The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to login

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Message is saying the login failed and the my user name or password may be incorrect (which it is not). Then it says if I purchased the game through Steam to start the game through the Steam Client.

I originally purchased the game through Steam but in December 2018, to avoid using Steam, I purchased a separate copy of the game and have been logging in successfully through that purchase. Then occasionally I get a Timeout, please try again error.

Anyone else having issues?
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly the same issues, yeah. Got kicked out of a dungeon right at the end boss, and I couldn't log back in and got the same error message.

So far I have tried:
    - Restarting the launcher.
    - Restarting my computer.
    - Trying to log in with and without Steam.
    - Trying to log in to the NA and PTS servers (I play on EU).
    - Changing my password (twice).

Nothing so far. Let's see...

Update: Randomly logged in. Guess it's fixed?
    Edited by Lariana on September 28, 2019 9:03PM
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the exact same issue.

I purchased ESO AGAIN with current expansion and have been logging in WITHOUT steam for 6 weeks now on the newly purchased account.

I logged out about 15-20 minutes ago and now it will not let me log back in, I get the same message.

the ONLY reason I came back and played is because I do not have to go through steam, if I have to go through steam again I 100% will not play or pay ESO for this game.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just now tried to log in (without steam) and I am in character select.

Whatever issue they had appears to be resolved, for now.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    I just now tried to log in (without steam) and I am in character select.

Whatever issue they had appears to be resolved, for now.

Thanks for the update. Just tried again and it's working now. Somebody must have flipped the wrong switch. :/
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread as there is already another discussion ongoing about the recent Steam issues. The Steam login issues affecting players should now be resolved. Please let us know if you still are unable to login to ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.