The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Lets talk theorycrafting - lemme hear about your most successful off-meta builds!

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Might as well update this thread while I'm stuck in a car lol.

Still experimenting as i can, though playing less due to performance mainly. Anyway, finally got my ad toons back in cyrodil so i can play stamsorc again, and try out my dunmer plar as stam also.

Been running a combo of shackle/hunding/7th/deadly/etc, all pretty similar Imo.

Had a lot of fun on my templar though- heavy snb front bar, potl invasion jabs, with 2h rally/mist and bats backbar. Started just for *** n giggles, was pretty op tho tbh.

I have a nord stamden, and I've tried so many mag setups, but maan...magden is just a less effective and fun stamden after maining stamden so long lol.

Though the hybrid warden build is definitely something i need to look at again i think.

Still tryna get a good pelinals build for my orc sorc. Best I've thought up so far is 5h/1/1, pelinal, balorgh, and...

Spinners snb nirn+infused wpn dmg jewelry?

Hulking or Necro to boost my "off" stat?

7th/fury?

?

Idk. But it's a shame the performance is as bad as it is right now because class balance wise its pretty great, --mostly.

Used something similar as a magblade. Bright throat, 2H and resto. 3x weapon damage glyphs using mag abilities and vigor. I’m not sure if you could do it as a Warden.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Still experimenting as i can, though playing less due to performance mainly. Anyway, finally got my ad toons back in cyrodil so i can play stamsorc again, and try out my dunmer plar as stam also.

Had a lot of fun on my templar though- heavy snb front bar, potl invasion jabs, with 2h rally/mist and bats backbar. Started just for *** n giggles, was pretty op tho tbh.

I have a nord stamden, and I've tried so many mag setups, but maan...magden is just a less effective and fun stamden after maining stamden so long lol.

Though the hybrid warden build is definitely something i need to look at again i think.

Still tryna get a good pelinals build for my orc sorc. Best I've thought up so far is 5h/1/1, pelinal, balorgh, and...

7th/fury?

?

Idk. But it's a shame the performance is as bad as it is right now because class balance wise its pretty great, --mostly.

Used something similar as a magblade. Bright throat, 2H and resto. 3x weapon damage glyphs using mag abilities and vigor. I’m not sure if you could do it as a Warden.

Well, I've brainstormed the best possible way to build a hybrid (aside from specific sets, off...) for my wardens, sorcs, temps and nbs.

Essentially, for my warden, he's nord so was thinking basically be tanky and drop ultis, using frost staff backbar for blockade enchant proc and snare, and for a ranged weapon to help proc lotus - im over bows.

On nightblade, basically i would have high mag and stam as dunmer, and use dw with mag skills with phys weapon light/heavy attack cp.

Templar also dark elf, and after my bat stamplar i totally rethought my plan. Was originally going to use a similar approach as on nb, but i think just using pelinals and stacking dmg, and having decentish mag, i could use temp shield, gapclose, uhhh the other flare morph...and have it actually hurt. Oh and frfr bat stamplars op.

And lastly, sorc, I've gone back and forth a million times on. As an orc it really limits versatility compared to nord and dunmer.

Anyway, tried a few things on uesp and stats looked decent...but, i need lots more gold than i have to try all i wanna try xD
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7th/fury?

?

Well, I've brainstormed the best possible way to build a hybrid (aside from specific sets, off...) for my wardens, sorcs, temps and nbs.

Essentially, for my warden, he's nord so was thinking basically be tanky and drop ultis, using frost staff backbar for blockade enchant proc and snare, and for a ranged weapon to help proc lotus - im over bows.

On nightblade, basically i would have high mag and stam as dunmer, and use dw with mag skills with phys weapon light/heavy attack cp.

Templar also dark elf, and after my bat stamplar i totally rethought my plan. Was originally going to use a similar approach as on nb, but i think just using pelinals and stacking dmg, and having decentish mag, i could use temp shield, gapclose, uhhh the other flare morph...and have it actually hurt. Oh and frfr bat stamplars op.

