The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Radiant Apex Sanguivorian Howler mount

Sporvan
Sporvan
✭✭✭✭✭
The Radiant Apex Sanguivorian Howler particle effect stops working when you run. Disappointing for such an extremely rare item and most likely a bug?

There is literally _no_effect_ when you run with this mount, making it look like a regular black wolf. Surely this can't be intentional?

Even the regular Apex New Moon Wolf has some effects...
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 15, 2023 5:36PM
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    My plagueborn senche stops his green poison drool drip upon running as well, so it probably isn’t a bug but a design choice. It would be cool if they made it stay no matter the speed though
    Edited by Felexir on September 20, 2019 3:48PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felexir wrote: »
    My plagueborn senche stops his green poison drool drip upon running as well, so it probably isn’t a bug but a design choice. It would be cool if they made it stay no matter the speed though

The Plague senche still has the green flames when it runs... the Howler literally has _nothing_. Besides the poison drool wouldn't make sense when you run as it would blow backwards...

The Apex plain wolf still trails smoke, but there's absolutely _nothing_ on the Radiant Apex Howler which makes it look a bit like the Dark brotherhood wolf....

There's some smoke that accumulates when you stand still, but sadly this doesn't trail behind either when running.

It's a plain black wolf when you move.
    Edited by Sporvan on September 21, 2019 4:05AM
  • Grim_Slaughterfish
    I noticed this to, was let down after I noticed effects just stopped when you move at all. Also it appeared that there would be bats around it even just a few at all times that just aren't there. So all in all meh...
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, you've saved me a small fortune lol

I had a feeling from the previews --- I wanted the Apex Bear as well (which I actually got pretty early). I was going to keep going for a Radiant this season but I'll just stop while I have everything else I want when if I want pure rarity, I can just take out my "Striped Senche-Tiger" Mount. LOL

They need to make Radiant Apex Crates, or allow a trade-in system, add them for Gems, etc... or they'll wind up on the wrong end of lawsuits if you are paying attention to how RNG crates are going in several countries (legally).
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on September 22, 2019 6:03AM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno could you please confirm if it's intentional for this Radiant Apex mount to have no particle affects and appear to be a plain black wolf when moving/running?

It seems really strange that such a rare mount would have nothing. Please confirm if this is a bug as it's exceptionally rare to get this mount.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can somebody show any video of this wolf? What happens when it howls - does it gain any new effect? The default black cloud disappears from it's body when the wolf moves, but what happens when the wolf moves after howling?

Other person have finally showed Plagueborn Senche :) It also doesn't have any effect (except for glowing eyes) when it moves - it gains temporary green gloud (and nice looking one!) only after the roar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JHez2uYKtQ

So I guess it's intended for this season's Radiants.
    Even the regular Apex New Moon Wolf has some effects

They have very weak body aura, not much better than nothing :'(
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    Can somebody show any video of this wolf? What happens when it howls - does it gain any new effect? The default black cloud disappears from it's body when the wolf moves, but what happens when the wolf moves after howling?

Other person have finally showed Plagueborn Senche :) It also doesn't have any effect (except for glowing eyes) when it moves - it gains temporary green gloud (and nice looking one!) only after the roar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JHez2uYKtQ

So I guess it's intended for this season's Radiants.
    Even the regular Apex New Moon Wolf has some effects

They have very weak body aura, not much better than nothing :'(

Radiant Effects:

- Planemeld Hourse - Meteor and summoning circle when you press space. Blue swirls when standing still. A trail of blue lines when you run after pressing space.

- Plagueborn Senche - Green flames erupt when you press space. Poison drool and swirling flies when standing still. A trail of green flames when you run after pressing space.

- Sanguivorian Howler - Bat cloud when you press space. Black cloud when standing still. Absolutely nothing when you run after pressing space... would have expected the black cloud to trail or something, but it's just a plain black wolf.

Edited by Sporvan on September 23, 2019 6:56PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanguivorian Howler - Bat cloud when you press space. Black cloud when standing still. Absolutely nothing when you run after pressing space... would have expected the black cloud to trail or something, but it's just a plain black wolf.

Damn, now that's really sad, I agree :/ I would also expect this wolf to have at least black cloud trail, even if only after howl.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope ZOS gets on this. Also got this mount and its so weird how on the move it looks worse than the regular version lol.
  • ZhugeKongming
    What are the effects on the plagueborn senche, when it moves without pressing jump button first?
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What are the effects on the plagueborn senche, when it moves without pressing jump button first?

