Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blue screen is actually a black screen...

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
So, since maintenance, I just "black screened" rather than blue screened...

It's been happening a lot that I blue screen (and others are reporting to me the same issue) shortly after using a wayshrine and landing in the target zone...

However, this time I did it, and instead of blue screening - the screen went completely black. It took about 3 minutes for the blue screen to come up.

PS4 - NA server. Happened just now, travelling from Vvardenfell to Stormhaven.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    @Rittings

Continuous crashing on PS4 can usually be resolved by fully power cycling your console by powering it down and momentarily unplugging it, clearing the ESO save data, or reinstalling the game. You can check out more information on how to perform these actions here.

In addition, crashing during fast travel can be related to connection issues, if the steps above do not resolve this for you please also try our troubleshooting steps for PS4 Connection Issues here.

Please let us know whether or not these steps have resolved this issue for you.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't resolve the blue screens. I've followed all these steps.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Rittings

Does the blue screen display any error message when this happens?

If it doesn't, you can go into the PS4 settings, select system, then go into 'Error History.' From here you can find the error that led to ESO crashing when you were traveling.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • calmchambrwb17_ESO
    I had the same thing happen to me today. I tried different toons, different servers but after a few mins, my screen turns black for a few seconds then the game crashes. I deleted game data, reboot router, ps4 but nothing helped. Then I rebuilt PS4 from safe screen and I've actually been in game for longer than 5 mins and no crashed yet. fingers crossed
  • calmchambrwb17_ESO
    So update, my game worked yesterday but after logging in for a few mins today the crashing started again....sigh. I would normally think it's my end but have no issues with other games on ps4 and this is happening to other peeps. I'm dealing with lag, worst frame rate since I started playing eso and now this everyday?
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't think it's our end - and for any hint of Zenimax suggesting it is pretty patronizing and lacking in self responsibility. We are all facing several blue screens per day at least (if you play for any great deal of time).

Here are a list of other games I've played for in excess of 12 months and the amount of blue screens I've endured with them...

Fortnite: 1
    FIFA: 0
    Elite Dangerous: 3 (all doing the same thing and known error, was fixed within 24 hours of people reporting it)
    Everybody's Golf: 0
    Gran Turismo: 0
    Call of Duty World At War: 1
    MLB The Show: 0 usually, but there was a period of blue screening in a particular mode in one released version - it was cleared within a week - it was a guaranteed blue screen if you played that one particular mode)
    Dauntless: 0
    Neverwinter: 0
    Destiny: 6 (About half a dozen - but again this was a known issue that was resolved fairly quickly)
    GTA V Online: 5 or 6 times is all I can remember over the course of the several years

I've obviously not counted the amount of ESO blue screens - however, if I were to estimate over the course of my time playing it, and this is probably a scrooge-like figure that is undoubtedly higher than this, I'd saying it's approximately 1000-1500 times.

However, we are being told that it's on us, and not on them. Seems a little odd.