And lastly, sorc, I've gone back and forth a million times on. As an orc it really limits versatility compared to nord and dunmer.

Anyway, tried a few things on uesp and stats looked decent...but, i need lots more gold than i have to try all i wanna try xD

What I'm running now doesn't seem to be what you are going for in a sorc hybrid, but I'm having a ton of fun. As I mentioned previously in this thread it's basically the same as my 2h/bow build with Overload but a vMA frost staff back bar. Frost staff back bar wall of elements with a charged frost enchant front bar seems really consistent applying the root. Below is the build on UESP and some solo cyrodiil gameplay footage.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=186569

https://youtu.be/3IaBTq5elfE

https://youtu.be/sePufqbvnWc
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7th/fury?

?

The PTS is great for trying different builds before you can afford to on live, but you need another 100gb or so. I cant wait til they reduce the size of the game next year.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Genuine question, but what utility does an off-meta build bring to the group? I mean obviously the goal isn’t to just “do the same thing” as a meta build, but to add something different yet valuable to the group your playing with. Unless its just for solo stuff.

I’m not trying to criticise, but rather looking for inspiration/brainstorm on what else is a good addition to group composition. Like, unique buffs not seen in meta builds, less pressure on healers/tanks, etc.

Pretty much what do you bring to the group that no other meta build does? Honestly, I’m thinking battlegrounds here :)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double stack Mag Warden tank. Iceheart+Amberplasm+Willow's Path 1H+S/Ice Staff. Can spam magicka skills, and because it has very high recovery in both resource pools can change bars when one runs out to block using the other. Iceheart procs all the time so I have an 8.5K shield with 25-30K resistances. Did a bunch of veteran dungeons, including some of the DLC ones on HM with that setup. I do have META tank sets but I just wanted to have fun on a new character with that old gear that's been in my inventory for 3+ years. Willow's Path was my first tank set way back before One Tamriel when you didn't really have any of the current META options, and Amberplasm is one of those sets I keep using in my Magicka PvP builds. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=189784
    Edited by Asardes on December 11, 2019 12:19PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Genuine question, but what utility does an off-meta build bring to the group? I mean obviously the goal isn’t to just “do the same thing” as a meta build, but to add something different yet valuable to the group your playing with. Unless its just for solo stuff.

I’m not trying to criticise, but rather looking for inspiration/brainstorm on what else is a good addition to group composition. Like, unique buffs not seen in meta builds, less pressure on healers/tanks, etc.

Pretty much what do you bring to the group that no other meta build does? Honestly, I’m thinking battlegrounds here :)

That would depend on q lot of things, your build, your team members' builds, your goals for enjoyment of the game, your team members' goals, the game mode, the map, and that's the majority of things I think. On the build I'm running (2h/frost staff stam sorc), I would bring aoe minor maim, aoe root, and higher single target damage by sacrificing a bit of survivability compared to the more meta 2h/bow or 2h/dw setup I would run.

Edit: Also most "meta" pvp builds (different for pve where there is truly a meta dps) are generally just builds that content creators release that are easy to get good results with, but a good player can find something a bit different that fits their playstyle and can work better for them than the cookie cutter meta setup.
    Edited by TBois on December 11, 2019 12:58AM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

That would depend on q lot of things, your build, your team members' builds, your goals for enjoyment of the game, your team members' goals, the game mode, the map, and that's the majority of things I think. On the build I'm running (2h/frost staff stam sorc), I would bring aoe minor maim, aoe root, and higher single target damage by sacrificing a bit of survivability compared to the more meta 2h/bow or 2h/dw setup I would run.

Edit: Also most "meta" pvp builds (different for pve where there is truly a meta dps) are generally just builds that content creators release that are easy to get good results with, but a good player can find something a bit different that fits their playstyle and can work better for them than the cookie cutter meta setup.

