The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game crashing while at Vivec City during "prime time"

redlink1979
redlink1979
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I can't use crafting tables/banker/merchant when those spots have more than 10/15 players around.
Yesterday in less than 1 hour my game crashed at least 4 times, with the same error occurring.
I've been sending crashing reports to Sony but I'm not entirely sure if you get those reports from Sony.
Please address these loading issues asap.
"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
  • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
  • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
  • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @redlink1979

What is the error coming up when you experience this crash in Vivec City?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE It's always the same one over and over again: error CE-34878-0.

Sometimes I get it without even being for 5 seconds, this happening some minutes after I turn my PS4 on, in Vivec City. I just approach a merchant/banker/crafting table with more than 10 players and... Blue screen.

Really annoying to have multiple crashes within a couple of minutes, specially when you run daily writs quests with multiple chars as often as daily.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We do have a list of troubleshooting steps specifically for Error "CE-34878-0" that you can try going through.

What do I do if I get error code "CE-34878-0" when trying to play The Elder Scrolls Online?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here. 3 times in a row so far. Spend more time logging on than anything else.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We do have a list of troubleshooting steps specifically for Error "CE-34878-0" that you can try going through.

What do I do if I get error code "CE-34878-0" when trying to play The Elder Scrolls Online?

@ZOS_BillE
    Thanks but... This problem solver does nothing. I tried this "solution" after the 1st time I got that error. Nothing was fixed, since the problem isn't at my end.
    Problem persists and happens exclusively with ESO. Under specific conditions, those stated in the original post.

The problem is on your side, even if you don't want to acknowledge that. Your servers still struggle and can't obviously handle huge amounts of data. The problem exponentially gets worst on base consoles.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kmcaj wrote: »
    Same issue here. 3 times in a row so far. Spend more time logging on than anything else.

I feel your agonizing pain, brother.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday in less than 10 minutes my game crashed at least 3 times, again when a "large" amount of players - at least 7/10 players - were at the crafting tables of Vivec City. EU server.
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 30, 2019 10:07AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let you know that the issue continues.

It won't even diminish a bit after login in a server maintenance day.

I just can't use crafting tables in Vivec City around 6:30pm/8pm BST, the lag is overwhelming. Frame rate drops until the game stops and crashes... Several times within minutes...

Other thing that happens is: game slows down (frame rate drop) until it stops, kicks me out of the server and an error message about not having an internet connection available pops up. Cream of the crop: internet connection is available on phone and computer, never got disconnected.......

Please fix this or do something to mitigate this.
  • terry2040
    terry2040
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening again now. It must be due to the event weekend and the already poor server performance. Crash everytime when loading a toon in vivec city, while having no problem for toons in other zone. PS4/NA.
  • shangxin
    shangxin
    Terrible lag all day ever since launch of Witch Festival event. I'm like 2-3 seconds lagging behind. Unable to bar swap in time and the issue get worse during trial and dungeon.

PS4/NA
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NA server's peak day times are just horrible, the lag is overwhelming. Frame rate drop can be worst in this server at some locations.