The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GOLDEN CLOVER UNDAUNTED CELEBRATION GUIDE (2020)

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up we've been running into issues publishing the article on the website, but will get the information out to everyone today one way or another. Stay tuned...

or you could temporarily post it on the forum perhaps?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up we've been running into issues publishing the article on the website, but will get the information out to everyone today one way or another. Stay tuned...

Yep, that's the backup plan if we can't get it on the website.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    I mean in the very best case, you start with 12 vouchers and spend them on style pages at 5 vouchers each = 2 style pages and two left over vouchers.

You then do a dungeon each day including the morning of the 18th and get 15 more vouchers = 3 style pages.

You also get 5 boxes from these dungeons and if you’re lucky each contains a weapon page = 5 more style pages

Then you go to the undaunted vendor and spend your 200 keys you have banked for 4 shoulder styles.

Then you grind out the 4 dungeons with helm drops until you get all 4 helm style pages.

This leaves you with 18 out of 28 pages, assuming you were lucky and had no duplicates in your drops and had everything line up perfectly (banked keys and vouchers, good RNG). To complete these sets you’ll either need to buy 48! event vouchers from the crown store (12,000 crowns) or go to guild traders and buy them with gold. Given the numbers above these things are going to be expensive in the traders.

This is really player unfriendly. I normally like to collect these things but this is just too much. I don’t want to spend my whole weekend grinding this when it is not even something the can be reasonably completed.

Hard pass. I’ll get a few and accept that I can’t have everything.

It will be funny if helmet drop chance will be like usual monster style helm... also let's be real, there will be only 1 evening for farm - tomorrow. I bet Friday, Saturday and Sunday server will be in meltdown. So I guess best choice is to select few styles you really like and buy them with tickets/gold and be done with it.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well this one would turn it into a PDF file, put the PDF file on a blog somewhere, tweet about the blog and then link the tweet on whiskersbook.

Then she would take a photo of the whiskersbook post and upload that to an image sharing site. Then link to the image here.

Your social media in good paws yes!

Yours with the above mentioned good paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well this one would turn it into a PDF file, put the PDF file on a blog somewhere, tweet about the blog and then link the tweet on whiskersbook.

Then she would take a photo of the whiskersbook post and upload that to an image sharing site. Then link to the image here.

Santie Claws

why the need for PDF? Only the OP can change the detail
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Santie Claws

why the need for PDF? Only the OP can change the detail

Well you can edit a PDF if you have the full version of Acbohat no?

Anyway Khajiit is sure it is perfect - will never need editing or anything like that no. Perish the thought!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

If you've forgotten the password for editing the website, it's: 12345
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but with all the different information over the last few days this has become a bit confusing.

There are 28 Opal weapon style pages, but you can get only one reward box a day with a change of a page dropping? This means with an event of four days, you can get a maximum of four Opal weapon style pages from the total 28 through gameplay, and the only other way of collecting them is by buying them for event tickets?

Which means it isn't possible to get all the event rewards without spending real money...
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but with all the different information over the last few days this has become a bit confusing.

There are 28 Opal weapon style pages, but you can get only one reward box a day with a change of a page dropping? This means with an event of four days, you can get a maximum of four Opal weapon style pages from the total 28 through gameplay, and the only other way of collecting them is by buying them for event tickets?

Which means it isn't possible to get all the event rewards without spending real money...

1. It's five days
    2. Article doesn't say that styles are bound, so I guess you will be able buy them from other players for gold
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is confusing as there are three different sources of monster style pages:

Helm: available from final boss hard modes in 4 dungeons (Crypt of Hearts 1, Darkshade Cavern 2, Blessed Crucible, Spindleclutch 2). You can fit in as many chances at these as you have time to play. I suspect the drop rate is going to be punishingly low, but we'll see.

Shoulder: available from the undaunted pledge givers for keys.

Weapons: available from the killing the final boss of any dungeon once per day. There are 5 opportunities for this but the time to complete this on the 18th is pretty limited (between 1 am and 10 am EST). Given that there are 20 of these weapons but you only get 5 opportunities, this is going to be the hardest thing to complete.

• PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Helm: available from final boss hard modes in 4 dungeons (Crypt of Hearts 1, Darkshade Cavern 2, Blessed Crucible, Spindleclutch 2). You can fit in as many chances at these as you have time to play. I suspect the drop rate is going to be punishingly low, but we'll see.

Weapons: available from the killing the final boss of any dungeon once per day. There are 5 opportunities for this but the time to complete this on the 18th is pretty limited (between 1 am and 10 am EST). Given that there are 20 of these weapons but you only get 5 opportunities, this is going to be the hardest thing to complete.