No effects as well, except for glowing eyes :/
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom could any of you please find out if this was intentional? It seems highly strange that this would be the only mount out of the New Moon Crates without an effect when it runs after roaring... even the Apex mounts have something.

Please ask.
  • ZhugeKongming

No wonder the jump button is pressed first in every video (no plain running displayed).

How about when parked in a house?
    The howler at least got constant smoke when parked.
    fijpxdw3t6km.jpeg
    ae47gukb5ryd.png

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It looks same as in preview - insects flying around it, green saliva pouring from the mouth :)
    No wonder the jump button is pressed first in every video (no plain running displayed).

There are some seconds at the start of the linked video when senche starts moving withour roar and effects disappear.
    Other video shows it more clearly (at 0:48):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MjBc14eihQ
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Senche has constant plague breath and flies when parked.

Planemeld Courser has constant line swirls when parked.

Howler has constant smoke when parked.

New Moon Apex Mounts have shadow tendrils when parked

Senche has green flames when running running after a roar.

Planemeld Courser has trail of blue lines when running after a roar.

Howler has _nothing_ when running after a roar.... appears to be a regular black wolf.

Apex mounts have shadow tendrils when running after a roar.

The question here, is this a bug or intentional? Did they forget to add the cloud effect when running after a wolf roar? It would be extremely out of character for a Radiant Apex mount from recent crates to have no running effect...

Earlier in thread:
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Radiant Effects:

- Planemeld Hourse - Meteor and summoning circle when you press space. Blue swirls when standing still. A trail of blue lines when you run after pressing space.

- Plagueborn Senche - Green flames erupt when you press space. Poison drool and swirling flies when standing still. A trail of green flames when you run after pressing space.

- Sanguivorian Howler - Bat cloud when you press space. Black cloud when standing still. Absolutely nothing when you run after pressing space... would have expected the black cloud to trail or something, but it's just a plain black wolf.

• Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not letting this rest I paid a lot of money under the impression I was getting a working high quality mount. And at a few hundred dollars as my first radiant apex this is not a good look for your loot crates or crown store.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Not letting this rest I paid a lot of money under the impression I was getting a working high quality mount. And at a few hundred dollars as my first radiant apex this is not a good look for your loot crates or crown store.

Agreed, I spent a ton to get this mount and am utterly disappointed that it has no running effect and feels incomplete.

I'm hoping this is just a bug with them forgetting to enable the cloud or bat effect when you run with it.

We have to maintain visibility until @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_KaiSchober can confirm if this was intentional or a bug?

• Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have to maintain visibility until @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_KaiSchober can confirm if this was intentional or a bug?
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭

It has a continuous trail of flies if you don't activate the special animation.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just want to confirm this is not intended. We're looking into it and will include a fix in a future update.
    Staff Post
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just want to confirm this is not intended. We're looking into it and will include a fix in a future update.

Thank Akatosh!! :-) Thanks Sarah for confirming! I'm so glad to hear that this will be addressed!!

*bounces around with vampiric joy*
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the speedy answer.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fijpxdw3t6km.jpeg
    ae47gukb5ryd.png

yeah but look at it compared to the poor shadow atronach senche.. its shadow should be constant too!
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    The radiant hollow jack wolf has no effects either. You have a skull in hand when mounted instead of a pumpkin but that’s it. Looks just like the regular apex version and the doom wolf when parked. Very disappointing.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    yeah but look at it compared to the poor shadow atronach senche.. its shadow should be constant too!
    Darsaga wrote: »
    The radiant hollow jack wolf has no effects either. You have a skull in hand when mounted instead of a pumpkin but that’s it. Looks just like the regular apex version and the doom wolf when parked. Very disappointing.

Seems like folks are trying to bandwagon on this thread. Please don't hijack this thread.

ZOS will not retroactively change previously mounts. They have made this a consistent policy. Older mounts have less effects.

The difference here is that this is a bug with a current mount in the crown season that is bugged comparing to all the other mounts in the current season crown crate.

Thankfully this has been confirmed by ZOS.

Edited by Sporvan on October 1, 2019 4:15PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Hi Sarah, any idea when this will be included in a patch? It would be great to have this resolved for Halloween :-)
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom will this bugfix be included in Dragonhold DLC? Tomorrow is the last patch notes...
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be fixed with today's update :)
    Staff Post
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be fixed with today's update :)

Awesome!! Halloween will be the best ever! :-) Let it rain bats!
This discussion has been closed.