Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Desync issues in Maelstrom Arena

Lovelocke
Lovelocke
✭✭✭
Maelstrom Arena has always been a buggy, laggy place, but at the moment it's plagued by "desync" (best way I can describe it).

The game in general has had this problem for a while now, an example is killing a monster and trying to loot it but it says you're not close enough. This is because the body you see on the screen isn't where it actually is.

I just ignored it up until I started running vMA again.

The two biggest issues this desync causes are:
  • Unable to bash enemies
  • Standing in shield on Vault of Umbrage still kills you

The above is literally because the enemies on your screen are in a different spot to the server. As you may have guessed I raged on the Umbrage staged when I died, despite being in the shield. This stage in particular is very buggy, so this was not a welcome surprise.

Another big issue I notice is quite a lot of my light attacks don't register. Currently run it on my WW, and it's so bad right now I can say a good 1 in 5 or maybe even 1 in 4 light attacks don't register. Sometimes the only attacks that do register are my claws ability. Sometimes my fear doesn't fear the enemy. On the penultimate stage I had the penultimate boss chaining me from behind despite the boss actually being in front of me, that's how bad the desync is.

I see people complaining about this on Reddit but haven't seen a post on the forums so thought I would make a thread. Hopefully you can do something to help.
  • BlueViper77
    BlueViper77
    Soul Shriven
    I have this too, huge lags, basically not playable currently.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time use the search function there's already a few threads regarding the trash-can levels of performance in Maelstrom Arena right now
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Next time use the search function there's already a few threads regarding the trash-can levels of performance in Maelstrom Arena right now

I don't see any threads in PC Support regarding Maelstrom Arena?

Anyway, thanks for your pointless reply, a real contribution to the forum.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had the shield issue but the bash issue has been around for a very long time. Wouldn’t expect it to be fixed anytime soon
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    Never had the shield issue but the bash issue has been around for a very long time. Wouldn’t expect it to be fixed anytime soon

I'm hoping they can pump in some more resources like they did for the Group Finder when it went really bad a few months ago. Here's hoping!
  • Yirmeyahu
    Yirmeyahu
    ✭✭✭
    I've reported everything from the "desync" of mobs (appearing to be in one spot on screen, but not being targetable or interruptable... only for them to instantly "rubberband" to another spot and suddenly be targetable) to mobs being flat out invisible (especially in the frozen pond stage) going back as far as just a few months after the arena launched on PC.

I've even submitted video of these issues on these very forums and, well...
    I'm still waiting for a response from anyone at Zenimax Online Studios.

So, with that said, I'm quit positive that nobody will care about this thread either. But, hey, I'm with you. Painfully, painfully with you; like a support group buddy. I honestly wish that I had not broken my year+ break from VMA yesterday for the event. I quickly remembered why I stopped running it almost daily. :s
  • gvardi_l
    gvardi_l
    ✭✭✭
    I've experienced everything above too. I've been running vMA 2-3 times a day on my WW from the start of event and desync is one of the biggest issues that causes most of the rng deaths on 5 and 7 stages.
    The bash problem is so severe that I've even had to slot Venom Arrow to have an interrupt for mages on 9 stage because melee bash just don't register on the enemy just as melee attacks in general, be it dual or WW LA/HA.
    PC potato EU
  • Frostystuff
    Frostystuff
    ✭✭
    Yep had to change my load out as bashing just doesn't work, issues with the trolls in stage 5, managed to freeze to death without stepping off the platform at one point.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    These bugs are not new, they come up each VMA event and occasionally in between, as well. They have not been fixed the last years despite fairly detailed bug reports over and over so I would not get my hopes up they will anytime soon. Or at all. The new performance issues come on top to the old bugs so things get messier and messier but that's ESO 2019 in a nutshell.

In my opinion, server desyncs should not even an issue with a 100% solo activity like VMA. If it would reside on the client, no broken server could spoil our VMA experience. And we could play VMA when servers are offline, too. However, we could bookmark this (and the other VMA bug reports) for next year, it will most likely save you the effort to retype the same topic. Unfortunately.