Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

How is support supposed to work?

Yormula
Yormula
✭✭✭✭
Now, as a disclaimer, I do understand that support tickets, mine included, may be a way to vent off steam in desperation and hence not exactly properly addressed.

I also understand when certain corporate rules preclude support representatives from addressing certain topics.

I also understand the first reply always being prefabricated, no matter how infuriating it may be. Although why it takes 2+ days for a bot to reply is beyond me.

I also understand when support personnel say one thing and do smth else - people are prone to mistakes, as long as the dialog is going on and everything gets corrected it's all fine.

However, recently ESO support tried smth new: ticket status gets changed to "read answer provided" without any reply, e-mail reply, and/or notification. Repeatedly. Screenshot below. And then the ticket successfully times out as not responded to by the client, and the only way to notice that is to log in into support website (which, by itself, I've only managed to do on a clean Chrome, no other browser seems to stomach it).

Now how exactly is that intended to work?..
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's on you to follow up after the first canned Support response, @Yormula.

You can't just sit idle and hope you'll get a response.

Be polite but persistent ... and be sure to list the ticket number in your thread here.
  • Yormula
    Yormula
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's kinda exactly why I'm here, the ticket itself admittedly is a no-concern by now.

And yes, ticket number 191024-001381.
  • Yormula
    Yormula
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, they did it for a third time in a row on the same ticket.ip0ifh2mdf0r.jpg
    51chpl3ib547.jpg
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Yormula

I've sent you an update pertaining to your ticket #191024-001381.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Yormula
    Yormula
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ticket has indeed been answered, but only after 4 iterations when status got changed without a reply.
  • Sedare
    Sedare
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE I'm also not seeing responses on several tickets beyond the canned auto-response either. I've mentioned this in the ticket when updating it, but nothing seems to be coming from me providing this information.

I'd like to see the responses from ZOS please. I also do not get additional emails about the tickets.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sedare

Would you be able to provide us with your ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post