Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wanted: Spool, Red Thread - where is it from?

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
I have recently seen the Spool, Red Thread start showing up on guild stores. I like to know where all furniture things come from and haven't been having any luck so far locating this item. I suspect it is pickpocketed and recently added to the loot table.

If anyone has any leads, please let me know :)
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    The coloured threads are from the weekly Luxury Vendor, who visits Coldharbour every weekend. I don't know which particular week of the year he last visited, but usually the same items come around the same week each year, so check him weekly and eventually you should be able to purchase the threads.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Spool, Red Thread is from week 45 at the Luxury Furnisher. We are currently at week 29. So in 16 weeks! :#
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Spool, Blue Thread is from the luxury vendor, the Spool, Red Thread is not! I have loads of the blue one and figured the red would get added to him eventually but it hasn't been and it is showing up on guild stores for outrageous prices (400k one i saw lol).

Source still a mystery!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    The Spool, Blue Thread is from the luxury vendor

So it is! Guess I need new glasses. Or I haven't thought much of the colour of the thread. :)
    Hmm...Yeah. Seems to be no information from where the red thread comes from. How intriguing.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't you ask someone who is selling it where they got it?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has an extremely annoying bad habit of ninja adding furniture items to loot tables, most often legerdemain, without a single peep, no patch notes or anything. Often with droprates that are next to subatomic in size. Several Vvardenfell plants may as well not exist, due to their horrendously low droprate. Same goes for many stolen items, good luck finding any Jel parchment pages these days, for instance.

I think you have stated the source yourself, Mix, by saying it's a recent addition as a stolen items. But from where, Zenimax only knows. And judging from the price at guild traders and the very few ones in circulation, it seems like yet another ultra rare "might as well not exist" item. Which makes sense yeah, for a frickin' spool of thread ... /s
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, when items are so rare (stolen or harvested) AND not available on the crown furniture tab it really sucks. I do have a lot of ??? for those harvested Vvardenfell plants because I can't confirm them myself or direct through a guildmate usually.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    red thread is supposedly from hew's bane, hew's palace during one of the quests
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do a lot of stealing and have found many Jel Parchment pages, but no spool of red thread. Only empty spools.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, another Hew's Palace quest only thing?!

Good thing I have mules - I'll check it out, thanks @StabbityDoom

(that's where the Skooma Bubblers originally were (and their recipe) until ZoS moved them)
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, really? So, I have to go through the quest to get it? (Because now I know it exists, I want it, of course.) And it is only inside the palace? You can't get it anywhere else!?!? O_O
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, really? So, I have to go through the quest to get it? (Because now I know it exists, I want it, of course.) And it is only inside the palace? You can't get it anywhere else!?!? O_O

That wasn't the info I got, or at least how I interpreted it.

I first heard of a spool of red thread in a Twitch stream (I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's the same stream where the other poster heard about it too), and eventually someone in the stream's chat said they got it from stealing in Hew's Bane. At no point did they say it was inside the palace (at least not that I've read).

I'll try my hand at some illicit activities there and if I get the spool, I'll report back.

• Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have one, and for sure I didn't get it in Hew's Bane (I never farm in Hew's Bane). I loathe pickpocketing so it was almost certainly not from pickpocketing. At the time I looted it, I was doing a rotation of Murkmire, Vvardenfell, and Summerset container farming; only the Murkmire farming was with justice containers. I DO have a habit of poking into justice containers as I pass them in every zone I'm in, just in case, so it's possible that it was not in Murkmire, but through frequency of farming it is most likely to be there that I looted it.

Also, I received it prior to the Elsweyr launch, but possibly after Wrathstone. I can't remember if it was pre- or post-Wrathstone for certain. It may have come in with that update.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I messaged one of the players selling a spool and they informed me they stole it from a house in Vvardenfell.

This item could be a global stealing drop similar to the Shivering Cheese but rarer...
    Edited by Mix on August 25, 2019 12:57PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truthsnark's Clothing area with the ultra-rare Spool, Red Thread <3

bgKvDZ2.png
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    I do a lot of stealing and have found many Jel Parchment pages, but no spool of red thread. Only empty spools.

I know this thread is quite old, but is there any chance that you remember, where you got the Jel Parchment from?
    I got one somewhere in Murkmire when I didn't even now that it exists and have been trying to get a second one since then, without much luck. I couldn't find any concrete info either, just that it's probably stolen somewhere in Murkmire.
    If anyone knows where exactly it's from or which NPC drop it, it would be really nice, if you would share the info :)

If anyone knows anything new about the spool, that would be great too =)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Füßchen wrote: »

I know this thread is quite old, but is there any chance that you remember, where you got the Jel Parchment from?
    I got one somewhere in Murkmire when I didn't even now that it exists and have been trying to get a second one since then, without much luck. I couldn't find any concrete info either, just that it's probably stolen somewhere in Murkmire.
    If anyone knows where exactly it's from or which NPC drop it, it would be really nice, if you would share the info :)

If anyone knows anything new about the spool, that would be great too =)

I stole two jel parchments, both from lockboxes in murkmire.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We've have closed this topic as it was originally created in 2019 and the information contained within may no longer be relevant to the game. Please feel free to start a new topic on this subject if you wish to discuss it further.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 6, 2021 2:46PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.