Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG PC-NA] Losing Credit for Scalebreaker Achievements

Valkner
Valkner
✭✭✭
My main character is an achievement hunter but has been suffering from a recurring achievement bug with the Scalebreaker patch. I completed Scalebreaker 100%, but since then have been steadily losing credit for my hard earned achievements randomly when I log in. Even the achievements awarded retroactively upon first logging into the Scalebreaker patch have since been lost: Alliance War Skill Master, Psijic Order Skill Master, and Ledgerdemain Skill Master. Obviously my character meets the requirements for these achievements, and had them at start of patch, but has since lost credit for them.

I have now also started to lose credit for the Scalebreaker dungeon achievements.
ijq45lywnhfw.png

I submitted a bug report over a week ago about this issue, ticket #191005-003590, and have also forwarded the issue to class reps. Have not heard any info back regarding the matter. I am dreading logging on to my main character in fears of losing more hard earned achievements.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_Finn
Edited by Valkner on October 17, 2019 9:20PM
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm this bug, also I know of other people in game who experienced the same bug with missing achievements.
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    I logged in yesterday and over half of my completed Housing achievements got reset. It happened shortly after Elsweyr released but now it's happening again.

I don't want to have to go redo all of them again...
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Valkner

Please refer to my reply to ShellaSunshine about previous Achievements being no longer recorded (or, if recorded, not displayed): PC-NA Housing Achievments Resetting

By the way, in your OP, you must include the platform and the mega-server on which you play TESO, i.e., the one on which you have encountered the problem. ZOS cannot investigate without that information. Please read Guidelines For Bug Report Forum before posting a bug report.

Edited by Shadowshire on October 18, 2019 2:37AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Valkner
    Valkner
    ✭✭✭
    Encountering this bug on PC NA, but after discussing with others experiencing it, it is not server specific.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks so much for the info, everyone. We've pinpointed what's causing this issue, and are working to get it fixed for a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina, can/will these lost achievements be corrected when the patch goes live?

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    HansK wrote: »
    Thanks Gina, can/will these lost achievements be corrected when the patch goes live?

From what we can tell, the achievements are actually still there on the backend, so they haven't actually been lost. Depending on how it gets fixed, the hope is they will just re-appear on their own once the fix rolls out, but that's still TBD.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this is completely related, but something similar happened with a friend. We ran normal Sunspire with a group and completed it, more than once, but then either he never got the completion credit or the dragon head trophy or it reset and he didn't notice because he doesn't track achievements all that much. I know he completed the Trial because I ran it with him and I got it, but he didn't.

He sent a ticket about it, but the only answer he got was "just run the Trial again" (which we haven't been able to get a group together to do, and seems like overall a bad answer when he hasn't gotten it after running the Trial multiple times). I'm not sure if he still has the ticket number or not, but maybe this is related to this bug?
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, on which platform and mega-server did the events you described occur (or not occur)?? Were they on PC NA?? If not, then please read the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum and disclose that information.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BillE
    thegreatme wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is completely related, but something similar happened with a friend. We ran normal Sunspire with a group and completed it, more than once, but then either he never got the completion credit or the dragon head trophy or it reset and he didn't notice because he doesn't track achievements all that much. I know he completed the Trial because I ran it with him and I got it, but he didn't.

Ordinarily, when a delve, dungeon, or trial is "completed" by a character, the game software displays an announcement of that fact on the HUD (i.e., for that player to read). If the character has satisfied the requirement(s) for an Achievement, that will be announced. If a Trophy is added to the player's collections, then that will also be announced on the HUD.

When there is no corresponding announcement, then:
    1. either the character has not satisfied the requirements to "complete" the venue, or has already completed the delve, dungeon, or trial previously;
    2. either the requirement for the achievement (if any) has not been satisfied, or the achievement is already currently recorded;
    3. either the character has not satisfied the requirement to be awarded the trophy (if any), or the trophy was previously added to the player's Collections.
    For example, my character joined a fight with a delve boss after another player's character began it. But after the boss died, there was no announcement that the delve was completed. What I did not know is that there were four "adds" nearby which the other player's character had already killed before attacking the boss. They re-spawned after the boss was dead. After my character killed them, the announcement that my character had completed the delve was displayed.

