The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How was this overlooked?

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Last patch the functionality of jumping in ESO got changed, which for consoles means when you press the jump button you instantly jump, versus jumping when you release the jump button. On console, you must press block and jump simultaneously in order to execute a dodge roll. Previously this was done by FIRST pressing and holding A (the jump button), THEN tapping LT (the block button) so that the dodge roll could be instantly executed without being forced to block. NOW YOU MUST BLOCK BEFORE YOU CAN DODGE. This is one of the worst changes that has ever gone unnoticed by the masses in my opinion. I straight up cannot dodge roll in combat without spending stam blocking for no reason whatsoever.

Please revert this.
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this too but wasn’t sure what changed. It’s particularly annoying when you are rooted and try to dodge roll but instead block 47 attacks in an instant from the zerglings that rooted you instead of dodge rolling. There goes half my stam and I’m still rooted.

This is a minor change with huge implications. Some people might not understand that, but believe us when we say the old way was better
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many wonder why a small part of the community freak out over little changes like this but when you add up the nerfs, buffs, movement, speed, healing and damage changes, it feels like there's no stable game to play with.
  • Wheresthetea11
    Wheresthetea11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy- no wonder I keep block jumping instead of dodging... I thought I was going crazy
  • b95fister
    b95fister
    ✭✭✭
    Wow so that is the cause on console? I was wondering why I was jump blocking so much and getting one shot by bosses. I adapted by holding block for a second first then pressing a button as you said it hard walk/sprint into a roll doge now that I have to block for a split second first........
    Edited by b95fister on September 30, 2019 8:42PM
  • GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this too... tried to roll dodge but stood around like a space cadet instead. Took me a while to figure out the change... agreed... old way was better. By far.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    And here I thought it was my old as hell controller screwing up on me after my 2 year old got a hold of it.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I thought something was broken this patch until I went back figured out it was this change that they made. One of the worst changes they've ever made with no reasoning whatsoever. Needs to be reverted.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_RobGarrett
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late to the party Liam I think usmguy mentioned it a few weeks ago lol
    In my eyes its yet another change that shows zos does not play their own game ..
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they even touch jumping?
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they fix this soon
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread on this in the last pts. It didn't get that much attention
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why did they even touch jumping?

Why do they touch anything that no one asks for? The world may never know.
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    Seriously thought it was me as well. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    I believed it was bc of the common lag as I only played during prime time recently in Cyro (PS4 EU). It felt clunky as hell and annoyed me several times.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only PC's are on PTS. Few would even use a controller, so I can see how it was missed.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Last patch the functionality of jumping in ESO got changed, which for consoles means when you press the jump button you instantly jump, versus jumping when you release the jump button. On console, you must press block and jump simultaneously in order to execute a dodge roll. Previously this was done by FIRST pressing and holding A (the jump button), THEN tapping LT (the block button) so that the dodge roll could be instantly executed without being forced to block. NOW YOU MUST BLOCK BEFORE YOU CAN DODGE. This is one of the worst changes that has ever gone unnoticed by the masses in my opinion. I straight up cannot dodge roll in combat without spending stam blocking for no reason whatsoever.

Please revert this.

I always bloked first then roll dodge
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please revert this.

If you're taking damage and you roll dodge in this manner, you will unnecessarily spend stamina on blocking prior to dodging. This is NOT the proper way to execute a dodge roll on console, but it is now the only way
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Dogzey
    Dogzey
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was just me ....
    PS4 EU [810CP] - (Clairvoyance)

PvE High Elf Mag DK - Irelia Dragneel (Voice of Reason) (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
    PvE Orc Stam DK - Minato Uzamaki
    PvE Breton Templar - Ashura Namikaze (Voice of Reason)
    PvE Altmer Magcro - Zeref Dragneel
    PvE Orc Stamcro - Saphira Dragonsbane (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
    PvE Orc Stam Sorc - Laxus Dreyar
    PvE Imperial DK Tank- Tartarus the Abyss
    PvE Dumner Magblade - Apex the Destroyer (Flawless Conqueror)
    PvE/PVP Orc Stamblade - IIzuna Uchiha
    PvE Altmer Warden Healer - Lady Netch

PVP Dumner Mag DK - Lady Embers

Clears
    vAS HM
    vMoL HM
    vHoF HM
    vCR +1
    vSS
    Craglorns HM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please revert this.

I posted a thread about this month's ago and it got completely ignored by zos. Thank you for bringing this back up. Hopefully it won't get ignored this time.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/491883/dodge-roll-on-console#latest
    Edited by usmguy1234 on October 1, 2019 1:50PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Lockblock or even worse is when you roll dodge and you get a block animation after the roll.
    Stamblade Main.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** i knew something was different reguarding this! I keep going to roll dodge then not moving at all.
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Ok good to know I wasn’t the only one. To bad though.....
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing on Xbox for about 18 months and I've always dodge rolled by holding the left trigger and taping A. That's how it was explained in the combat tips when I started playing...
    Edited by iRaivyne on October 1, 2019 2:51PM
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a massive problem and the way it just snuck in there made me think I was losing my mind. Thank you for making this thread. Thanks to others including @usmguy1234 who have brought this up.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iRaivyne wrote: »
    I started playing on Xbox for about 18 months and I've always dodge rolled by holding the left trigger and taping A. That's how it was explained in the combat tips when I started playing...

Good to hear the developers dont even play their own game. No one would blame you for learning based on the combat tips, but the fact is that executing a roll in this manner while taking damage causes you to block incoming damage prior to rolling, resulting in extra stamina cost. This isnt as big of an issue in things like questing, overland content, and non DLC dungeons. But in veteran pve content and trials, or pvp, this is a pretty serious issue.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the worst changes that has ever gone

Please revert this.

im sory you dont like this change but many of us DO like this change. and we have been asking for a change like this for a long tiome and we want more changes to jumping, and the fix of this jumping exploit that you guys have been using for a long time.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even notice anything changed, and if anything, I roll dodge way too much.

But I'm definitely irrationally angry now.

Please revert this.

If you're taking damage and you roll dodge in this manner, you will unnecessarily spend stamina on blocking prior to dodging. This is NOT the proper way to execute a dodge roll on console, but it is now the only way

Only if you're moving. I also have always either hit trigger first, or simultaneously with A. I play Mag and didn't even notice this until you posted yesterday.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Console is definitely on the back burner for ZOS. Sad to say it does not appear they test on console beyond turning the game on for a short test run.

Thanks for the information on dodging I thought I was crazy trying to dodge at times.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of posts, we would like to remind everyone to keep all posts on topic and refrain from derailing the thread.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    This is one of the worst changes that has ever gone

Please revert this.

im sory you dont like this change but many of us DO like this change. and we have been asking for a change like this for a long tiome and we want more changes to jumping, and the fix of this jumping exploit that you guys have been using for a long time.

You don't even play on console you muppet
    Edited by TheYKcid on October 1, 2019 6:49PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden