The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new and updated item sets. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Which of the new item sets did you try out, and what did you think of them?
  • Did anything you received feel under or over-powered?
  • Would you include any of the new item sets in any of your current builds?
  • What are your thoughts on the updated 3-piece item sets?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 16, 2019 3:48PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we need to complete the quests to unlock Ancient Dragonguard crafting stations to be able to craft for others? (Quote) @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to change or adjust master destruction staff? They dont synergise with the ability that they augment at all now, since patch 24.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we need to complete the quests to unlock Ancient Dragonguard crafting stations to be able to craft for others?

It states in the patch notes that "Ancient Dragonguard (Note: this set is unavailable until the Dragonguard headquarters is sufficiently restored)"

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to nerf PVE DPS, nerf the SETS not the SKILLS.

You just made it that much harder for people without elite gear to clear hard content. You nerfed what they all have access to (dot skills) without any compensation.

You left the trial sets the same.

• Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes to 3-piece sets look awesome.

Changes to Resolve/Ward/Armor buffs are very good.

All current Maelstrom and Master weapons should become "Perfected" and imperfect versions should be added to normal for the benefit of both casuals and endgamers.

Old trial sets need updates. Master Architect and War Machine should hit self + 3 allies. Minor Vulnerability has become so pervasive that Infal needs something different for the 5-pc debuff.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on September 16, 2019 10:35PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blackrose DW and blackrose resto still offer an absurdly high survivability at almost no opportunity cost as they can be 1 barred and give better effects than many 5 pc sets
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody already bought all inferno staves of imperial wrath on PC EU, I found only last one with worst trait :D
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you take the Roar of Alkosh set and have the resist debuff scale with weapon power, similar to what was done with Engulfing Flames?
    Edited by Bowser on September 17, 2019 2:05AM
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add a set bonus to Perfect Asylum, Maelstrom, and Master weapons to give better incentive to using the revampted 3-piece sets.
    @King-Koopa
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Will vMA DW receive its previous bonus since it was brought down in accordance with the buffed single target DoTs which have now been nerfed?
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Freaking love the 3 piece revamp sets. I suggest adding a few more 3 piece sets to the game AND one more new solo trial arena with unique weapons for more incentives to run 2 piece monster, 5 piece set, 3 piece set, 2 bars of different unique weapon.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new versions of the 3p sets are really good. Will be using many of them. Several of them so good for my combo builds with special/arena weapons.

Marauder`s Haste - Brilliant set and will absolutely gonna use it on several characters thats for sure! <3

Crafted sets are great too, New Moon Acolyte is a powerhouse burst set, obviously. Gonna use it for sure.

Also the Ancient Dragonguard set is nice, the 5p bonus has a gimmick on it yes, one could use Weapon/Spell power when under 50% hp for bigger heals, but.. not bad set at all, got some ideas for it tested and depending on class/playstyle its very efficient offensive & defensive set all in one.

Liking the hybrid nature of it and others like it that we have as crafted sets lately, gives options to get better off stat heals on classes with not so great heals while on "mainly stam" build and so on. My true hybrid dreams shall never die haha.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Do you have any other general feedback?
    Regarding Fortified Brass set:
    Fortified Brass: Reduced the Physical and Spell Resistances granted from the 5 piece bonus of this set to 3460 from 5170.

How about keeping this set defence values, but instead add a "kiss - curse" to it ? Some draw back, that you get this huge DMG mitigation. I was thinking of something mobility related. For example more expensive % sprint cost or slower % movement speed, or % slower sprint etc.

So it would make sense that you have this HUGE armour / gear that also slows you down.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 17, 2019 12:02PM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change to the resistance set bonuses are going to result in wasted stats on classes with an unbalanced resist passive.

For example, on my Templar I used a set that was giving me a single physical resist bonus to reach physical resist cap when I'm tanking. Same with one of my DKs. Now I will have to use twice as much stat budget to close the gap, with half of it being wasted on mag resist that is absolutely useless beyond the cap.

Using a set bonus to close the gap was a preferable option, because I could get more CPs into mitigation that goes beyond what can be achieved via resistances, resulting in overall better defenses. Now I'll be forced to use CPs to get physical resistances up. This takes away build options, and makes it harder to make a char that can switch from DD to tank by swapping just gear and skills, which will contribute to the problem with the lack of tanks and people going as fake tanks in the dungeon finder.

Either give those passives the same treatment as the sets, or give us a way to improve just physical resistance at similarly low stat investment as a single set bonus.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy at the 3 piece changes, and that we have really good new crafted and overland sets.

New Moon should probably have a bigger cost increase to balance the damage buff.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Do we need to complete the quests to unlock Ancient Dragonguard crafting stations to be able to craft for others?

It states in the patch notes that "Ancient Dragonguard (Note: this set is unavailable until the Dragonguard headquarters is sufficiently restored)"

Thanks, I meant to ask if others who haven't unlocked the Dragonguard headquarters, can use this set crafted by others that have?
    I assume so because that is how the Fighters' and Mages' guild sets work. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm concerned that Marauder is not a named buff. It stacks with other sources of Expedition. Didn't we recently standardize all that speed to keep people from making untouchable speed builds?

Alternate ideas:
    Minor Exp when you have a damage shield active
    Snare removal and immunity for X seconds when you cast a damage shield
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought one of the things in focus is performance improvements. All of those sets with stack of X are everything but performance friendly as you need to calculate/update/propagate the stacks and their effect for each character involved in each second...
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the 2pc Blessing of the Potentates be changed from 5% reduced damage from players to a big chunk of resistances? That way it can be used in both PVE and PVP.
    @King-Koopa
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new sets actually seem super good.

Surprisingly the crafted sets are super interesting and I will have to give them a go on the PTS, I like the hybrid nature of the sets when they can be made in any weight I'd like to see crafted sets to get more of this hybrid nature in the future.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortified Brass: Reduced the Physical and Spell Resistances granted from the 5 piece bonus of this set to 3460 from 5170.

How about keeping this set defence values, but instead add a "kiss - curse" to it ? Some draw back, that you get this huge DMG mitigation. I was thinking of something mobility related. For example more expensive % sprint cost or slower % movement speed, or % slower sprint etc.

So it would make sense that you have this HUGE armour / gear that also slows you down.

This set is gone into Decon Zone with the current changes and adding any kiss curse to the original will send it back there again.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Scalebreaker sets were per-emptively nerfed last PTS because DOTs were overtuned. I think we can safely push these sets back up to where they were originally since DOTs got neutered and need some incentive to be played around.

Z'ens should go back up to 2%
    Azureblight could reduce the tick requirement
    Dro'Zakar could go back to 200 weapon damage
    Maarselok could up the damage per dot %.
  • perditioner
    perditioner
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know where NMA set station is? Want to test it but I don't want to explore the whole zone yet.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well obviously 618 health recovery on 3 piece of endurance is completely overturned. Like is this a typo??
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Senchal Defender (Heavy)
    2 – 1096 Max Stamina
    3 – 1206 Max Health
    4 – 1096 Max Magicka
    5 – Dealing direct damage with a non-Heavy Attack grants you one persistent stack of Senchal’s Duty, up to 10 stacks. After dealing damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, restore 535 Stamina and Magicka for each stack of Senchal’s Duty and consume them. You can only gain one stack of Senchal’s Duty every 1 second.

This is a tank set they id use but I’d like it to have more “tank” stats and possibly more group utility

Instead of max stam and Magicka

I’d like it to have two max healths and 1 healing taken

And instead of the stack being consumed just by you it would be nice to have that sent out into your group the amount just instead of only you getting it everyone in the group gets it

Even if the first 4 items don’t change cause I can deal with that

But I’d really like to see the stacks go towards Everyone
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You want a set with that much resists and kiss curse? You're in luck, use Armor Master.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on September 19, 2019 6:12PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    The change to the resistance set bonuses are going to result in wasted stats on classes with an unbalanced resist passive.

For example, on my Templar I used a set that was giving me a single physical resist bonus to reach physical resist cap when I'm tanking. Same with one of my DKs. Now I will have to use twice as much stat budget to close the gap, with half of it being wasted on mag resist that is absolutely useless beyond the cap.

Using a set bonus to close the gap was a preferable option, because I could get more CPs into mitigation that goes beyond what can be achieved via resistances, resulting in overall better defenses. Now I'll be forced to use CPs to get physical resistances up. This takes away build options, and makes it harder to make a char that can switch from DD to tank by swapping just gear and skills, which will contribute to the problem with the lack of tanks and people going as fake tanks in the dungeon finder.

Either give those passives the same treatment as the sets, or give us a way to improve just physical resistance at similarly low stat investment as a single set bonus.

There is nothing in the game that you need capped resists for. This is a nonproblem.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update Grothdarr to standards of melee set!
    It typical melee set with 8m radius yet unlike similar sets like Auroran or Zaan it don't have range limit and as result situation like this constantly happens:
    grothdarr-waste.gif
    This decreasing effectiveness of set too much because proc often happen when none of targets in range and then 50% cooldown hit till next proc.
    There is 2 ways of updating it:
    1. Like Auroran and Zaan and Malubeth - make it limit of procing only when damage dealt within 8m, that is match radius of Gorthdarr, so range skills wont hurt proc conditions.
    2. Easier way - Like Overwhelming Surge that don't have cooldown but deal less damage and this even if cooldown wasted it not problem because next proc will happen instantly anyway - remove 5sec cooldown and cut damage in half so it will deal twice less damage but proc will be constant.
    However problem is that auxiliary power of non-monster set (Surge) is higher than of similar type of set (Grothdarr) not just by additional effect but also by damage itself. Surge has additional bonus tied to damage but that limiting it to 6 target cap while Grothdarr don't have such effect but coz this it deal damage to uncapped amount of enemies. But what if update Grothdarr to follow same effect as Surge and decrease it overall uncapped AoE damage in exchange of additional effect (X5 of damage as heal/stam return). In the end boss ability that this set imitating is called "Burning Rage" <-- sound impressive for just fire damage proc.
    Also Iceheart already has this auxiliary power bonus in form of damage shield but for same reason it also got punished for it by damage proc attached to damage shield. Remove this binding so damage wont stop ticking as soon as damage shield is down.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

There is nothing in the game that you need capped resists for. This is a nonproblem.

I hear it a lot from tanks who then go on and die in the poison phase in vSO hm when they have to tank adds away from the group.

Also, if it's not needed, why not remove all the resist passives and set bonuses from the game entirely then? They are totally pointless anyways according to you. Everything can be tanked with 27k that you get from just wearing heavy armor and using a resist buff. And healers would be useful again, because suddenly tanks would take 20% more damage than they did before.

And what's the point in build diversity, right? Every tank should have the exact same build, and not be allowed to trade HP and resources for resistances and vice versa, because there is only one way to tank and you are the ESO Jesus who shows us the way.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are the ESO Jesus who shows us the way.

thank you for recognizing that.