I’ve been using Olorime and Bright-throats boast so far. Doing pretty well actually. With Olorime, I can throw a light weight trap at a friendly which gives my ally an extra 258 odd weapon damage and roots the opponent heading for them. Plus it keeps my mag regen at a healthy level. I’m quite enjoying the pairing honestly
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been using Olorime and Bright-throats boast so far. Doing pretty well actually. With Olorime, I can throw a light weight trap at a friendly which gives my ally an extra 258 odd weapon damage and roots the opponent heading for them. Plus it keeps my mag regen at a healthy level. I’m quite enjoying the pairing honestly

Seems like you have a good thing going on. Ive seen Olo used in larger groups in cyrodiil, but I bet meta chasers would advise against it in small group pvp despite it's great utility. I would love to run with an olo healer in pvp any day.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans, Shackle, Lover stone, Big pieces tri stat Small max stam, Jewelry Infused weapon damage Redguard race, Arteaum food

Front: BRP bow Sharpened with double damage poisons
    Leeching strikes, Crushing weapon, Magnum shot, Relentless focus, Resolving vigor, Incap

Back: Master’s bow Infused weapon damage
    Poison injection, Piercing mark, Shadowy disguise/Dark cloak depending on mood, Shuffle, Channeled acceleration, Ballista.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I started playing around with them because I wanted Onslaught as a magblade, but light attacks with melee weapons hit like a wet noodle if you’re mag.

When I first tried pelinals it was jacked, the worst build ever, because I was trying to use mag and stam abilities for damage.

When messing around with onslaught I discovered something though. With the medium armour passives and full weapon damage glyphs you can obtain more spell power and higher tooltips as a mag then you can wearing light or heavy armour with pelinals in no-CP. In CP the mag boost makes pelinals less effective.

You can make some cool mag builds with pelinals. Best things to dip into are 2H for onslaught or BRP DW for Major Protection. The downsides are no ranged light attacks (which really sucks) and lack of pen, but it’s doable.

For example as a magblade using 5m-1H-1L pelinals and bright throat you can have a dodge rolly magblade with vigor and onslaught.

I ended up going working in other characters, but I still think a MagDK healer with Jorvlund and BRP DW would be a beast.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 11, 2019 2:47PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I started playing around with them because I wanted Onslaught as a magblade, but light attacks with melee weapons hit like a wet noodle if you’re mag.

When I first tried pelinals it was jacked, the worst build ever, because I was trying to use mag and stam abilities for damage.

When messing around with onslaught I discovered something though. With the medium armour passives and full weapon damage glyphs you can obtain more spell power and higher tooltips as a mag then you can wearing light or heavy armour with pelinals in no-CP. In CP the mag boost makes pelinals less effective.

You can make some cool mag builds with pelinals. Best things to dip into are 2H for onslaught or BRP DW for Major Protection. The downsides are no ranged light attacks (which really sucks) and lack of pen, but it’s doable.

For example as a magblade using 5m-1H-1L pelinals and bright throat you can have a dodge rolly magblade with vigor and onslaught.

Wouldn't you get the pen you need from onslaught? I think it gives physical and spell pen.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the better idea of using hybrid builds successfully is running abilities using the higher pool for damage, and those using the lower one for utility. To some extent quite a few PvP builds are hybrids to a larger extent than PvE ones: prismatic glyphs, sets that buff both your resource pools like Shacklebreaker, some points shifted in HP or off-resource to have ~15K pool there. But spreading your attributes equally for a build would gimp damage.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wouldn't you get the pen you need from onslaught? I think it gives physical and spell pen.

Yup, that’s why it worked so well. Only issue is they reduced the onslaught duration, but it hits hard.

I was still fine tuning monster sets and stuff, Iceheart vs Balorgs I'm not sure. Maybe even something else would be better. It's still fun, but mainly solo. I think another good set would be that new daring corsair for better ult gen, IDK.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=166272
    Edited by Iskiab on December 11, 2019 4:57PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an off-meta non-CP PvP Stamina SPEED Sorc that I love. And for funzies, I just used it to make my first build video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFVMQxu7vC8
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on December 11, 2019 7:51PM
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i love theorycrafting and trying out weird builds in pvp, most are total ass, but when it works, it works.

Posting this because i always said medium was better than heavy..until i made a SnB/bow nord warden with max resistances, mag for wings, ice shield and lotus, crazy ult gen (like dawnbreaker IN my perma), 3k health recovery, oh and fully buffed ~5k wpn damage.

So, now I'm brainstorming how to make heavy builds on all my stam toons lol...

Anyway, let's hear those builds!

Stamsorc:
    /Zaan
    /Curse of doylemish
    /master axes + damage health IX
    /Cyrodiils crest snb backbar.

Rotation: Trap beast>Silver leash>Heavy cancel blood craze>Soul assault with zaan proc literally the most fun build ive ever played, never seen players melt like that before. xD

Please try it for yourself, u are going to have blast with it xD
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i love theorycrafting and trying out weird builds in pvp, most are total ass, but when it works, it works.

Posting this because i always said medium was better than heavy..until i made a SnB/bow nord warden with max resistances, mag for wings, ice shield and lotus, crazy ult gen (like dawnbreaker IN my perma), 3k health recovery, oh and fully buffed ~5k wpn damage.

So, now I'm brainstorming how to make heavy builds on all my stam toons lol...

Anyway, let's hear those builds!

Stamsorc:
    /Zaan
    /Curse of doylemish
    /master axes + damage health IX
    /Cyrodiils crest snb backbar.

Rotation: Trap beast>Silver leash>Heavy cancel blood craze>Soul assault with zaan proc literally the most fun build ive ever played, never seen players melt like that before. xD

Please try it for yourself, u are going to have blast with it xD

Lol did you play that in Scalebreaker?

Edit: I ask because ppl probably melted even quicker.
    Edited by TBois on December 12, 2019 1:45AM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc PVP Healer

5 Marauder Haste/5 Lich/2 Bloodspawn/Asylum Resto (Lich and Marauder 5th piece on SnB bar)

5/1/1 Light with SnB/Resto

40K Mag/28K Health/16K Stam 2K mag regen (3.5K buffed)

Resto - Combat Prayer, Mutagen, Ward, Twilight, Power Surge, Negate

SnB - Energy Orbs, Streak, Ward, Twilight, Lightning Form, Temporal Guard

I usually play this build as a zerg surfer and healer for 8-12 pvp groups.

Sustain and mobility is awesome.

Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    Sorc PVP Healer

5 Marauder Haste/5 Lich/2 Bloodspawn/Asylum Resto (Lich and Marauder 5th piece on SnB bar)

Nice spec, I was going to try something similar but with seducer and necropence instead of marauder’s haste. Play wood elf and use dark deal.

How does the pet hold up? I didn’t go sorc because I was worried the pet could be a liability in larger scale. I didn’t want to level it up and get it ready, just to have it be terrible.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 12, 2019 1:49AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too sure if it's considered as off meta, but I had a fire based melee magicka DK that I used for giggles that actually did well surprisingly.

Breton
    Magicka DK
    All points into magicka

Grothdarr
    Burning spellweave body set
    Red mountain jewelry and weapons.

Dual wield / 2H
    Flame damage enchant on dual wield, magicka return on the 2H.

Just have one weapon skill on each bar and your good to go.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a necromancer who runs with Lich, Caluurion and Nerien'eth. Great theme build, looks good and us fun to play, and I pull around 35k self buffed so it's perfectly viable in vet content too.
    EU PC
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a kind of melee magsorc, but I'm still working on her

S/B + bow (combined with elemental weapon).

Not the strongest build around, but quite fun
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    There are some cool ideas in this thread! Thanks for sharing the different builds that you use folks :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf khajiit build:

I use bloodmoon + kena + perfect relequen + poison on my dualwield and i get around 50k dps (Talking about actual content, and not 21mil dummy).

But thanks to dressing room i can flip my build upside down with a press of a button to lose 20k dps (so i do 30k dps instead) but i get tank stats and a lot of healing, i was able to solo vFH hm (The whole thing) and vFL hm (Last boss).

I swap to this gear: Chudan, Briatheart, Bloodmoon, And i remove my poison so my dualwield becomes.absorb health enchantment + absorb stamina (or magicka) enchantment, and change my food from bistat to the new golden food sugar skulls.

The mundus stone im using is thief, because i dont lose too much dps while on dps setup, and i gain more procs of briarheart.

Khajiit is the best race for this because they get the most out of thief mundus, they get extra healing, extra stats and stam/mag recovery, on top of the 10% crot damage.

I use alcast's cp (Not the solo werewolf build, Im using the pure dps version).

All golded and divines, this literally allowed me to solo some bosses on veteran dlc hardmode.
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    Sorc PVP Healer

Nice spec, I was going to try something similar but with seducer and necro instead of marauder’s haste. Play wood elf and use dark deal.

How does the pet hold up? I didn’t go sorc because I was worried the pet could be a liability in larger scale. I didn’t want to level it up and get it ready, just to have it be terrible.

Pet stays alive just fine. You just have to mind who you tag with your light/heavy attacks so the pet doesn't stray to far away. As long as ward and lighting form are up and you stay on the SnB bar when not spamming combat prayer, it is pretty resilient.

Necro/Seducer is solid, but I prefer that on my solo build.

I like this set-up because it allows me to run Asylum Resto and I sometimes drop the pet for Cleanse and Springs in situations where the pet is dying a lot. Combat Prayer then becomes my spam heal, and the 4k regen lets me use cleanse often.

Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some cool ideas in this thread! Thanks for sharing the different builds that you use folks :)

Dang there are a lot of replies! I guess i gotta stop forgetting about the forums for weeks at a time. Kinda cool i got a ZOS response on my post, came here to update with my most recent stuff and just saw it lol

Anyway, just wanted to share my stamplar build I've been playing lately, got it pretty well nailed down.

Dark elf, shacklebreaker+new moon+bloodspawn, 5h/1/1.

Backbar 2h, ritual of retribution, rally, rune, javelin, mistform, bats/heal ult

Front bar SnB, vigor, repentance, potl, invasion, jabs, sweep ult/dawnbreaker

Sustain is again iffy, so 2 infused wpn damage jewelry, one robust with recovery. 2h enchant should be increase dmg but is currently armor reduction, and SnB has stam steal.

The thing that really makes this work great is the mixture of rally and mistform, and having the snare, dot, and hot from ritual. If rally is kept up, it's easy to mist behind LOS and hit it again for a good heal.

With 30 cp into spell pen, you get the spell crit passive, along with NMA's spell pen, and magicka skills actually hurt a bit.

Also, being SnB front bar, i can easily block attacks and heal with vigor, and often will jab->kill->block cancel unneeded jabs, repent the poor dead souls while being in the middle of enemies.

Then if i gotta gtfo, or am low on resources, 2h heavy into javelin is always decent to make people chasing think twice.

It's a pretty unconventional build, skill wise at least, but it's been a ton of fun!
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to update with the hybrid orc mag sorc build I've been working on, still gotta fine tune it but it's been surprisingly successful!

I started out trying asylum inferno and asylum SnB, 5H/1/1, pelinals and nma, 3 infused dmg jewelry, steed mundus new mag gold food. It worked okay, but sustain was a pain so i wanted to improve it.

I ended up crafting a NMA sharp lightning staff, so i lose the cost increase on my backbar- which is a potentates infused bow with berserker enchant.

This allows me to either have a 2 pc potentates and monster set, or 3 pc potentates and 1 pc monster, I've been going back and forth. Monster has been 1 pc domi or 2 balorgh.

I also crafted pelinals in medium, so now I'm using 5m/2h- which lets me run vigor, run fast (orc!), streak, cheaper deal for more mag, and since its a bow, i can restore stam at range. It's pretty crazy how well it works honestly lol

Still haven't decided whether aegis or daggers is better, the daggers+10% extra light attack damage works really well on bow bar but more mag is always nice.

