Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

infinite loading screens - BGs.

BoFitz
BoFitz
I would like to say this has been going on since update 24. ive tried ports, reseting my router, and messing around with other network settings on my network card... nothing seems to make it load, or it just disconnects me from the game without a error code on the login.

HALP!
@LunchMeatAlpha = ingame @ name........
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BoFitz

One troubleshooting step you've not mentioned trying is removing add-ons from ESO.
    To fully remove your add-ons, do the the following in this specific order:
    1. Exit the game
    2. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live in windows explorer
    3. Rename Addons to Addons.old
    4. Rename SavedVariables to SavedVariables.old
    5. Check in-game to see if the if the issues persist.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BoFitz
    BoFitz
    i did that too, still happens sometimes. during prime time. last night.
    @LunchMeatAlpha = ingame @ name........
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove addons to play BGs?

[snip]

[Edited for minor profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 3, 2019 6:13PM
  • Gzorbditw
    Gzorbditw
    ✭✭✭
    Also having the same issues, its only on BG's every other contents loading screens work fine.
    Bahlokdaan EU memes: https://imgur.com/a/S7jkKzi
  • Tharvall
    Tharvall
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem.
    Cancelling subscription now. Congratulations!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted here, we are aware of some issues queuing for Battlegrounds, and are actively working on getting these fixed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stil waiting ZOS
  • Czinczar
    Czinczar
    ✭✭✭
    I just had 3 infinite loading screens in a row, that's around 15min of doing nothing.
    At this point, I think we can safely assume that the BG infinite loading screens is intended as it removes a whole chunk of calculation and bandwidth from the servers. Since there has been exactly zero communication on this problem and since it seems it wont be fixed any time soon, that's the only logical explanation. That's very cynical from ZOS but I am afraid only financial pressure will make them do something about it. Players should cancel all subscriptions and refrain from buying extensions and crowns until problems are REALLY fixed.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto. And no addons
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    Long loading screen isnt the only problem. Sometimes we're 4vs4vs2, and the after 4min, the BG is closed because "not enough players".
    How can you dispatch 4vs4vs2 instead of 4vs3vs3 ? Just asking.
    I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • Czinczar
    Czinczar
    ✭✭✭
    Karmen wrote: »
    Long loading screen isnt the only problem. Sometimes we're 4vs4vs2, and the after 4min, the BG is closed because "not enough players".
    How can you dispatch 4vs4vs2 instead of 4vs3vs3 ? Just asking.

I would say infinite loading screens is the biggest problem, but you're right there are also other problems, like once loaded the fight doesn't start and if you leave you get the deserter penalty. The number of bugs and problems is just incredible. I wonder how many people are working on this, no more than 2 or 3 I guess. They must be like me when I started learning programming : bugs everywhere, bad architecture, bad solutions that seem to work for a short time but then lead to more problems etc...
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Echoing the issue of BGs not loading after extended loading screens.

I just get kicked back to where I was after a lonnng wait, with a message in upper right cornee thay says:

Cannot enter battleground.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Update:

Seems to only apply to some of my characters that I pvp with in BG's so far. Others can get in.
    Edited by lukoi on November 9, 2019 12:57AM
  • Czinczar
    Czinczar
    ✭✭✭
    i think you just have been lucky with that other character. It happens with all my characters.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Czinczar wrote: »
    i think you just have been lucky with that other character. It happens with all my characters.

Nope. Several of my characters can get in without issue. Two can only get in after I suffer repeated failed attempts. And one simply does not get in ever apparently.

I BG on 7 characters, with several being leveled via PvPing, and 4 x 50's. One of my 50's is the one that seemingly cannot get in.
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    I deleted all of my addons, deleted usersettings.txt and variables directory. Had the game create new defaults. Got stuck in loading screen another 6 times. Gave up and watched some streams. HALP!
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    Oh forgot to mention, I did finally load one. I refuse to leave but red only has 2 people, green and purple have gotten full 3 times so far 1:35 still on my 2h food buff I ate when I first came in.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    delete the game and the problem goes away
  • rjeffs
    rjeffs
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @BoFitz

One troubleshooting step you've not mentioned trying is removing add-ons from ESO.
    To fully remove your add-ons, do the the following in this specific order:
    1. Exit the game
    2. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live in windows explorer
    3. Rename Addons to Addons.old
    4. Rename SavedVariables to SavedVariables.old
    5. Check in-game to see if the if the issues persist.

LOLLOLOLOLOLOL. Here's a suggestion:
    1. ZOS admit you broke it
    2. ZOS stop ignoring the problem
    3. ZOS take a small percentage out of your executives incentive compensation package because they haven't earned it
    4. Invest said compensation into a competent devolper team that understands the CONCEPT OF a software development life cycle that doesn't push an untested, broken, poop patch.
    5. Talk to your business owners and develop some sense of ownership
    6. RINSE AND REPEAT UNTIL YOU GET IT (Taken 24 updates?)

Just some food for thought there.
  • woosinator2008
    Only compliment is I didn't get the stupid penalty