The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did you feel offended...

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inaya wrote: »
    I just want everyone to know that 86.7% of all statistics are made up. And I am offended because your were offended that someone might be offended by something that offended someone and is not offesive.

I'm offended by your lack of an avatar. Does that make us buddies now? :P
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Auger did not offend me. Partly because I found 'irritating' a more fitting word since when you get offended you are surrendering control. I actually did not mind the long quest line as much as many but certainly disliked the Auger and could not wait to throw it away. Put the stupid momento in one of my homes? Haha, not a chance.

I found my Bosmer's overall treatment by the Altmer of Summerset and Dunmer of Morrowind to be much more condescending than the annoying Auger.

In the bigger picture, I believe that the right to free speech and the right to not be offended cannot coexist. Given that, I'll opt for free speech every time and don't really care about myself or anyone else being offended.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want everyone to know that 86.7% of all statistics are made up. And I am offended because your were offended that someone might be offended by something that offended someone and is not offesive.

I got one just for you! Can we still be buddies? :D
  • Čičiliusku
    Čičiliusku
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about this bait....

There are worse insults in the game than ''meatbrain'' (is it even an insult?). But I believe we shouldn't dictate when someone should or shouldn't be offended.

The word you're referring to was abused for a long time against a certain people, so I understand why some would be angry when hearing it. It's the same story with the oldest job namecalling.

Anyway, I took this too serious......

This bird is watching you from afar
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was not offended
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Just words. Can't believe you even made a post about this nonsense.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one just for you! Can we still be buddies? :D

Sure.
    Edited by starkerealm on September 30, 2019 2:33PM
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what did offend me? Having to suffer such a grind for a few skills. THAT was an offense.

Thankfully, you can simply progress your skill lines through the crown store advancement now after being initially offended. :D
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Inaya, I'm sorry, but it was brought up in the original post.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@starkerealm asking if meathead was the same, which is ludicrous
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@starkerealm asking if meathead was the same, which is ludicrous

Right, and if it hadn't been brought up in the original post, we'd be fine. It would have been enough to say, "is this a slur?" But, here we are.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I didn’t feel offended, especially since, as you point out, the augur is an entirely different being. Sort of like the Star Trek TNG episode with the crystal entities that call the crew “ugly bags of mostly water.”

As for the rest, language is important whether any individual takes offense to a particular term or not. Yes, as others have stated there are far worse problems in the world however, some atrocities may find their start, may find fertile ground, from words that are used and how they can subconsciously shape or reinforce viewing groups of people as inferior or “other.” It may be when they are part of everyday speech and not recognized by the majority as offensive that they are most dangerous I think.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 30, 2019 3:57PM
  • Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Weird topic.

So what race was the Augur? Seemed to treat all mortals equally bad. If it didn’t have a race, then any negative stuff it said would be called something different right?

I don’t know. This is just something I never thought about.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am an organic creature. My brain is made of meat, so...
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a handful of nonconstructive and inappropriate comments. This is a reminder that discussing real-world politics, hate speech, and posting comments with the intention of baiting other community members, is not acceptable on the ESO forums. Please take some time to review our forum rules if you are not already familiar with them.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.