The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

More GM activity PLEASE

Crucified4sin
Crucified4sin
✭✭✭
I log onto eso to have fun and enjoy myself. The options for entertainment are dang near endless, quests, dungeons, crafting, pvp, and the obvious exploration of a beautiful world!

However when I enter town and into zone voice chat (knowing children are playing mind you) and hear people threatening other players while console profile stalking (most are attached to social media) and onto physical harm, it turns my stomach.

Just the other day myself and a few others were subject to such an event.

Someone felt safe enough with the lack of gm activity to stalk profiles, find personal info, spout it out in chat, followed closely by threats of physical harm, I quote "I got boys in (your city) They gon' turn up at yo house and pistol whip you"

I wish GM's spent more time listening to what goes on in chat.. don't get me wrong, a bit of banter is expected, a socially acceptable rivalry perhaps, a bit of foul language here and there, that's fine, I've got no problem with that, aand am guilty myself..... listening to physical threats however is another thing. Especially when your personal info is provided so easily through the console system itself (admittedly not under zos control)

I do feel if we had more active game managers they would be able to monitor what was going on in chat, taking a more affirmative approach on these toxic people in our community therefore making it a safer more friendly place for the majority of us to play and socialize
Edited by Crucified4sin on October 6, 2019 5:13AM
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont worry, they will increase GM activity by 5000% next patch...

50000% of 0 is..
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are encountering players harassing or threatening others we recommend reporting them through the in-game reporting system.

You can do so by to navigating to the Player Menu ([Menu] on Xbox One and select the Help Menu. From there select the Customer Service Menu and submit a ticket under the appropriate category type.

Please provide the following information:
    • The name of the player that you want to report
    • The reason why you are reporting this player (Spam, Botting or Harassment)
    • The date and time when the incident happened
    • The megaserver you are playing on
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Reports do nothing I see the same hate speech, racists self harm promoting scum for 4.5 years on this game. At best they slap them on the wrist and a couple days later they are right back at it.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Darsaga wrote: »
    Reports do nothing I see the same hate speech, racists self harm promoting scum for 4.5 years on this game. At best they slap them on the wrist and a couple days later they are right back at it.

I totally agree, reporting people does nothing more than grant you an automated response

I mean

Is it really that hard for zos to have a roster of people willing to play thier own game, to ensure the peace of mind of thier clientele?

Pay me, I'll do it!

Dang