Which is to also note that, if a character departs too quickly from the area where a fight occurred, then no announcements will be shown on that player's HUD. Also, it is possible (1) that the character might not be acknowledged as completing the delve, dungeon, or trial, and/or (2) their achievement, if any, might not be recognized, and/or (3) a trophy -- if one is awarded -- might not added to the player's collections.

Else, the only time that such an announcement(s) have not been displayed when they would have been, is when my character was killed either just before or just after the Boss was shown as dying and/or dead on the HUD.
      In that situation, an announcement(s) was not shown regardless of whether the character fought alone, or was aided by other PCs who joined the battle, or was a member of group which fought the enemy. However, in my experience, there is some inconsistency as to whether a dead or dying character who is a member of a group will nonetheless receive any acknowledgement for participating in the battle. Also, a resurrected character might not have an opportunity to loot a corpse(s).
    For example, during the recent Elsweyr Dragon event, my character should (?) have received 2 Event Tickets for participating in a specific fight with a Dragon. However, the HUD showed that my character died while the Dragon fell over dead. The Event Tickets were not added to the total shown on the Bags > Currency display panel. After participating in a fight with another Dragon before the next re-set (i.e., on the same day), my character was alive, and two Event Tickets were awarded.

If that situation has never happened with your friend's character, then there is a problem in the game software.

As Support advised, after a player re-plays the action(s) necessary to satisfy the requirements for an achievement that was not awarded, then sometimes it will be shown as earned on the Journal Achievements feature. Else, there is a problem with the software, and not just because the achievement was not recorded the first time, or it has since been "re-set" to not recognized.

Edited by Shadowshire on October 19, 2019 11:03PM

• wrath_of_erana
    wrath_of_erana
    ✭✭✭
    so whether or not you get to keep your achievement is TBD. is my refund TBD?
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    so whether or not you get to keep your achievement is TBD. is my refund TBD?
    In my experience, a refund does not remain "to be determined". ZOS has already decided that there will not be one. :neutral:

• wrath_of_erana
    wrath_of_erana
    ✭✭✭
    that is because zos doesnt gaf as ive said like 100 times
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, on which platform and mega-server did the events you described occur (or not occur)?? Were they on PC NA?? If not, then please read the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum and disclose that information.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BillE

Ordinarily, when a delve, dungeon, or trial is "completed" by a character, the game software displays an announcement of that fact on the HUD (i.e., for that player to read). If the character has satisfied the requirement(s) for an Achievement, that will be announced. If a Trophy is added to the player's collections, then that will also be announced on the HUD.

When there is no corresponding announcement, then:
    1. either the character has not satisfied the requirements to "complete" the venue, or has already completed the delve, dungeon, or trial previously;
    2. either the requirement for the achievement (if any) has not been satisfied, or the achievement is already currently recorded;
    3. either the character has not satisfied the requirement to be awarded the trophy (if any), or the trophy was previously added to the player's Collections.
    -snip-

Its on PC-NA, yes, which is why I replied to this. I know for a fact this person ran a full completion of Sunspire including adds/sidebosses, at least once, but I think three times? They never got the Nahviintaas head trophy which the only requirement for is "Complete Sunspire". They can buy the achievement furnishings tied to completing Sunspire (the dragon doors from the achievement furnisher, which is on display in their house), but they don't have the dragon head trophy. Which leads me to believe this is a bug, not a matter of non-completion.

ZoS's given solution via support ticket was just "get a group and complete it again". I'd think completing it three times previous and not getting it any of those three times would send home the point that running it a fourth time probably won't produce any better results. That's assuming of course being able to actually get a group together to run and complete it (haven't had a lot of luck finding groups that are both capable of completing Sunspire and aren't rude at the same time, and frankly a digital trophy isn't worth putting up with BS repeatedly when the game is bugged).
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    HansK wrote: »

From what we can tell, the achievements are actually still there on the backend, so they haven't actually been lost. Depending on how it gets fixed, the hope is they will just re-appear on their own once the fix rolls out, but that's still TBD.

I'm on PC-NA server.

When Blessed Crucible was a pledge (this week), I checked my veteran dungeon achievements on my main character. This is the ONLY character I hunt achievements on.

I saw that I needed a no death run for Blessed Crucible, Tempest Island, and Spindleclutch One. After I completed my Blessed Crucible no death achievement, I had to go back to the veteran dungeons list because the achievement didn't pop up on my screen after completion of dungeon.

I did end up getting the Blessed Crucible no death achievement BUT my Darkshade II no death achievement got reset.
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More players are experiencing issues with achievements disappearing since Dragonhold got released. When can we expect a fix? It’s been 3 months already.
  • Chiroky
    Chiroky
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Did we get an update? When can we expect a fix?

Since Monday (Dragonhold) more and more people have the problem and it would be good to know what we can expect...
    I cant play my main char and the new DLC as long there is no new information whats about the lost achievements and the problem to dont get more...
    PC/ EU
    Main: Amelia Hamilton (Sorc)
    Achievementpoints: 42 225 (100 % pre Greymoor)
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes me too.
    also cant use Ancient Dragonguard station because achievement is missing but have all for that...
    achievement funisher missing because im at 0 quests...

plz do something asap.

Edited by The_Saint on October 24, 2019 10:06AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and i dont get witcher titel because my counter always reset...

please zos
    Edited by The_Saint on October 25, 2019 6:33AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My housing achieves have reset and I'm super paranoid about doing new content. I too would really like some sort of eta on fixing this or at least an update on the issue.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another patch dropped and no fix in sight. This issue requires more attention.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have event and EU servers are down every day for hours.
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    today i lost my soul magic skill line achievement. another 50 points gone. This is so highly annoying. on top of that, my dragonguard and dragon minion quest progress has reset to zero. -_-
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Necron77
    Necron77
    today i lost my soul magic skill line and psijic order skill line, too. 100 points away
    i dont thing there is a way to got it back...
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still checking back to see if there is any new info. so far ive lost:
    soul magic skillline-50pts
    dragon hold quests:
    a new beginning-10
    helping the helpless-10
    leaves on the wind-10
    dragonguard style master-50 (now blank)
    dranconic minion slayer -10 (reset to zero)
    dragon killer -30 (reset to zero)

I also randomly lose and regain various houseing achievements as i port in and out of my house.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this is the only achievement bug thread that has gotten a dev response that I know of.

Is this still an issue for you PC players?

I’m missing my daily rewards and just reading about the game instead of playing at this point. I read the PS4 patch notes but I didn’t see anything about a fix and nothing here as well.

Some info please
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is very much still an issue!! One that is making me increasingly angry every day it goes unaddressed.

I am up to eleven achievements lost now, 300 points. And I know some people who are up to 700 points lost! Most lost progress is in Dragonhold, Scalebreaker, and skill line achieves (soul magic, psijic, etc). And YES, losing these achieves makes them unpurchasable on other characters!

I was patient at first, submitted bug reports, etc. But its been WEEKS now, and we had one single response here with nothing since (no response at all to my bug reports). I dont hardly even want to play, when everything I do is at risk of being lost. What really gets me angry now is just the lack of communication, which to me is basically a sign that they could care less about our problem.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you lose achievements by playing Dragonhold or by any activity?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker any news? Is this just a UI issue and we can continue playing or we'll have to grind everything again?
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost them when i simply logged in the next day. they were there at log out (in various areas) and gone when logged back in. there is some speculation that there is a hidden achievement count and you will lose achievements as you gain any past a certain point. But I dont know how true that is, though it sounds reasonable. and I DEFINITELY want to know the same thing you do, because many of these do not seem to be able to be reground (as in lost quests where npcs no longer appear, and skill lines where im already at max level but no achieve)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @Zyva for your reply. I spread the news to my friends on PS4, but so far no one I know has noticed any achievements lost. Of course, it might not affect everyone and even if it does you might not know right away.

I guess I will continue to avoid playing, because if it’s a bug in the PC code it is likely to be an issue on all platforms.

I just renewed my ESO Plus not long ago, I hate to not play but hope that a patch that comes later will avoid any losses that cannot be reversed.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Valkner
    Valkner
    ✭✭✭
    So my hidden achievement cap is about 38,315 points. Any time I go over that number, I will lose something so my overall stays the same or lower. Other people are reporting different numbers but the same issue. I have had this bug for over 2 months now and it seems it was pushed to consoles too.