The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Siege of Cyrodiil Merits are either broken or ridiculous

PizzaCat82
PizzaCat82
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I get time to do some quests in Imperial city and the timer needs to be either shown as (You can do a quest now) or it needs to reset each day at 2AM, like other daily items.

I'm just tired of doing the quests, doing PVP, and then getting no Merits for my efforts. You want people to participate in these things then maybe reward them for it.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They only waited a week to fix it, that's a pretty quick response for ZO$ on something that isn't Crown Store related
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I got one last night after doing 6 different district quests..

I did 2 quests today and no badge. I did them well after 1 day since my last turn in.

Its ridiculous. I'm playing a different game till they fix this or I'm sure I'll get a merit.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    I'm just tired of doing the quests, doing PVP, and then getting no Merits for my efforts. You want people to participate in these things then maybe reward them for it.
    Pro tip:
    When turning in the quest, pay attention to what the reward shows as.

If it shows the reward as a Siegemaster's Coffer, there's your guaranteed merit.
    But if the reward shows up as just a Tel Var Sack, no merit.

If the wrong reward shows up, DO NOT TURN IN THE QUEST. Return at a later time and you will get the Coffer with the merit inside :)
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Pro tip:

If it shows the reward as a Siegemaster's Coffer, there's your guaranteed merit.

If the wrong reward shows up, DO NOT TURN IN THE QUEST. Return at a later time and you will get the Coffer with the merit inside :)

Edit: You realize that console players DO NOT GET A REWARD SHOWING IN THE QUEST LOG

So yeah, guess I'll just wait a few more hours and hope for the best.
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on September 10, 2019 7:09PM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you happen to recall which quests you were doing?
    Staff Post
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ogre traps in Noble district and kill Daedroth / Fire Atronachs in the Arboretum.
  • rothtwinsdad
    rothtwinsdad
    ✭✭
    I have done all the district dailies and have got zero on PS4, what quests do you get them from?
    PS4/NA
    Ace Ventura: Magsorc pve dps
    Bodacious Brutality: Stamblade pve dps
    Freezer Pops: Magden pvp DC
    Nature Boy: Stamden pvp DC
    Tramp Stampler: Magplar pve dps
    Sargent Slaughterfish: Magblade
    Unbreakable: Stampler pvp DC
    Combustible: DK pve tank
    Romancing The Bone: Stamcro pve dps/tank
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip:

Edit: You realize that console players DO NOT GET A REWARD SHOWING IN THE QUEST LOG

I play in gamepad mode, and I definitely see what I’m about to get as a reward just before I turn in the quest. It’s not in the log. It’s in the “dialogue” with the board/NPC just before you click to accept the rewards and hand it in. You should still have a chance to back out of the dialogue without handing in the quest if you see you’re going to get the wrong thing.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Pro tip:

I play in gamepad mode, and I definitely see what I’m about to get as a reward just before I turn in the quest. It’s not in the log. It’s in the “dialogue” with the board/NPC just before you click to accept the rewards and hand it in. You should still have a chance to back out of the dialogue without handing in the quest if you see you’re going to get the wrong thing.

The quest rewards will be updated for all platforms after Monday morning's maintenance. For console, there will be a UI issue with the quest rewards after Monday. It will appear you are not getting the correct rewards, but when you check your inventory they will be there.

I dont' know what that means to you, but I assumed it mean that the correct rewards would not show in my dialogue options.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These quests count towards the Siege of Cyrodiil merits:
    • Dousing the Fires of Industry
    • Historical Accuracy
    • The Lifeblood of an Empire
    • Priceless Treasures
    • Speaking For The Dead
    • Watch Your Step
    If you completed the correct quest and did not get a merit, please submit a support ticket so we can look into it further.
    Staff Post
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These quests count towards the Siege of Cyrodiil merits:
    • Dousing the Fires of Industry
    • Historical Accuracy
    • The Lifeblood of an Empire
    • Priceless Treasures
    • Speaking For The Dead
    • Watch Your Step
    If you completed the correct quest and did not get a merit, please submit a support ticket so we can look into it further.

Thank you, I will try to do the other cyradiil dailies that give rewards, instead of the ones that dont. Wish there was a way to tell before I started doing them.

Edit: Just did priceless treasures and no merit. Creating a ticket. Woo.
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on September 10, 2019 8:13PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Edit: Just did priceless treasures and no merit. Creating a ticket. Woo.
    @PizzaCat82
    It's not clear if you are on console or PC/Mac? The IC dailies appear to be working properly again on PC/Mac. (Light telvar urns are also giving 400 telvar instead of the usual 200).

Note that there is a 20 hour cooldown (I think) between getting Siege of Cyrodiil merits. This isn't stated anywhere, but it's the way they work. So if you did a bunch of IC dailies last night, then more this morning, any quests turned in this morning will only get the light telvar urn reward and NOT the Siege of Cyrodiil coffer. Given that there is currently a UI bug for console users that means (I think) you can't see if you will be getting the correct reward or not, the best bet is to turn in your dailies at about the same time of day each day. Good luck!

Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on September 11, 2019 12:18AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip:

1.It's been bugged read the other threads about it
    2.And prior to that - You only get one a day
    3.Console players DO get the reward when it's not bugged.

- first time a day before you accept quest you see siege master coffer. If it's there grab it
    - second time it will just say tel var satchel - wait.

Done.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • O-Los_Zulis
    O-Los_Zulis
    ✭✭✭
    You only get one Siege of Cyrodiil merit a day; it's been work on the PC since patch, for any any way.
    Tyger Blue Eyes

"My words mean nothing if you never listen."

-=15+ Toons=- cp1300+ Master Crafter+ 12+AD 1DC 1EP=-

• PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just an update to this, since it's been necro'd:

1. Seiges are now working, being rewarded every (20? 24) hours
    2. Console players have to keep track of when they did the first one manually, because the rewards for doing it before the 20 hours and after the 20 hours appear to be the same until you turn in the quest. Its a known bug, and the reason I had so much trouble earlier.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue still persists. Done several of the quests required to get the merits but still haven´t got any.

PC/EU