That seems incredibly unfair, even by ZOS standards. If no one gets enough pages, not many will be for sale... Even those bought with event tickets will be incredibly limited. I honestly feel like there has to be more to it somehow. Isn't the aim to get people to play? There has to be incentive to run more than one dungeon per day.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

That seems incredibly unfair, even by ZOS standards. If no one gets enough pages, not many will be for sale... Even those bought with event tickets will be incredibly limited. I honestly feel like there has to be more to it somehow. Isn't the aim to get people to play? There has to be incentive to run more than one dungeon per day.

If the pages ar bound it wil significantly increase the chance of completing sets.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

According to the event page, now there will be a small chance to get these from regular rewards too. So it will be possible to get enough but the grind will be extremely tough.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is all true with two updates from the article. You can get "very rare" weapon style drops from the final boss of any dungeon after the first. The italicized very rare makes it sound like this is not going to be a viable way to farm the weapon styles, but it is another mechanism.

The second note is that you have to already know the normal shoulder style of the monster sets in order to buy the opal version from the undaunted vendor.

I agree with you that this is very player unfriendly.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »

According to the event page, now there will be a small chance to get these from regular rewards too. So it will be possible to get enough but the grind will be extremely tough.

Ah they got it up, nice. That seems more likely. Time to live in FG1 then.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading the official announcement it looks like it will be impossible to complete the weapon styles by normal gameplay. Not very happy with this since it was relatively easy to get all the event rewards with an hour a day in the past. This is just pure cashgrab mode...
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is all true with two updates from the article. You can get "very rare" weapon style drops from the final boss of any dungeon after the first. The italicized very rare makes it sound like this is not going to be a viable way to farm the weapon styles, but it is another mechanism.

The second note is that you have to already know the normal shoulder style of the monster sets in order to buy the opal version from the undaunted vendor.

The note about having to already own the shoulders was already up before, I believe. Which is great because it means I'm automatically locked from getting any of them. Why it applies to shoulders and not helmets? Who knows. ZOS logics.

And well, viable or not.... It is the ONLY way to farm them.

Edit: Okay the OG shoulders are also available. That's better I guess. I'm an idiot for recently spending all my keys.
    Edited by Raisin on November 13, 2019 4:13PM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the nick of time :) ty
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To tell you the truth, I would be much happier if they gave us considerably better drops on transmute crystals than those fluffy style pages.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The note about having to already own the shoulders was already up before, I believe. Which is great because it means I'm automatically locked from getting any of them. Why it applies to shoulders and not helmets? Who knows. ZOS logics.

You can buy the normal shoulder style from the undaunted quest givers. If I remember it correctly they are pretty expensive, like 50 undaunted keys.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, I didn’t know that. I’ve been following this closely but it has been a challenge to figure out. I’m still really curious about the drop rates and voucher costs of the pages.

• PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It should be possible to get shoulders during the event, or from vendors.. But yeah this would make it hard as heck.
    If the opal ones cost 50 keys as well, then I will have to buy mine from the impressario as well as I only have 25 keys on hand.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It should be possible to get shoulders during the event, or from vendors.. But yeah this would make it hard as heck.
    If the opal ones cost 50 keys as well, then I will have to buy mine from the impressario as well as I only have 25 keys on hand.

You may rely on RNG, shoulder drop rate from random boxes is much higher then 1 in 50. Of course it is unclear what drop rate will be for event.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do keep in mind that the boxes will also drop keys,so there's that. But yeah, I doubt I'll farm 400 keys for this.
    Edited by Raisin on November 13, 2019 4:18PM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, I didn’t know that. I’ve been following this closely but it has been a challenge to figure out. I’m still really curious about the drop rates and voucher costs of the pages.

My 1 - 4 droprate speculation is a complete optimistic thumbsuck, only the event will reveal the actual droprate which can be four time that of 1-4. It was done to show the difficulty level to complete even at a ridicilously high drop rate
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilambris looks like the best style of all. Guess I ll have to focus on that, since the short duration and ridiculous rng wont give many chances to complete more than 1....
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this first drop "Hefty Box" per character or account?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    So is this first drop "Hefty Box" per character or account?

Usually its per account.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saf227_ESO wrote: »

If you've forgotten the password for editing the website, it's: 12345

Given their propensity for accidentally breaking stuff, they may have accidentally fired the webpage IT guy, and are currently working on getting a job listing posted with the next incremental update.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.