    Answer ✓
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's already a thread on it, with an answer. TLDR: Vanilla (the forum host) had some sort of issue with its upgraded software allowing access to user data (not financial) and its patch reset all passwords for forum users on forums that use the upgraded software. Nothing to do with ZoS.
    Answer ✓
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes they did that without letting us know beforehand. Happened to me too
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I had this upon trying to log-in today. Reset my password and all seems normal but would like to know why
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I wasn't the only one.
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    even their contractors suck... low cost all around lol
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thought I got banned when I saw it this morning.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    There's already a thread on it, with an answer. TLDR: Vanilla (the forum host) had some sort of issue with its upgraded software allowing access to user data (not financial) and its patch reset all passwords for forum users on forums that use the upgraded software. Nothing to do with ZoS.

:D:D:D

Right. More like ZoS didn't keep tabs on software they pay a premium fee for. Yes, another company maintains these forums but surely whoever the main administration is for ZoS at least received an email regarding the upcoming updates, the vulnerability was reported October 31st

It's a simple thing that should have had a simple outcome had they communicated to their user base (us).
    Edited by scorpius2k1 on November 18, 2019 10:47PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does it look like? Its a notice to change your password.....I do this at work every 90 days
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »

:D:D:D

Right. More like ZoS didn't keep tabs on software they pay a premium fee for. Yes, another company maintains these forums but surely whoever the main administration is for ZoS at least received an email regarding the upcoming updates, the vulnerability was reported October 31st

It's a simple thing that should have had a simple outcome had they communicated to their user base (us).

Um, you might reread the timeline in your own link. Vanilla didn't find out about the vulnerability until Nov 15th, patched it pretty quickly, and started resetting passwords.

We don't know what ZOS knew and when, but at least try to get the dates right when you point us to Vanilla's own incident report.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 18, 2019 10:53PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With the question of this thread being answered here, we're going to go ahead and close this thread. Appreciate everyone who came to answer the threads question as well!

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.