So, that all being said, here's the stats with continuous buff, berserker enchant and w/e skills i had slotted, i had the daggers for these stats though

Destro: 30.7/1048 mag/recov - 26.2/1362 heath/recov - 20.5/1125 stam/recov

4950 wpn/spell dmg, 22.7% spell crit 30.2% wpn crit 19k resists

Bow: Same except, 4.1k dmg, 35% weapon crit 22% spell crit.

It looks like it has bad sustain and its squishy, but i assure you it really isn't lol. Vigor, deal, ward, and the speedy bow roll dodge is a great combo lol.

One of the funnest builds I've made!

• Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I commented earlier but realise I did not provide a link to the more detailed theory crafting behind my favourite off meta build.

So here it is, my Elemental mage. Its been tinkered with since the initial theory crafting but remains largely as described and shown here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487733/elemental-my-dear-fellow-fantasy-build

Since then I have made a Vampire themed build, out of a Dark elf Night blade. It happens to be one of the most pleasing aesthetic builds I have created, and the only female character I have from 16! Build wise it feels good and fun to use and feeds into the vampire theme well (pun intended). Viability wise, its useless lol. Its just for fun, overland or normal dungeons etc. Unlike my Elemental mage, who is viable for most content including vet. In fact I have started to solo vet dungeons with him.

Id love to hear folks comments, thoughts and questions, over on the Elemental thread linked above :)
    Edited by Grianasteri on January 7, 2020 10:46AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted to update with the hybrid orc mag sorc build I've been working on, still gotta fine tune it but it's been surprisingly successful!

I started out trying asylum inferno and asylum SnB, 5H/1/1, pelinals and nma, 3 infused dmg jewelry, steed mundus new mag gold food. It worked okay, but sustain was a pain so i wanted to improve it.

I ended up crafting a NMA sharp lightning staff, so i lose the cost increase on my backbar- which is a potentates infused bow with berserker enchant.

This allows me to either have a 2 pc potentates and monster set, or 3 pc potentates and 1 pc monster, I've been going back and forth. Monster has been 1 pc domi or 2 balorgh.

I also crafted pelinals in medium, so now I'm using 5m/2h- which lets me run vigor, run fast (orc!), streak, cheaper deal for more mag, and since its a bow, i can restore stam at range. It's pretty crazy how well it works honestly lol

Still haven't decided whether aegis or daggers is better, the daggers+10% extra light attack damage works really well on bow bar but more mag is always nice.

So, that all being said, here's the stats with continuous buff, berserker enchant and w/e skills i had slotted, i had the daggers for these stats though

Destro: 30.7/1048 mag/recov - 26.2/1362 heath/recov - 20.5/1125 stam/recov

4950 wpn/spell dmg, 22.7% spell crit 30.2% wpn crit 19k resists

Bow: Same except, 4.1k dmg, 35% weapon crit 22% spell crit.

It looks like it has bad sustain and its squishy, but i assure you it really isn't lol. Vigor, deal, ward, and the speedy bow roll dodge is a great combo lol.

One of the funnest builds I've made!

@Gatdangmayne

Do you have a full link to this build? It sounds interesting. As one tip just by looking at what you wrote, 5m-1H-1L (heavy chest and light belt) should be a touch better.

Have you tried adding mist too? Mist and dodge roll have a synergy, use mist to reset your dodge roll stacks.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 7, 2020 12:27PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Iskiab

Sorry uesp is a pain to work with on my phone, ill see if i can put it in when i get home later today though.

I've got it all pretty well memorized though, besides my exact cp which is still a work in progress anyway, and i did swap over to medium when i crafted my NMA destro, just using 5m/2h because i goofed on my crafting and was too lazy to swap just for the 5/1/1 lol.

There's basically two ways ive been running it: Orc, sugar skulls, steed(might try out the crit % mundus though). NMA lightning sharpened with restore mag, potentates infused bow with berserker enchant.

Jewelry is one part i swap, it's either 3x NMA infused wpn damage, or 2x NMA infused wpn dmg+potentate neck arcane with wpn dmg. If i had made the NMA for this specifically i probably would have gone with arcane.

Anyway, so besides the one jewelry everything is the same, except one monster piece is replaced with a NMA piece.

I went with all max mag glyphs, and all impen so i could deal with only 75 in the first red tree, though i can see the merit of infused head/chest/waist with tri stats and using just mag/health food.

If using 3 pc potentates, 1 pc domi is the obvious choice IMO.

Also i feel its worth mentioning i struggled deciding on weapons. I knew i wanted to have either a lightning or resto, either would have also worked for the backbar. If i had a resto i probably would've went DW NMA swords front or a 2h sword. After trying what I've got, i actually think a NMA bow would've been really awesome frontbar with either resto or destro back.

I decided on lightning for obvious sorc reasons, and bow literally only for the roll dodge passive and ranged stam regen.

So anyway, this is the gear i have now:

Head: Heavy, NMA/Monster
    Chest: Heavy, Pelinals
    Shoulders: Medium, Domihaus/Monster
    Hands: Medium, Pelinals
    Waist: Medium, Pelinals
    Legs: Medium, Pelinals
    Feet: Medium, Pelinals
    Neck: Arcane Potentates/Infused NMA
    Rings: Infused NMAx2

Skills are still a work in progress, I'm super rusty as a "mag" sorc and a better sorc could do better sure, also psijic and mages would be helpful but alas i have neither on this alt. That being said, the skill bars i was using last were:

Frontbar destro: Hurricane (large aoe, higher wpn crit=more surge heals), crit surge, hardened ward (empowered maybe better), wrath aoe version, frag/impulse, dawnbreaker of smiting/negate/EoTS

Backbar bow: Vigor, dark deal, bound daggers(might go aegis), BoL(might go streak idk yet, flex, been using reviving barrier (~140 cost w potentates) or dawnbreaker

As far as cp, i dumped into shields red tree to the tune of 17%-20% a few into heals taken and player light/heavy damage, standardish besides that. I have 75/120/75 IIRC.

Green trees i have around 18% break free, a few in sprint. Around 20% roll dodge, around 9% block. 12% heavy restore, and then health/mag/stam all at i believe 7%-9%.

Blue, i have 75/120/75 again. Roughly 7% mag damage, maybe a few into heals, the rest in pen. 20%ish direct, then slightly more into staff attacks than physical weapon attacks but some in both. Lastly, around 1000 phys pen, 12-15% dot, 5%-6% phys dmg, the rest into stam crit-since vigor is my main heal, and hopefully dark conversion (stam for mag) also scales but idk.

Super fast, hits hard, nobody knows wtf im doing when i bow light attack spam into a bound dagger proc into streak into impulse spam dawnbreaker. A LOT of people either literally stopped attacking to watch and see wtf i was doing, and plenty more seemed to fatally underestimate the amount of damage and survivability i have lmao.

When i get more playtime and fine tune it a little more i plan on making a stand alone post for this build and a proper video showing gameplay and whatnot. I save a ton of my playtime though, so anecdotally i was hitting people for:

Hurricane: 300-1200 per tick
    Bound daggers: 400-1k per tick
    Impulse: 2.5-6k
    Frag: 5-9k
    Wrath: 4-7k
    Dawnbreaker: 4-10k, 2-3k dot ticks
    EoTS:3.5-6k per tick

As far as mist form, it could definitely work- but personally if i was going to use mist i think i would've went with NMA 2h frontbar and either an infused or defending lightning or resto staff, to make use of the awesome synergy between rally and mist, so i would lose vigor for rally and probably go with heavy armor for a vamp.

Side note, I'm confident this build would work great on nightblade, and probably on any class depending on the exact setup.

Happy to answer any other questions or listen to suggestions though- real theorycrafters are hard to find lol.