The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZoS Changing Furniture Design... (Fixed TY!)

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
During the Structure sale I got two crown-only Elsweyr tents:

Elsweyr Canopy, Bazaar
Elsweyr Canopy, Peaked

Both were plain canvas tents (which was why I got them as I intended to use both in a future build - reguard/yokudan tomb archaeology site).

Imagine my surprise today when I visited my storage and saw that both tents now have coloured canvas designs!

This one is a subtler change. Red lines were added outlining the tent segments.
qlSpftp.png

This one isn't subtle at all! Not sure it will even fit the idea I got it for now...
ut5fv7U.png

You can't CHANGE items like this after they are Live. You could make a very similar item with the changes on it, change the name slightly and give it a new item ID, but it is really not nice to change the items like this (this is not a bug fix or texture fix - those are 100% reasonable)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Could we get the original items reverted to their lovely plain canvas designs? Then add in the coloured designs as new items instead for players who prefer those.

A close-up picture of the two canopies I have.
2jDOVQK.png
Edited by Mix on November 4, 2019 1:31PM
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, not cool. And I hate the designs on the second tent :s
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I buy a white car, park it in front of my home, and when I want to drive it the next morning, its suddenly pink?

Oh wow.
    PC/EU
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing these items as colored a long time ago. Interesting that you got plain versions, but it was likely a bug an never intended.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elsweyr Steamer has also changed. Including the pictures @Mix posted in the bugs thread during PTS testing. I reported it a few weeks back, but it seems to have made it to live unfixed. I miss the original. :/
    Mix wrote: »
    Live Version
    VdIiKJ9.png

PTS Version
    ZN3ljy8.png
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure ZOS had a policy on not changing assets once they've gone live to avoid upsetting people (redguard armor, anyone?). Unless that policy changed this is probably not intended.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed this on pts and hoped that it was just a bug, it's so weird how they would change the tents, the colours were so muted and neutral before, why change them to blue and green on that tent?! It's very annoying! I feel genuinely bad for anybody who used this before the patch as a main structure for their homes! During pts we talked about this and assumed there was some kind of broken texture, I was freaking out about it, saying to my friends that the tent had changed colour on pts :D but we just put it doen to a bug, as on PTS things can be funny sometimes, it's really not good that this made it over to live! It's not even a small change, the new colours are very vivid!
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on October 28, 2019 11:53PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Pretty sure ZOS had a policy on not changing assets once they've gone live to avoid upsetting people (redguard armor, anyone?). Unless that policy changed this is probably not intended.

They have done it a couple of times after the redguard motif fiasco :joy: with this tent, obviously! I had one of these in one of my houses which I purchased before the update, so I will go and check it in the morning, but on pts they were green and blue, like in the OP's images, but before the patch the pattern on them was a very neutral red/brown. They also changed a crown store costume I had purchased once which annoyed me greatly! :lol:

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to get refunded for those since they are not at all what you paid for. I am quite particular on colors and patterns and what I do and don’t like together — I imagine most of us are! They should absolutely not change items people have already bought unless it is to fix a real bug (and a different color could never be considered that if people previewed said color before buying it).
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more than sure you'll be granted a Crown refund if you put in a ticket; the team is pretty good about things like that. I've been granted refunds for various reasons on more than one occasion.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you will probably get a refund too, but it doesn't change the fact that you thought that you were buying a really beautiful tent and now you have something much less attractive... I have no idea why they changed this tent, but it looked much better before it was changed!

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more than sure you'll be granted a Crown refund if you put in a ticket; the team is pretty good about things like that. I've been granted refunds for various reasons on more than one occasion.

Agreed! Although still unfortunate as it’s not like we have a lot of structural options. :( At least there are more tents than some things...
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is seriously uncool. I totally agree that should have made new items instead recoloring the old ones.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong just wrong @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom this aint cool at ALL
  • Poms
    Poms
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone gotten a refund on the tent? I really wont use it ever now and wondering if someone had some luck with getting crowns back because of it?
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to wait and see if they will revert the colour changes because the tent was perfect for my build idea. If it is going to stay purple-green-blue then I will have to ask for refund (i think i bought it and it wasn't a gifted thing - although since I have done both options for the furniture tab sales I could be mistaken)
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm we've seen this thread and looking into it.
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.

Hopefully there is a way in which both versions can be provided so those who wanted the plain ones can use them and those who got the new versions would be able to continue using those.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh - this one has many of the peaked tents.

The new colouring will certainly not go with where one is used in the New Fishmas Grotto.

This one will have to check tonight.

The new colourful tents have their uses too for certain - but not in the places Khajiit presently is using them.

The market at Claws Meadow Village may also be affected.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    The total lighting seems to be differnent.
    Are you sure, you don't use another "gamma" setting. Or "Darker Nights"?
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I buy a white car, park it in front of my home, and when I want to drive it the next morning, its suddenly pink?

Oh wow.

GTA style...
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread about this before too, I think was also on collectibles they changed up on us but I forget which
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

can we please also have this new variant as a separate version?
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh wow.

Why not, when I was small I had a toy cars that changed colour depending on the temperature. You could even draw on them with an ice-pen. ;)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have most certainly changed yes and on the inside as well as the outside.

Though this one actually likes the effect on the inside - just not so much on the outside …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

48981911297_2b0f9ba714_c.jpg
    Grotto 2

48981167578_e568bfb46c_c.jpgGrotto 1

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is a double edged sword. There are assets I'd love them to update... however, I can see the upsetness if you've designed around a specific look.

Instead a better solution would be to release these new updated items as either new items on crown store or new design drops. That way you can choose to have both or either item. @ZOS_SarahHecker

To be clear we LOVE having more options. Just give us the opt in to buy them as new items... Instead of updating the old ones.
    Edited by Sporvan on October 29, 2019 7:48PM
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh wow.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂mine changed to purple with yellow poker dots , so consider yourself lucky 😜
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

The blue/green change to the Elsweyr Canopy, Peaked was not intended and it appears the wrong texture was added after Update 24. The subtle red outline you see on the Elsweyr Canopy, Bazaar is the correct texture for both items and that canopy does not appear to have been updated since the items were released on the Crown Store. We will be reverting the Elsweyr Canopy, Peaked to its intended texture in a future incremental patch.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
    Staff Post
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to clarify - has this been done to ones already in the game & placed?

Because I actually prefer it to the plain ones 😕
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Just to clarify - has this been done to ones already in the game & placed?

Because I actually prefer it to the plain ones 😕

Yes it is on live but possibly not for long.

The screenshots above this one posted are from the New Fishmas Grotto on the live PC EU server.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws