The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Permanent loading screen when exiting dungeons....

huntgod_ESO
huntgod_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So every other dungeon I run, when I exit out, I get a permanent loading screen and have to close and reload the game.

PC_NA
--- HuntGod ---
Officer of the Unrepentant
www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    So every other dungeon I run, when I exit out, I get a permanent loading screen and have to close and reload the game.

PC_NA
    (1) Are you sure that the loading screen is "permanent" and that the mega-server is not just spending a rather long time to return your character to their previous location ( where the character was before the character entered the dungeon)? Does Windows inform you that the game client is not responding when you attempt to Quit the game?

(2) Are you using the Activity Finder to choose dungeons?
      Of course, a character can teleport from within a dungeon or Trial to any wayshrine in Tamriel. However, a player who does that after using the Activity Finder to choose the dungeon or Trial (from which the character teleports) might have a problem while using the Activity Finder again to choose another dungeon or Trial.

(3) So, this happens only after running the second, fourth, sixth, .... consecutive dungeon, correct? Did you do anything with your character after exiting the previous dungeon except use the Activity Finder to choose another dungeon from the same location?

IIRC, a player must always wait until the character has been returned to their location outside a dungeon (or Trial) before choosing to enter another dungeon (or Trial). There was a time when it was reportedly possible to enter another dungeon without exiting the current one, but the outcome was unpredictable and it was usually a malfunction.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming permanent, after around 5 minutes I just close out the game.

I use group/activity finder, enter dungeon. Finish dungeon. Used to leave group and be ported back after 10-15 seconds, but now when you leave group the timer never decays, so I leave group and then use the fast travel addon to tp to another zone, then sit at loading screen for 30-60 seconds and I'm in the other zone.

Issue crops up after I do another, and when I go to teleport out after finishing I just sit at the loading screen, at 5 minutes got tired of waiting and manually closed the game. Then can do 2-3 more dungeons before it happens again.

Not a huge deal, just annoying.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The Undaunted Celebration Event has been turned off to help with the loading issues players were experiencing when the event initially started. Please let us know if you still run into any loading issues now. For further details regarding the event closure please read the thread below.

Update on Undaunted Event
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post