Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Does anyone else have a problem with their mouse not working in-game?

teri262
teri262
Soul Shriven
Sometimes my mouse won't respond to my trying to turn in the game. Could someone--other than myself--be manipulating my mouse as a joke or something? It doesn't happen in any other game I play or in anything else outside of ESO. I also use a G13 gamepad--but, like I said, it only happens sometimes in ESO. It is very frustrating--I have even bought a new mouse and mousepad--and still the same problem!

Best Answers

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @teri262

Check that no other USB control devices are connected to your PC, then try switching the USB port your mouse is connected to. If your mouse continues to become unresponsive, we recommend testing it in other software or on a second device to check if the issue is hardware related.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • teri262
    teri262
    Soul Shriven
    Thx so much--I'll try that--here's hoping...
    Answer ✓
  • Kraezy
    Kraezy
    ✭✭✭
    If you find it's not Hardware related, the below might help.
    • Disable / Uninstall any Anti-Virus software (for testing purposes)
    • Disable Hardware Acceleration (In Windows / Ingame)
    • Drop your DPI on your mouse to it's Native DPI (Or to the lowest and then increase in increments)
    • Update Drivers
    • Lower Graphical settings / Resolution

Just a few of the fixes pertaining to mouse issues.
    Answer ✓
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno how deep the posts are buried, but when my brother and I had some strange mouse issues, it turned out to be the anti-virus we were using at the time (Avast). If you want to hunt for them, I think they are in the PC tech support section. I'm too sleepy to look (haven't been to bed yet).
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
    Answer ✓
  • teri262
    teri262
    Soul Shriven
    Thx to the guys who gave advice on this mouse issue! I have tried some of the advice already--like updating my drivers and lowering the dpi on my mouse--now I'm just waiting to get back into the game when server is up, to test it out. I only have this issue in ESO--I play a couple of other games and I never have this issue. I have AVG anti-virus--but it seems to be okay.