The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS has gone all weird

Elara_Northwind
Elara_Northwind
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was under the impression that it was still EU transfer this week, but there is no transfer at all? We have none of our things from either server, is this intended? It's really quite annoying! I've been waiting for the next few days to go on pts, as I have some free time and believed it would be EU transfer, it's really very strange! I even named my character the name of my main on both EU and NA, and the name isn't taken, so it's like nobody ever existed :joy:
Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just logged into the PTS to check this out and its the same for me. No characters, only option was to make a new character. Its acting like a completely brand new account, even in the mailbox and crates areas.

*edited due to me being a massive skimmer and not paying attention as I click buttons and switch screens to type this out lol, apologies
    Edited by Loralai_907 on October 7, 2019 6:52PM
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just logged into the PTS to check this out and its the same for me. No characters, only option was to make a new character and run it through the tutorial. Its acting like a completely brand new account, even in the mailbox and crates areas.

Yes, I got a load of crates, welcome emails, it's really strange! I hope that they fix it!

• Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mommadani907
    You can skip the tutorial if you use a template character
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We ran into an issue during maintenance this morning and in order to get PTS back up as quickly as possible, we decided to open with just the template option and no character copies. So it is intended that there are currently no NA or EU copied characters. Next week, we'll need to do another character copy for internal testing, and will likely do the usual PC NA for the last week. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Umm...ok. There are 2 events to test this week, which at least EU could have had an easier time testing. Plus, I think that EU should be copied next week, no? I'm NA, so I definitely wouldn't mind having my characters again, but that seems to be unfair to our EU cousins, who only got their characters last week.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 7, 2019 6:54PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention were we in EU Tamriel not also a week less on the last PTS cycle too because of technical issues?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno,

The EU character copy has been problematic for some time now. I assume it's related to the large size of the database coupled with high latency to transfer the data set from abroad. Is this something that the account cold storage optimization scheduled for next year should be able to help with? Or perhaps there could be some sort of registration process for only the people who plan to even log in to PTS can opt-in to have their data transferred? I assume that the vast majority of data being transferred isn't even needed, since most people never log in to PTS.

Thanks!
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    dizzying swing isnt fixed pts is ***
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We ran into an issue during maintenance this morning and in order to get PTS back up as quickly as possible, we decided to open with just the template option and no character copies. So it is intended that there are currently no NA or EU copied characters. Next week, we'll need to do another character copy for internal testing, and will likely do the usual PC NA for the last week. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

So just one week EU chars...again...
    Thats not good :-1:
    Edited by The_Saint on October 8, 2019 10:51AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I honestly think ZOS should just give us templates in the first week and then leave it be for the rest of the PTS, that way you don't have to re-create characters all the time. This whole swapping around is causing more headaches than anything else.

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This may be something worth while to convey to the community as it happens rather than us having to come here and make a thread about it. It is pretty simple communication between the team and the community, pretty much just saying "Hey, character copies aren't available this week due to an issue we had but we brought it online as fast as we could so you guys could test the new changes." The little things go a lot farther than you give them credit for.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    I honestly think ZOS should just give us templates in the first week and then leave it be for the rest of the PTS, that way you don't have to re-create characters all the time. This whole swapping around is causing more headaches than anything else.

I agree. It was nice having our characters when the templates were incomplete, but they are pretty good now and have everything you need.

I even delete a character and create a new one when the NA copies are up.
    Playing since beta...
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Umm...ok. There are 2 events to test this week, which at least EU could have had an easier time testing. Plus, I think that EU should be copied next week, no? I'm NA, so I definitely wouldn't mind having my characters again, but that seems to be unfair to our EU cousins, who only got their characters last week.

I agree, we seem to get pushed aside here on EU every single pts cycle due to some technical difficulty or another. It’s not exactly fair treatment that we miss out on EU transfer once again...

I know allot of people don't mind the templates, but many of us do, particularly those of us who are primarily interested in testing out the new homes, not having our characters and our things is actually extremely difficult. I've waited all of these weeks in order to have EU transfer during some time off so that I was able to really put Potentate's Retreat through it's paces, and give an informed review of it, but I am not really able to do this now, without much added difficulty.

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes make the pts templates only. I'm so tired of having to reset everything every week.
    Edited by phileunderx2 on October 8, 2019 6:36PM
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭

I know allot of people don't mind the templates, but many of us do, particularly those of us who are primarily interested in testing out the new homes, not having our characters and our things is actually extremely difficult.

Agreed, I would much prefer to have access to my own toons over template characters when testing out housing on the PTS.

• BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

The problem may be that the changes they implement requires a server reset and could potentially cause elements to be tested in pts not be effect by future pts patches
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »

I know allot of people don't mind the templates, but many of us do, particularly those of us who are primarily interested in testing out the new homes, not having our characters and our things is actually extremely difficult.

Agreed, I would much prefer to have access to my own toons over template characters when testing out housing on the PTS.

Yes! I think most housing people would, and for me it's not purely for housing either! When there are new dungeons or other new content, I much prefer to use my characters from the live servers than have to create templates!

• TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that it will be EU copy this week, because... seriously. Makes me wanting to move to NA. And you, NA folks, don't want us EU folks all moving to NA making it EU in terms of performance.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    I really hope that it will be EU copy this week, because... seriously. Makes me wanting to move to NA. And you, NA folks, don't want us EU folks all moving to NA making it EU in terms of performance.

It's NA :neutral: They don't need people to test on EU, apparently :joy: